Asus VG278 - Flashes Periodically When Turned Off By Windows Power Management - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-13-2012, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Asus VG278 monitor screen flashes on very briefly every few seconds when the screen is turned off or blanked by Windows Power Management or by Gibson Research's Wizmo application. This happens when the power button is turned on and the monitor goes into low-power or stand-by mode. I have it attached directly by a DVI cable to a Gigabyte Z77-D3H motherboard. I am running Windows 7 64-bit. I presume this is due to a bug in the monitor's firmware. I don't know what firmware version the monitor has installed, but I do know the EDID version is: 1 revision 3, and that the monitor has a manufacturing date of 2012, week 15.

Is anyone else having this problem with a VG278? And if so, have you found any solution to this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 04:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hmm, I don't have that problem on mine. I don't know what firmware I have, but it is a launch unit (pre-ordered the sucker as soon as I was able).

My only real issue, and it's relatively minor, is that sometimes the monitor doesn't automatically exit 3D Mode when closing a 3D program (i.e. games).

post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have now determined that the problem is coming from the Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H motherboard. I did this by switching the Asus VG278 monitor to another computer which has an Asrock motherboard. The Asus monitor went into stand-by mode normally while hooked up the Asrock motherboard. I am now betting that the problem is in the Gigabyte motherboard BIOS. I have flashed their latest BIOS and set the BIOS to its default settings, so I guess that the problem won't get resolved until and unless Gigabyte fixes the problem in their BIOS.
Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page