LG 50PM670T vs. LG 47LM620T - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi, first time poster. I'm moving over to the UK this weekend and am trying to get a TV delivered upon my arrival. I'm comparing the LG 50PM670T vs. LG 47LM620T.

I've never had a 3D TV before and haven't ever had anything larger than 42". I've been looking for a 47" mainly but don't mind going 50" if in price range. I mostly just watch HDTV (American sports and regular TV) and occasionally play a 360. I'm really not after the 3D bit. I don't plan on using Sky 3D but I imagine I'll end up with a 3D blu ray player eventually. I think it's kind of neat to have but don't plan on using the 3D heavily.

I guess it's really an LED vs. Plasma issue. I was planning on buying the LG 47LM620T as it looks sleeker and lighter. However, I'm using a prepaid Visa I was awarded recently and the 47LM620T is slightly out of the price range. Amazon won't allow me to combine other payment methods rendering the prepaid Visa kind of useless in this scenario. That's when I began looking at the 50PM670T as it's in the price range and bigger.

Can anyone make a recommendation here? Am I going to be disappointed in the plasma? I just don't understand the main differences in Plasma vs. LED for viewing purposes. I understand one 3D is active and the other is passive but as I said, I'm not too bothered by this as I don't plan on using it for 3D very often. Will the plasma still be a nice and sharp picture quality like the LED? I like the smart features and DLNA on both.

Thanks for the help, trying to pull the trigger on something tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I would for sure go with the plasma. The led tv's just can't compete with it in picture quality and you'll have the highest resolution possible 3d with active instead of the passive.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg 50 Inch Plasma 50pv450c
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page