Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-21-2012, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi to all:

I dont know if Im lucky; but I bought this TV "Brand New" from Sears at $1,199. I used to have Samsung Displays (55" C8000 Series, and 51" D550 Series) in which I love so far; but temptation was there so I bought this TV with 18 months payments with NO Interest!.

As soon as I bought it I start reading reviews about this TV and first thing I read was about the "Brightness Fluctuation" Flaw on this TV. Most of the from August 2011 and below. The box of this TV has a shipping date of May 2011; so I can imagine the manufacturer's date was somewhere between April-May 2011.

1. Does ALL this ST30 models manufactured before August 2011 suffer from that brightness fluctuation; or just random?
2. Any idea what is the Contrast Ratio for this TV? Its not specified on the technical specs.
3. I read that the Samsung SSG-3550CR 3D Glasses are compatible with this TV?

I have only one Samsung IR 3D Active Glasses for my C8000 and three Bluetooth 3D Glasses for the D550. Would be nice if that SSG-3550CR works for this TV so I can use it in my C8000 as well. Anyway I bought just one "Universal IR 3D Glasses" that supposed to work on this Panny and C8000 for just $29.00. Now have to see how it performs.

Thanks ind advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
"Brightness Fluctuation" is a plasma trait designed for energy savings
My ST fluctuation was noticeable on hockey ... it was also noticeable on my Samsung plasma.
I called Panasonic and the came over and did a USB flash drive update, this lessened the effect but did not solve the problem
Personally the fluctuation to me was not acceptable ... both plasma were sold

Good luck my friend
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P65st30 65 Inch 1080p 600 Hz 3d Plasma Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page