Samsung PN50C7000 - Black turns to red - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-22-2012, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased my Samsung PN50C7000 3D Plasma TV 2 years ago and have recently had the issue where the deep blacks turn to a burgandy red. It is sporadic, but as of recently it has occurred with increasing frequency.

I do have a receiver hooked up to it and initially thought (hoped) that it was the issue. However, I have had the issue with other direct inputs as well.

Turning off and on the display temporarily fixes the issue. The firmware is the latest update.

I contacted Samsung about this and of course my TV is out of warranty. Unfortunately, to service this issue, it will require an out of warranty repair from a third party repair shop that Samsung sets up. They set me up with an appointment, but I have no pricing information yet.

I am not sure what to expect right now. I will be contacting the service company to get additional information.

I will post back when I have more information on the root cause of the issue and the pricing to have it looked at and fixed.

If anyone has any suggestions of things to try in the meantime that would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM

i have a samsung ln52a650 that is doing the same thing. it only went away once and is now here to stay.

it happened shortly after i had the capacitors replaced as part of the class action settlement for the power supply.

i am going to have to get a repairman also as the picture is getting unbearable.

i am definitely waiting to see what your estimate comes too......
post #3 of 4 Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 PM

Same problem - Samsung Repair service quoted me $300. They said it was a Firmware problem but I can't find any relative references. Anyone have any more info before I schedule the repair?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-25-2013, 09:05 PM

Same problem - Samsung Repair service quoted me $300. They said it was a Firmware problem but I can't find any relative references. Anyone have any more info before I schedule the repair?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung Pn50c7000 50 Inch 1080p 3d Plasma Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page