LG TRUMOTION MISSING - Specific to 42LM, 47LM & 55LM series (excludes LM7600 and newer) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 272 Old 05-02-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15

Lately there have been quite a lot of posts in scattered throughout the LG LM owner’s threads with respect to the TruMotion feature missing from the 47” and 55” LM sets. This feature is present on the 65” LM sets however.

In an effort to consolidate and make the most up-to-date information available, I felt it might be appreciated if a dedicated thread was started.

After a barrage of Facebook posts on LG USA & LG Canada’s Facebook page, private messages between myself and the LG Canada Facebook Moderator, and phone calls to the 1-800 number, I was finally able to connect with LG Canada’s HE Training Support Manager. I was a little unsure if the conversation would turn out to be about as helpful as the 1-800 support (sarcasm), but to my surprise, the conversation was very helpful and satisfied my question by acknowledging this issue is in fact due to an oversight. Apparently, just before I called him back, he had received a communication from LG Korea who now officially acknowledge this problem with the first run of 47 & 55 LM series sets. It is classified as a "known issue" now.

The LG Rep had opened up a few factory fresh models from their warehouse this morning and confirmed the feature does exist on the batch shipping currently. They have a newer version of firmware installed which brings TruMotion control to the menu. Seeing as his findings at the warehouse were completely contradictory to my complaint, he then decided to drop by a retail store to investigate with a demo. There were no 55LM's on display, but there was a 47LM and after testing, it was confirmed undeniably this set did not have TruMotion.

Conclusion: It’s just a matter of time now until the first batch has TruMotion installed via software update. Not only did the gentleman who I spoke with know his stuff, but he gave deadlines and clear expectations of when we can expect an update – “By the end of May, if not sooner”. He suggested we keep checking as it could become available any day now.

In short, here are the highlights and specific details from the conversation:

1. If you buy a 47" or 55" with a May serial number the feature will exist. They come with a newer version of the firmware which includes the TruMotion settings.

2. If you have a TV older than late Apr/May (Mine has an early Apr serial number) a web released update will be available no later than the end of May.

3. There is no need to worry about hardware compatibility. The newest batch and first are hardware identical. The problem is simply a software oversight and resolved with the update.

I hope this helps. If you’re at all like me, you love this set! I’m looking forward to being able to tweak the dejudder settings and TruMotion processing.

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 272 Old 05-06-2012, 02:44 AM

Liked: 10
thanks m8/Brecklington

I have a question regarding the LM7600
there another model almost identical LM760s Germany ,LM760t UK and LM7610 Middle East.

the question
1-is it possible to install the firmware update manually ? ( using LAN/WiFi/USB)
2- can I use the firmware of any model mentioned above to LM7600 ?

i really need the LM7600 models and in the same time need the RTL text support ( Hebrew/Arabic)
post #3 of 272 Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr00oo00 View Post

thanks m8/Brecklington

I have a question regarding the LM7600
there another model almost identical LM760s Germany ,LM760t UK and LM7610 Middle East.

the question
1-is it possible to install the firmware update manually ? ( using LAN/WiFi/USB)
2- can I use the firmware of any model mentioned above to LM7600 ?

i really need the LM7600 models and in the same time need the RTL text support ( Hebrew/Arabic)

Hi Mr00oo00,

I think you may have posted in the wrong tread. Your model is exempt from the issue I have described and your question is not related to this thread. Perhaps you posted in error?

Thanks.
post #4 of 272 Old 05-07-2012, 03:44 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brecklington View Post

Lately there have been quite a lot of posts in scattered throughout the LG LM owner’s threads with respect to the TruMotion feature missing from the 47” and 55” LM sets. This feature is present on the 65” LM sets however.

In an effort to consolidate and make the most up-to-date information available, I felt it might be appreciated if a dedicated thread was started.

After a barrage of Facebook posts on LG USA & LG Canada’s Facebook page, private messages between myself and the LG Canada Facebook Moderator, and phone calls to the 1-800 number, I was finally able to connect with LG Canada’s HE Training Support Manager. I was a little unsure if the conversation would turn out to be about as helpful as the 1-800 support (sarcasm), but to my surprise, the conversation was very helpful and satisfied my question by acknowledging this issue is in fact due to an oversight. Apparently, just before I called him back, he had received a communication from LG Korea who now officially acknowledge this problem with the first run of 47 & 55 LM series sets. It is classified as a "known issue" now.

The LG Rep had opened up a few factory fresh models from their warehouse this morning and confirmed the feature does exist on the batch shipping currently. They have a newer version of firmware installed which brings TruMotion control to the menu. Seeing as his findings at the warehouse were completely contradictory to my complaint, he then decided to drop by a retail store to investigate with a demo. There were no 55LM's on display, but there was a 47LM and after testing, it was confirmed undeniably this set did not have TruMotion.

Conclusion: It’s just a matter of time now until the first batch has TruMotion installed via software update. Not only did the gentleman who I spoke with know his stuff, but he gave deadlines and clear expectations of when we can expect an update – “By the end of May, if not sooner”. He suggested we keep checking as it could become available any day now.

In short, here are the highlights and specific details from the conversation:

1. If you buy a 47" or 55" with a May serial number the feature will exist. They come with a newer version of the firmware which includes the TruMotion settings.

2. If you have a TV older than late Apr/May (Mine has an early Apr serial number) a web released update will be available no later than the end of May.

3. There is no need to worry about hardware compatibility. The newest batch and first are hardware identical. The problem is simply a software oversight and resolved with the update.

I hope this helps. If you’re at all like me, you love this set! I’m looking forward to being able to tweak the dejudder settings and TruMotion processing.

Cheers!

Hopefully what the LG rep said is correct and that a firmware update is in place. I thought that it was a huge oversight to not allow the user the change the Trumotion option On and Off. My 47LM6700 TV was manufactured in Feb 2012 so I am waiting patiently for a firmware update to fix the Trumotion issue. I would assume the same firmware update to fix the Trumotion feature would apply to the LM6200 and LS5700 models as well?
post #5 of 272 Old 05-07-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post

Hopefully what the LG rep said is correct and that a firmware update is in place. I thought that it was a huge oversight to not allow the user the change the Trumotion option On and Off. My 47LM6700 TV was manufactured in Feb 2012 so I am waiting patiently for a firmware update to fix the Trumotion issue. I would assume the same firmware update to fix the Trumotion feature would apply to the LM6200 and LS5700 models as well?

I agree with you. I have this rep's personal cell phone number, which I won't publish under any circumstance, however, I WILL be calling back if this information turns out to be a "keep it quiet a bit longer" conversation. I have faith though. I put a lot of pressure on him during the conversation and he didn't hesitate or waiver at all when speaking about the release expectations. I check every day, and I'm truly expecting it. I found the LG customer service in this instance to be outstanding and I highly doubt I was being lied to. Only time will tell though.

The fact is, the newest batch from May 2012 do have this functionality... I can't imagine any logical reason why it wouldn't happen for us.

Cheers
post #6 of 272 Old 05-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Quote:

I agree with you. I have this rep's personal cell phone number, which I won't publish under any circumstance, however, I WILL be calling back if this information turns out to be a "keep it quiet a bit longer" conversation. I have faith though. I put a lot of pressure on him during the conversation and he didn't hesitate or waiver at all when speaking about the release expectations. I check every day, and I'm truly expecting it. I found the LG customer service in this instance to be outstanding and I highly doubt I was being lied to. Only time will tell though.

The fact is, the newest batch from May 2012 do have this functionality... I can't imagine any logical reason why it wouldn't happen for us.

Cheers

I am curious why LG hasn't decided to release the firmware update if indeed its already in the May 2012 tv batches. I know its the first week of May and all. Has the May 2012 TV's not gone through QA approval yet? I can't imagine why it wouldn't be available soon as in next week or so.

Were you able to ask the LG rep what other fixes are going to be included in this firmware update?
post #7 of 272 Old 05-09-2012, 04:58 PM

i've called, emailed, and chatted with LG reps about this many times. The last 2 times, I was told that there will be an update, but the people i chatted with talked to me like i was an idiot and told me that it depends on the source/resolution.

I kept all my chat logs, and if there is not an update by the end of the month, i will call back and raise hell.

btw, in the 6700 thread someone said that the update is out in italy, so hopefully it will be out in the U.S soon.
post #8 of 272 Old 05-17-2012, 03:28 PM

has anyone gotten any updated news from LG?
post #9 of 272 Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Are there any 55" not affected by this missing Trumotion at all?

I exchanged mine for another of the same size/model due to wifi issues, but neither my original one nor this new one have Trumotion.

This TV has been pretty disappointing so far.
post #10 of 272 Old 05-24-2012, 04:48 PM

Well LG Australia seem to know nothing about the true motion function issue, my set certainly doesn't have the function enabled. Will post back if I get any update from them with regards to a fix (not very hopeful) I have made an enquiry with regard to a 42" LM6200, as I assume I am supposed to have the feature as well as it is on the box.
post #11 of 272 Old 05-24-2012, 05:20 PM

LG Australia have their technicians looking into it. They didn't have a lm6200 to test on hand but did confirm that their lm6700 did have the function enabled. Any other Aussies with one of these sets that can confirm? The footy looks like ass on this tv and I want the trumotion function to try and smooth it out. Would the suspected update be county specific?
post #12 of 272 Old 05-25-2012, 04:23 AM

I have the 42" LM6200 and am missing the TruMotion also. My Software Version is 03.09.46. Hoping the update comes soon. Does anyone have any recommended settings for picture etc? Cheers.
post #13 of 272 Old 05-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunksters View Post

I have the 42" LM6200 and am missing the TruMotion also. My Software Version is 03.09.46. Hoping the update comes soon. Does anyone have any recommended settings for picture etc? Cheers.

I messed around with settings posted in other forums and this one. Realised that what I liked looking at best in my own house was what the picture wizard gave me (plus turning off edge enhance) 0 sharpness seems to work well for me as well. Edges definitely look a bit more blunted but there seems to be much less artifacts/blockiness and the picture just seems to stay together better when panning. I will post up my settings later when home. I also used the settings from the picture wizard for 3d and then turned up the backlight by 30.
post #14 of 272 Old 05-25-2012, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

** UPDATE **

Finally received a reply back from LG USA. They claim June for the release date. At least both N.A. branches are agreeing there is a problem. I'm more confident now that we'll actually get these features soon, but not confident on the date anymore. I responded with what LG Canada told me, but no reply *shocking*...

Hope this helps.
post #15 of 272 Old 05-28-2012, 12:59 PM

I have been reading up on this but have a quick question. On all sub 65 models the 120hz never enables? I have noticed I never see the Hz change from 60 unless I watch a bluray then it goes to 24hz. I called the lg 800 number just to see what they would say. They said the 120 kicks on when the TV senses video with a lot of motion and the "eye care" adjusted it. When I told them that's not the case they said that's what they were directed to tell consumers who call on this subject. Seems kinda shady. Also if the 120hz is missing all together has anybody received a response as to how they let these TV get produced without anyone noticing it when they tested them and did their QA? Seems like a huge mess up from a company that should of known better.
post #16 of 272 Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarredw View Post

I have been reading up on this but have a quick question. On all sub 65 models the 120hz never enables? I have noticed I never see the Hz change from 60 unless I watch a bluray then it goes to 24hz. I called the lg 800 number just to see what they would say. They said the 120 kicks on when the TV senses video with a lot of motion and the "eye care" adjusted it. When I told them that's not the case they said that's what they were directed to tell consumers who call on this subject. Seems kinda shady. Also if the 120hz is missing all together has anybody received a response as to how they let these TV get produced without anyone noticing it when they tested them and did their QA? Seems like a huge mess up from a company that should of known better.

To answer your question: Yes, very questionable what they told you, and completely incorrect. The 1800 number is useless as confirmed by the Tech Manager I spoke with to get the real info on this matter. The 1800 is useless and they do not know the product. What they told you is new to me though. Normally they just try to get you off the phone by saying "eye care" is now what Trumotion is called (despite what the box says) LOL.

I have received confirmation from both LG USA and LG Canada now, as well as spoke to an LG Canada Manager who confirmed the crazy oversight, confirms the May models have this feature and last but not least, confirms the pre May sets (yours and mine - 55" or lower) will be receiving the firmware update via internet in late May. LG USA says June though.

Anyway, I'm confident we'll get it very soon as the LG Canada Manager guy literally opened boxes of the May production sets and the feature was there as well as a newer software version. It's just a matter of time. I can appreciate your frustration though... Insane oversight and very questionable quality control. I can't get an actual explanation as to how this could happen... No one from LG can seem to explain that one...
post #17 of 272 Old 05-28-2012, 09:11 PM

I have been sent a firmware upgrade from LG Australia that is supposed to fix this issue on my 42lm6200. Can't get home for a couple of hours to test but will let everyone know once I have installed the firmware update, fingers crossed.
post #18 of 272 Old 05-29-2012, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintcow View Post

I have been sent a firmware upgrade from LG Australia that is supposed to fix this issue on my 42lm6200. Can't get home for a couple of hours to test but will let everyone know once I have installed the firmware update, fingers crossed.

I can now confirm that the update does enable trumotion. Guess there is a fix coming to everyone after all, I for one was not very hopefull but LG Australia came through with the goods! If you want this firmware just send an email to LG asking them for it. The email address I got it from was; online.team@lg.com.au. You will need to find out your own country specific email though, not sure if they can help you.
post #19 of 272 Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 PM

Quote:

** UPDATE **

Finally received a reply back from LG USA. They claim June for the release date. At least both N.A. branches are agreeing there is a problem. I'm more confident now that we'll actually get these features soon, but not confident on the date anymore. I responded with what LG Canada told me, but no reply *shocking*...

Hope this helps.

Did they mention what part of June for the update? Is it early, mid, late June? I think its ridiculous that the firmware update has not been released yet. Also did they comment about any other fixes going into the firmware build? Some people have complained about the youtube app with audio sync issues.
post #20 of 272 Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarredw View Post

the 60hz isnt gonna change dude, that is just the hz that the TV is receiving. the 120hz smoothing is done by software, so it will only show what the tv is recieving.
post #21 of 272 Old 05-30-2012, 11:45 PM

Someone in another thread (username: xamindar) got a replacement USA 55LM6700 TV from amazon which has the Trumotion firmware preinstalled and posted a youtube video as proof. The US firmware version we need to be looking for 03.20.93.

The latest firmware version without Trumotion on the LM6700 series is 03.20.31 so it makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqtTdGvtS4

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...397173&page=27 <---- Post #809
post #22 of 272 Old 05-31-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post

Someone in another thread (username: xamindar) got a replacement USA 55LM6700 TV from amazon which has the Trumotion firmware preinstalled and posted a youtube video as proof. The US firmware version we need to be looking for 03.20.93.

The latest firmware version without Trumotion on the LM6700 series is 03.20.31 so it makes sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wqtTdGvtS4

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...397173&page=27 <---- Post #809

Interesting......
post #23 of 272 Old 05-31-2012, 11:54 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintcow View Post

I can now confirm that the update does enable trumotion. Guess there is a fix coming to everyone after all, I for one was not very hopefull but LG Australia came through with the goods! If you want this firmware just send an email to LG asking them for it. The email address I got it from was; online.team@lg.com.au. You will need to find out your own country specific email though, not sure if they can help you.

Can you forward the email to drew.vanleeuwen@gmail.com so I can see if it'll work on an American LM6700 ?

Thanks
post #24 of 272 Old 06-01-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Well, May has come and gone. No update. I'm going to see what I can do to bring this issue to the attention of a higher authority at LG and if need be, a consumer rights organization. I'll post with the results. This is a joke... Not a very funny joke.
post #25 of 272 Old 06-01-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:

Well, May has come and gone. No update. I'm going to see what I can do to bring this issue to the attention of a higher authority at LG and if need be, a consumer rights organization. I'll post with the results. This is a joke... Not a very funny joke.

I agree, not funny....
And on the LG website under the 6200 answers page there is a post that says....
From the site/
We appreciate your interest in this operations of this television. An update for the TruMotion settings is scheduled for release during the middle of June. Unfortunately, other than adding access to the feature, we have no indication of additional feature controls at this time./ end quote
..... It sounds like a yes and no updates are scheduled....
In the end just more RUN AROUND.
post #26 of 272 Old 06-07-2012, 05:49 PM

What the hell is taking LG so long!?!??!?!? This is bullsh1t that they haven't released the firmware update when the April and May 2012 models include the latest 03.20.93 firmware. Anyone contacted LG for an update?
post #27 of 272 Old 06-07-2012, 06:01 PM

Is there a way to take a copy of the new firmware and flash it to these tvs if someone who has it sends it out?
post #28 of 272 Old 06-07-2012, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post

What the hell is taking LG so long!?!??!?!? This is bullsh1t that they haven't released the firmware update when the April and May 2012 models include the latest 03.20.93 firmware. Anyone contacted LG for an update?

Wrote them a piece of my mind the other day about it... Here's the reply from LG Electronics Canada - Facebook:

Thank you for following up. I'm so sorry we've disappointed you. We spoke the HE Manager and he's let us know that this firmware update is still happening and should be ready within the next few weeks. Sometimes unexpected delays happen, unfortunately, but this will be available soon.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Emma

This situation is frustrating me too much to continue talking to LG. I'm simply going to stop worrying about it. I've realized I simply made a mistake by inviting this brand into my home. How this could even happen defies all logic. Quality control...?

Anyway, that's the latest from a couple days ago. I'm not looking in to it anymore.

Cheers.
post #29 of 272 Old 06-07-2012, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarredw View Post

Is there a way to take a copy of the new firmware and flash it to these tvs if someone who has it sends it out?

YES! I would like to join that party too! Hopefully there is someone kind enough to do that.

I have been waiting like you guys and have been getting the same replies or what I call "re-lies" on all of my correspondences with LG as well. I just joined this forum today looking for this exact problem. I have an LG 55LM6200 as well and the 3.20.31 firmware like you all have. Glad to see I am in good company with other users getting screwed by LG! First they don't have the MLB.TV app launched and now no TruMotion and I am out of my 30 days with the vendor I bought the TV from . I will NEVER buy LG again even though this is a wonderful TV and I got it for a great price but the whole experience and the lies has turned me off of LG and will be looking at other brands in the future.

Thanks for letting me vent! =)
post #30 of 272 Old 06-08-2012, 02:38 PM

Doesn't 3d need 120hz at minimum? 60hz for each eye. This is false advertisement for 120hz.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 42lm6200 42 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 120 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv With Smart Tv And Six Pairs Of 3d Glasses , 3d Hdtv , Lg 47lm8600 Led Lcd Hdtv , Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page