ISSUES WITH 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2012, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone

Totally new on this great forum which I have been reading many of the posts for the last few days.

Well here is my first post and need some advice on 3D viewing.

My equipment list installed and working.

1 Optoma HD8300 3D projector ( Previously running the Optoma HD80 )
2 Anamorphic Lens ( Optoma BX-AL133 )
3 Panasonic DMP-BDT500 Integrated Wi-Fi 3D Blu-ray DVD Player ( Just bought that recently for 2 HDMI out )
4 Yamaha amp with 7.1 speaker setup( older version hence the panasonic for dual hdmi output )

The installation for the above is fine and works great. But my issue I now have is when viewing 3D movies which are made in widescreen. ie Transformers 3D

I cannot seem to control the image as I have black bars top and bottom on 3D and the projector does not let me choose LBX as it normally allows with the 2D movies.

I am no expert on display content and dont understand the 2.35.1 and 2.40.1 display.

Is there a way to get 3D movies on full screen without the extra expense of buying other devices to eliminate the black bars top and bottom?

When reading up on different 3D players I came across a OPPO93 @$ 499.00 which states it is capable of vertical image correction even when using a anamorphic lens. Is that correct and can it do what I want for 3D content. I need someone to confirm this as I can return the Panasonic and buy the OPPO since the Pana is only a few days old.

Greatly appreciate any comments to this and look forward to hearing from the experts out there.

Thanks

Ameer
Orlando Florida USA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-09-2012, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Wow, I just go to the theater. biggrin.gif
post #3 of 6 Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I guess some people are just more tech oriented than others, Bill.

KVJ, I believe it has to do with preserving the pixel to pixel ratio in checkerboard, but you can try your question here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/785017/confused-by-optoma-hd70-letterbox-lbx-setting

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #4 of 6 Old 07-10-2012, 11:10 AM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVJ786 View Post

HiI am no expert on display content and dont understand the 2.35.1 and 2.40.1 display.

If you are referring to a movie's aspect ratio:

2.35, 2.39 or 2.40?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anamorphic_format#2.35.2C_2.39_or_2.40.3F
Quote:
Is there a way to get 3D movies on full screen without the extra expense of buying other devices to eliminate the black bars top and bottom?

AFAIK, no. You can't zoom 3D BD movies to get rid of the bars like you can a 2D BD movie.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-10-2012, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
HI

Thanks Lee

That gives me a better view of widescreen formats. Hope someone comes out with this 3D issues and finds a solution to remove the black bars.

Cheers

Ameer
post #6 of 6 Old 07-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by KVJ786 View Post

HI
Thanks Lee
That gives me a better view of widescreen formats. Hope someone comes out with this 3D issues and finds a solution to remove the black bars.
Cheers
Ameer

Why wouldn't you want to preserve the movie's original aspect ratio? I can understand (sort of) when someone has a small HDTV, but you have a front projection system.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Optoma Hd8300 3d Projector , Optoma Kt4348 3d Ready Dlp Projector , Projectors , Panasonic , Panasonic Dmp Bdt500 Integrated Wi Fi 3d Blu Ray Dvd Player
Gear in this thread - Kt4348 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page