Please help me decide which 3D LED TV to buy for PS3 gaming - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2012, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've decided to purchase between a Samsung UE55ES6100 or a Samsung UE55ES6800 for the sole purpose for gaming on my PS3.

Before I go ahead and make the purchase,

1.) Could you tell me if I'm making the right choice in opting for this type of model to be utilizing it as a gaming TV for my PS3 or should I purchase something else?

2.) Should I opt in getting the ES6800 series or is the ES6100 series enough to display a clear/crisp image as there might not be really much of a difference between one and the other?

Please help me out as I'm in a fix in deciding what to buy.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-18-2012, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus99 View Post

I've decided to purchase between a Samsung UE55ES6100 or a Samsung UE55ES6800 for the sole purpose for gaming on my PS3.

Before I go ahead and make the purchase,

1.) Could you tell me if I'm making the right choice in opting for this type of model to be utilizing it as a gaming TV for my PS3 or should I purchase something else?

2.) Should I opt in getting the ES6800 series or is the ES6100 series enough to display a clear/crisp image as there might not be really much of a difference between one and the other?

Please help me out as I'm in a fix in deciding what to buy.

Thanks.

Any particular reason it has to be an LCD? For no gaming lag, no motion blur, and no 3D ghosting, I would recommend a DLP. You can also get a 73" DLP 3DTV delivered to your door for about $500 less than you'd spend on the 55" ES6100. That's 75% more viewing area for $500 less ($1500 less than the 55" ES6800).

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #3 of 3 Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If you have the money get the better version.

I own the 2011 46C7000 first gen 3D model and its awesome for gaming, the game mode eliminate he lag..

I use SPDIF for audio, so in cases of lag its very easy to notice because the processing is separate and I never experienced any issues with lag...

The 3D is fine and yours should be better since the E series is newer then my C series

Also you will be able to play full 3D PC quality games on your TV without a console, Samsung just signed up with Gaikai, they will be releasing a TV app that will stream video games, so you just need to connect a gamepad to your TV and you will be able to play lots of games in full HD and PC quality.
Well it also depends on your location and internet speed, it worked fine on my 30Mb connection, tested need for speed in a browser window
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page