“Really Big Names in the Game Industry” Getting Involved With $500 DIY 'Oculus Rift' Head Mounted Display Project, Kickstarter Coming Soon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 03:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New and exciting news about the Oculus Rift head mounted display (original thread here). The creator of the project says "some really big names" in the gaming industry are getting involved with his $500 DIY HMD project which is unique because of its affordable price and massive field of view (~90 horizontal, ~110 vertical) compared to other consumer HMDs like the ST1080 and HMZ-T1. A Kickstarter is due in just two weeks to fund the project.

More details on the latest info here: http://roadtovr.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/oculus-rift-units-to-arrive-earlier-than-planned-really-big-names-in-the-game-industry-getting-involved/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-18-2012, 04:49 PM

Liked: 16
Glad to hear this and wish the best to PalmerTech (good guy) from mtbs3d.com forum and creator of the Oculus Rift (i´m not a forum member but long time lurker wink.gif).

Indeed a great news for gamers.

Cheers
post #3 of 3 Old 06-20-2012, 08:22 AM

Liked: 11
This keeps getting better and better. At this rate I may sell my current display, go back to my previous 2D that was working fine and purchase this thing for gaming; assuming it supports 3D well enough.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page