Upgrading from sony kds60a3000 help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-13-2012, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Think I want to move on from my Sony rear projection kds60a3000 to a LED or plasma tv. The pictures of the 60a3000 is amazing and I want to make sure I'm not moving to a worst picture quality just to get a tv I can hang on the wall. Is like the tv to have a 3d option too and would like it to be a 60". Can you guys suggest a few to me? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-13-2012, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx View Post

Think I want to move on from my Sony rear projection kds60a3000 to a LED or plasma tv. The pictures of the 60a3000 is amazing and I want to make sure I'm not moving to a worst picture quality just to get a tv I can hang on the wall. Is like the tv to have a 3d option too and would like it to be a 60". Can you guys suggest a few to me? Thanks.

Why not get another rear projection? Prices have come down, and you can get a 73" DLP 3DTV for around $1000-1300, or an 82" for less than $2000. DLPs don't suffer from ghosting like LCDs and plasmas, and if you're a gamer, there's no lag.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #3 of 4 Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augerhandle View Post

Why not get another rear projection? Prices have come down, and you can get a 73" DLP 3DTV for around $1000-1300, or an 82" for less than $2000. DLPs don't suffer from ghosting like LCDs and plasmas, and if you're a gamer, there's no lag.

Right now it's space issues , I can use the thin wall hanging LED to help free up floor space in my apartment. I'm just wondering which ones have a comparable picture quality. I know there's gonna be more advantages on the rear projection size , but I might need to try to move past those.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2012, 12:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by joevfx View Post

Right now it's space issues , I can use the thin wall hanging LED to help free up floor space in my apartment. I'm just wondering which ones have a comparable picture quality. I know there's gonna be more advantages on the rear projection size , but I might need to try to move past those.

Please note that a wall hung TV will be farther away, requiring a much larger size for the same viewing pleasure. Also, where are you putting your cable/sat box, AVR, and game console? Usually, they go in a stand below the TV.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page