RF / Bluetooth 3D Glasses compatibility thread. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 65 Old 06-09-2012, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Since I can't find anything like this on the forum, I figured I'd start it.

I already know that the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU and Samsung 4100GB appear to be interchangeable.
I'm curious if Sony, MonsterVision or Optoma work with these or any other brands.

My own interest is because of an imminent purchase of either a Laservue L75-A94, a Panasonic ST50 or both.
I'm considering adding an RF transmitter to the Laservue instead of using the built in IR emitter because then (if it works out that way) the same glasses can be used for either television.

So, anyone has experience interchanging different brands of RF 3d glasses, please report your successes or failures.
Edit:

The List

Interchangable glasses are separated by slashes.

Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU / Samsung SSG-4100GB

Sony TDG-BR750 / Sony TDG-BR250 / Sony TDG-BR100

--
(this space for rent)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 Old 06-11-2012, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Replying to myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnet's Review of the Sony HX850 
Unlike Samsung and Panasonic, Sony's 2012 3D TVs like the HX850 don't support the Full HD 3D standard, so this set is incompatible with other makers' 2012 active glasses that do, such as the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU ($55) and Samsung SSG-4100GB ($20). To watch 3D you'll need to buy Sony's own specs, like the $50 TDG-BR250, which won't work with non-Sony 3D TVs.

So Sony glasses/TVs are on their own and incompatible with everyone else.

--
(this space for rent)
post #3 of 65 Old 06-12-2012, 09:52 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
The Sony glasses you have are not Bluetooth RF they are IR.

This means they cannot be compatiable with any TV that uses Bluetooth only. For that you need glasses marked "Full HD 3D" RF. The RF marking is important for Bluetooth systems.

As for being compatible with another brand of TV that is is IR, this may be a problem. I heard the older Sony glasses are single IR format glasses. However the PS3 Sony glasses are supposed to be "universal" IR glasses - compatible with all IR formats in common use. Sort of like the glasses to be marketed "Full HD 3D" IR. Again IR here is important for IR systems.
post #4 of 65 Old 06-12-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP View Post

The Sony glasses you have are not Bluetooth RF they are IR.
This means they cannot be compatiable with any TV that uses Bluetooth only. For that you need glasses marked "Full HD 3D" RF. The RF marking is important for Bluetooth systems.
As for being compatible with another brand of TV that is is IR, this may be a problem. I heard the older Sony glasses are single IR format glasses. However the PS3 Sony glasses are supposed to be "universal" IR glasses - compatible with all IR formats in common use. Sort of like the glasses to be marketed "Full HD 3D" IR. Again IR here is important for IR systems.

Thanks. In my search, I did not find any reference to them being IR, but Cnet's sentence suggests they are RF, just incompatible.

Any idea if they are interchangeable with Mitsubishi's IR glasses then? And then I have to decide if I'm expanding this to include IR and RF compatibility.

--
(this space for rent)
post #5 of 65 Old 06-12-2012, 03:45 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

From the Sony web site for support (normally a good resource for this type of information)
Instructions for
TDG-BR750
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/TDGBR750_EN_ES_FR.pdf

TDG-BR 250
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/TDG-BR200_BR250_EN_ES_FR.pdf

For the TDG-BR100
http://www.docs.sony.com/release/TDGBR100_EN_ES_FR.pdf

For all three there is no mention of "universal" use. If these were universal then there would be instructions on how to use them with other brands of TVs.

Mitsubishi internal IR emitter uses the Panasonic IR format, not the Sony IR format.

I believe the only Sony 3D glasses that are universal are the PS3 glasses

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2570
post #6 of 65 Old 06-13-2012, 06:57 AM

Liked: 10
Are there any projectors that use the "Full HD 3D" RF glasses on the market today or in the near future?
post #7 of 65 Old 07-04-2012, 07:13 AM

Help me to understand this technology please cause I am really having trouble finding a solution...

In short, I would like to use Samsung SSG-4100GB glasses with my system, and to be honest it is due to the price 19.95 most places. I am hoping to add 3D to this years football experience, and need multiple sets of glasses, but I digress..

I have an Optoma 3D-XL converter hooked up to an ACER H5360 projector. I am using Comcast for the 3D signal.

I purchased the Optoma BC-100 rf emitter and hooked to the back of the 3D-XL with no success in syncing the SSG-4100GB glasses.

Obviously I have no grasp of how this technology works considering my assumption that the Optoma emitter would be the solotion. Is there additional information regarding how to do this, or is it simply proprietary equipment and I need to move on to another solution?

Thanks for any help
post #8 of 65 Old 08-05-2012, 05:30 PM

i to would love to gather some more info on this as the cost of rebuying more glasses everytime i add something to my exsisting set up is getting way to costly

i to was hoping to use the sammy/panny rf 3d glasses on a optoma rf emiiter enabled projector
post #9 of 65 Old 09-17-2012, 06:11 AM

Guess this converter could be used with projectors not supporting Full HD 3D Glasses standard, but it's quite expensive:

http://www.volfoni.com/activhub-tm-pro.html

"CEA 2038 and Full HD 3D Glasses industry standards protocols available Q1 2012."
post #10 of 65 Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

Panasonic, Samsung and Full HD 3D Glasses RF are all Bluetooth RF format.

MonsterVision, Optoma and Bit Cauldron are ZigBee RF format.

The two formats are NOT interchangeable. It is like AM and FM broadcast formats. They are different and not interchangable however you can get radio recievers that have settings (modes) for both formats. You just cannot get 3D glasses that have settings for both Bluetooth and ZigBee.
post #11 of 65 Old 09-18-2012, 10:13 PM

To beat a dead horse and chime in on my recent experience -- Sony's are NOT compatible with the Panasonic or Samsung. They seemed just use their alliance with them them and Expand3D for marketing purposes. They suck!

The Samsung glasses SSG-4100's do work with the Panasonic sets but do have less side/glare protection; but are $50 cheaper!

EDIT: Missed the word 'NOT' above....apologies.
post #12 of 65 Old 09-19-2012, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniwarmth View Post

To beat a dead horse and chime in on my recent experience -- Sony's are compatible with the Panasonic or Samsung.r!

Is that right? I thought Sony was using IR and Panasonic/Samsung RF.

--
(this space for rent)
post #13 of 65 Old 09-19-2012, 10:13 AM
GEP
Advanced Member

I do not know if Sony has started selling RF glasses, however they are a member of the "Full HD 3D Glasses" Initiative. There are two types of standards for those one for IR glasses and one for RF glasses. Yes, if it is important glasses manufacturers can make glasses that are compatible with both - even in the same pair of glasses.

Both Panasonic and Samsung have over the course of the 3D years used both IR and RF systems. The Panasonic IR protocol is different than the Samsung IR protocol, and both are different than the Sony IR protocol, however all three of these protocols are support by the "Full HD 3D Glasses" initiative. Glasses made to this initiative should be compatible with all three protocols.

Sony PS3 3D Glasses are billed as "universal" which most likely means they are compatible with all three of the above PLUS several other IR protocols that have been used by other manufacturers. However, and I can be incorrect, I believe that the Sony IR 3D Glasses, OTHER than the PS3 Glasses, are still one protocol glasses - unless they have introduced new IR glasses.

Since Sony had not introduced RF glasses before joining the "Full HD 3D Glasses" initiative, any RF glasses Sony has since (if any) introduced most likely are the same Bluetooth as Panasonic and Samsung RF (Full HD 3D Glasses RF).
post #14 of 65 Old 11-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Liked: 12
I'm using the Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU RF 3D glasses with my 2012 Mitsubishi WD-82842 DLP TV, which has built-in Full HD 3D Glasses™ RF Compatibility. No problems using the Pani RF glasses at all. I enjoy that I can get up from watching 3D, go into the kitchen grab some snacks an come in to view and my glasses are still in sync.

Don't B Sharp... Don't B Flat... B Natural!
post #15 of 65 Old 11-30-2012, 02:03 PM

I have the exact same TV as OneEyedPony the Mitsubishi WD-82842 and have been using my old DLP Link glasses that I used with my old 60" Mits DLP. The glasses work good, but only if the room is very dark. If I turn on the basement's recessed lighting the DLP signal does not sync to the glasses. I am interested in taking advantage of the new Bluetooth RF "Full HD 3D" technology that my set has to offer, but I am only finding there are two choices as outlined early on in the thread: Samsung SSG-4100GB and Panasonic TY-ER3D4MU.

Since I already have 4 pairs of the DLP link glasses and they do work, is it a good idea to go out and buy one of the choices now, or wait for more choices? If so which model should I go with? Also does anyone know of any upcoming new products that will support the "Full HD 3D" standard and their estimated price points that would help me make the decision?

One final question (maybe not the right thread to ask this), my brother has last year's Mitsubishi model WD-82840 which does not have the Bluetooth RF capability, but it does have an internal IR emitter, anyone know which glasses would work with his internal IR emitter?

Thanks in advance for any recommendations/comments!

-Brian
post #16 of 65 Old 01-03-2013, 10:04 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 274 Post(s)
Liked: 595
For the emitter port,

The Xpand X105BT glasses I have came in a kit(EX105BT) that included the BT emitter and one pair of BT glasses for Mitsubish DLP sets. I have the 82642 set.
The Samsung SSG-4100GB glasses also work fine with the Xpand BT emitter.

I'm looking to try another pair of BT glasses. One that might have larger sides to block out more extraneous stuff.

39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
LED DLP
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme

post #17 of 65 Old 01-18-2013, 05:25 AM

Liked: 15
A word of warning about the SAMSUNG Smart TV 3D Glasses SSG-4100GB classes.

The do work with the Epson 3020. (and I bet on the other RF models)

BUT A) They are not clip on to fit onto your own glasses. (I read that somewhere)

B) Your total SOL if you break or lose a Temple, Samsung has NO REPLACEMENT Temples, no way no how.

C) The above is likely as these DO NOT fold like normal glasses so you either leave them assembled and laying around or risk braking or losing a temple.

D) IF still in warrantee they will replace the whole pair of Glasses, but do not say you lost a part, they consider that customer mishandling.

E) They are a little smaller than the Epson glasses and do not seem to fit over my personal glasses as nice.

Last anyone that has a dead. Or broken pair, …Say Buddy can you spare a temple of a fellow 3D viewer ??

Like if yours go bad and you get a replacement set please mail me the temples?

Rich

post #18 of 65 Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM

The Quantum G5 G7 glasses look a little girly to me...

Like 50s sun glasses..

Rich

post #19 of 65 Old 01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post

The Quantum G5 G7 glasses look a little girly to me...

Like 50s sun glasses..

Rich

I can't help but think that most of us would be more interested in how they work, rather than their style quotient. biggrin.gif

I bought these G5 glasses to work with my Panasonic GT-50, and I've never been able to get them to pair. I do know how it works, I have 2 different Samsung models and the original Panasonic model, and all those pair perfectly. These just won't, no matter how many times I try. Has anybody been successful with them?
post #20 of 65 Old 01-18-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagali View Post

I can't help but think that most of us would be more interested in how they work, rather than their style quotient. biggrin.gif

I bought these G5 glasses to work with my Panasonic GT-50, and I've never been able to get them to pair. I do know how it works, I have 2 different Samsung models and the original Panasonic model, and all those pair perfectly. These just won't, no matter how many times I try. Has anybody been successful with them?

You mostly right...I have tried the Epson's that came with my 3020 and one pair of SAMSUNG Smart TV 3D Glasses SSG-4100GB which caused my post above about how Samsung treated me.

As I wear glasses I am looking for the largest lens and best fit over my own glasses...the Samsung are smaller than the Epson's and so fit worst that the Epson's.

One look at the Quantum G5 G7 glasses I found pictures of told me I don't think I want them.

From the look of them they look like they will not sit down on my glasses, the center is too low...

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Glasses-Bluetooth-Compatible-Quantum/dp/B008K01SSU

Now these look interesting:

Looking at these I think they will fit over glasses better.

The lens also look larger.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-TY-ER3D4MU-Active-Shutter-Eyewear/dp/B007EHI1DK/ref=pd_sim_e_2

Both seem to be in the same price range and both are RF.

post #21 of 65 Old 01-26-2013, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
I just bought a U50 and see on the forum a user having trouble with loss of sync between the TV and the sammy 4100's I want to buy some 3D glasses but don't want to get stuck with something I can't use. Would it be best to just bite the bullet and get the Panny
post #22 of 65 Old 01-27-2013, 01:23 PM

I have a 2010 samsung that takes uses IR and need more glasses and was thinking about the G5 Universal 3D Glasses by Quantum 3D (IR & Bluetooth Compatible) ones. Can't seems to find much info on them. In case one day I can buy another tv with that uses RF, these would work on it also. Little bit of info I've found don't tell much. Any info would be nice. Or a good deal on a IR pair. Have 6 pairs now and need more. It would be great to find something that works on both but don't want to get the G5 if they not any good. These ATC glasses are cheap $30 but can't any info at all. (http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-UA46C7000WF-UA55C7000WF-UA60C6900VFXXZ-UA65C8000XFXXZ/dp/B006LSXGRE/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1359227681&sr=8-13&keywords=optoma+glasses+3d) Any info on NXG Technology NX-3DGR vs Xpand 3D Multibrand IR 3d Glasses.
post #23 of 65 Old 01-28-2013, 09:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hmmm. In several different threads I've mentioned that the G5 glasses wouldn't work for me, and asked if anybody else has been successful with them... I still haven't seen any testimony that they do work, but everybody seem to ignore my statement that they don't work, and plans to buy them anyway. It's enough to give a guy a complex! biggrin.gif
post #24 of 65 Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM

Amazon just lowered the price of the TY-ER3D4MU to $48.43 with free shipping. So not sure it is worth "experimenting" with non genuine Panny glasses.
post #25 of 65 Old 01-30-2013, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by black318is View Post

Amazon just lowered the price of the TY-ER3D4MU to $48.43 with free shipping. So not sure it is worth "experimenting" with non genuine Panny glasses.
Amazon is good. I had ordered the glasses 2 days ago and today they have agreed to refund the credit. I may buy cheapies for my friends but since these glasses have cases for protection and non fixed temples, I am glad I bought the genuine item
post #26 of 65 Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 AM

I am looking for active shutter glasses (IR) that support Dual Play and are compatible to the beamer Epson EH-TW9000W.

E.g. glasses like Philips PTA518 or PTA508. Does anyone know if these glasses are compatible? Any other glasses that could fit? Unfortunately Epson does not offer glasses with that feature.
http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta518_00/pta518_00_pss_eng.pdf

Beamer infos: http://www.epson.de/de/en/viewcon/corporatesite/support/index?gatewayto=ProductHome.aspx%3Flng=en-GB%26amp;data=6qFi6U002F1RL44WmGJFwK2t2aoZwFeas7N6cNPU2ip6UTQU003D%26amp;tc=5

Thanks!
post #27 of 65 Old 02-04-2013, 01:32 PM

Anyone? No idea what glasses with that feature could be compatible?
post #28 of 65 Old 02-08-2013, 08:10 PM

If your TV uses an IR transmitter then look into getting the Sony PS3 3D glasses. They are $20 at Best Buy and have regular 3D and then also Dual Play. Decent glasses and are rechargeable. I bought 2 pair and then realized that I can't use them because my TV (Samsung 55" LED 3D 7 Series) uses a Bluetooth transmitter. **%% On that note, does anyone have any idea how I could maybe hook up a IR attachment or something so that I could sync those glasses to my TV?? Thanks in advance.
post #29 of 65 Old 02-18-2013, 06:59 AM

rolleyes.gif I stupidly bought 2 pairs of Samsung SSG4100GB's on a whim and didn't realise they were BT only - how about setting up a swap for your PS3 glasses?
post #30 of 65 Old 02-21-2013, 11:56 AM

Is there and RF-> IR converter I can use w/ Panasonic?

Thanks.

Cb
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic , Panasonic Viera Ty Er3d4mu Active Shutter 3d Eyewear , Samsung Ssg 4100gb 3d Active Glasses 2012 Model , Mitsubishi L75 A94 Laservue 75 Inch 1080p Projection Tv , Panasonic Viera Tc P65st50 Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page