Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1142 Old 11-21-2012, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancjob View Post

Sony has all the great capability to make a perfect product but the effort is Half-hearted to say the least !
Seems they more interested in making money than to roll out quality product par-se.
They already have the feedback regd. what went wrong with T1 .
They kept 'casing' more or less the same , removed headphones, gearwheel for ipd adjustments and added 3.5mm audio jack - and perked up price by usd$200 over T1.[usd$1000+] surely now they mean money let the innovation go to hell. WTF ?
1)what makes them wary of using better lenses and designing better mounts for comfort after all they do make cameras so optics is definitely their deptt.? They can always partner with eMagin for optics design. Can't they ?
2)Why do not they test prototypes extensively with 3rd party testers/gamers to fine-tune design before final production ?

I really don't get it. The first few times they tested this thing with grid patterns etc to test the screen they should have immediately said " Oh we are getting blurryness at the edges, we need to redesign the optics". I mean if they released a cheap $200 digital camera with these defects, all pictures blurry on the edges, They would be laughed at by reviewers everywhere. It is unacceptable on a device this expensive. I don't know what they are thinking. Worse yet they release the second version with the same major flaw, blurry optics! Their idea of improvement is removing the headphones and charging more money?! Even if they were too dumb to notice the bad optics on the first one, all of the early adopters of the device who pointed it out should have spawned a look into fixing that before releasing another version. To me that is the deal breaker. Padding I can deal with and fix or mod. Bad optics I can't. Worse yet they were close, I could *almost* get it right with allot of fiddling, I would imagine the fix to the lenses would be minor such as oversizing the lense aperatures a little.

The other issue I noticed was the screen was pretty dim even with "picture" pinned at 100%. It just lacked any kind of "pop" which is odd for an OLED screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1142 Old 11-21-2012, 08:15 PM

Liked: 11
I can assure you the picture has pop, sun rises blind you and Charlies golden ticket too xD.
post #453 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 12:18 AM

all IMAX bluray (Deep Sea 3D, Grand Canyon Advanture 3D, Under the sea 3D ) will have 3d effect right at your face.
most convert 2d to 3d by studio are bad and won't see much 3d effect but real native 3d movies will give you depth and better than any 3d tv out there ( Avatar , Resident evil , Prometheus )

with T2 , i don't have blurry edges like i have with T1 anymore, it took me a while to find my sweet spot only for the first time use with right fit then good to go ( i am not sure if it improved over the previous version or just i got good unit of T2 or bad unit of T1 ) . only problem for me is i can only use for 4 to 5 hrs max then i get sore eyes and as bad design of the weight of the heavy front rather than weight balance all over the head then i'll get sore neck and still got red spot on my foehead ( the padding and strap are help but not take all the problems )

so if anyone want to experience it now then i think hmz-t2 is the best product for movie and game at the moment or just wait for better version if no hurry.

ps. another little complaint about UK price ( £999 in UK ) really sony ?
post #454 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 12:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Yep, on the T2 it is so damn much better. I truly loved it.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #455 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 02:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Just got my darbee smile.gif this thing works like a charm the picture on the hmz-t2 is now incredible sharp like a dust layer been viped away from the screen cool.gif
im deeply impressed get this device lads ... im going to get a second and use one darbee pr t2 as this was stunning
post #456 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 05:46 AM

Try using a soft thick sponge ontop of the original pad, really helps me.

Now lets discuss the screen texture issue, seen best on cartoons and animated films.
Is this an inherent organic led problem, optical problem or what?
Also how do I clean the optics without scratching them to death?
post #457 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 06:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Use the small clothes that samsung includes with they 3D glasses fine microfiber ones cool.gif
post #458 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 AM

You'd think for $1k, it would be included rolleyes.gif

Also when not in use im storing it in the cardboard from the packaging.
post #459 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 07:07 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

Use the small clothes that samsung includes with they 3D glasses fine microfiber ones cool.gif

do not have a f**king choice - T2 good or bad is undisputed to say the least.

i plan to get a 27 incher or may be higher for regular 3D movies and this beast T2 [good or bad] for watching adult 3d stuff and playing 3d vision games .smile.gif
post #460 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

and get a darbee cool.gif to make the t2 really shine
post #461 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM

Quote:

i am thinking about to buy a darbee (DARBLET) but its not a cheap device so i need more time to think about it .rolleyes.gif
post #462 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Its better on games than movies but a good investment for shure cool.gif
post #463 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:

well i checked abt this- DARBLET it's a rencoder-decoder of some kind accepting HDMI and outputting hdmi [compliant with 3D]

Since it re-encodes the signal - i do not see how it 'd make the incoming signal better ?

Can't wait to try once i get the t2 working great for me .
post #464 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

It cleans the signal making the picture sharper cool.gif love it
post #465 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 10:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked1541 View Post

I purchased the HMZ-T2 100v set (thanks, blazin3d!) and was concerned with the voltage as well. Even though I read some posts stating that running it on 120v should not be an issue, I was still a bit paranoid about it so I used a step-down transformer. Even though it can supposedly run on 120v, I don't have the equipment or the know-how to test the components myself, especially inside the black box. Plus I'm unsure if running it at 120v would affect the longevity of the unit or if the internal components would be overly stressed because of the extra voltage/heat. I'm not an electrician, but I do know that these units are not cheap in my book and I'm not willing to take the risk of releasing the magic blue smoke. To go from 100v to 220-240v seems to be an even greater risk.
Back in 2001 when I picked up my first pair of "Face-Mounted Displays," the Olympus Eye-Trek FMD-250W from Akihabara, I had the same concerns about voltage. It was spec'd at 100v as well and I wasn't ready to leave Japan until my concerns were addressed. That was when I picked up the step-down transformer and haven't had any worries about it since. The FMD-250W still runs for the most part as it did the day I picked them up, although it is quite an antique in comparison to the HMZ-T2.
So from my perspective, if you have concerns with voltage, invest in an appropriate transformer.
My $0.02US

You have nothing to be afraid of, its MADE to work on 110 up to 240V, the sticker on the back box is region based, they just put it to not get permits for multi voltage device.
It works fine and has no stress, you dont need no step down adapters, you just generate unnecessary heat
post #466 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViruzzX View Post

You have nothing to be afraid of, its MADE to work on 110 up to 240V, the sticker on the back box is region based, they just put it to not get permits for multi voltage device.
It works fine and has no stress, you dont need no step down adapters, you just generate unnecessary heat

That's news for me - i'd heard that US model was universal voltage and now Japanese model too ! smile.gif

ViruzzX - how 'd u be so sure ? do u have the Japanese version working on universal voltage ?
post #467 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:

Just got my darbee smile.gif this thing works like a charm the picture on the hmz-t2 is now incredible sharp like a dust layer been viped away from the screen cool.gif
im deeply impressed get this device lads ... im going to get a second and use one darbee pr t2 as this was stunning

what setting on darbee are you using ? hi def, pop or gaming ? i heard most ppl using hi def mode with around at 40 -60 .
post #468 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 12:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I have, and it works fine.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #469 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

what setting on darbee are you using ? hi def, pop or gaming ? i heard most ppl using hi def mode with around at 40 -60 .
game mode

Use game mode atm as i seems to be slightly sharper than high deff , have it on 60 atm as it seems to be ok on that so far
tested mostly games so far on it. But i am legend the bacgroung seems more clear and will smiths face looks stunning tongue.gif
demo mode on the darbee is a good way to see the diffrence on the source ur running.
post #470 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:

game mode
Use game mode atm as i seems to be slightly sharper than high deff , have it on 60 atm as it seems to be ok on that so far
tested mostly games so far on it. But i am legend the bacgroung seems more clear and will smiths face looks stunning tongue.gif
demo mode on the darbee is a good way to see the diffrence on the source ur running.

Thank you . i might treat myself for xmas .biggrin.gif
post #471 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
I have noticed that the only people who complain, cry, and rant about the hmz are those who only try it or buy it and return it after a day.

The cool thing about the Darblet is that you can use it on your other tv's, monitors and projectors. It is actually a bargain.
post #472 of 1142 Old 11-22-2012, 02:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Try that epic mickey 2 in 3D best 3D game i ever seen eek.gif looks like ur inside a disney cartoon an demo up on xbox live stunning use of 3D

darbee is better than that i exspected was sceptical vs it but then i read more n more user that loved it n pictures of what it did. and finally john here convinced me earlyer with that sharpness comment i knew it was for me smile.gif
post #473 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 03:57 AM

I now have the HMZ-T2 for two weeks and am very happy with it! At first it takes a bit getting used to it,
but after a couple of days I found i can now easily put it on and have edge to edge sharp picture!
I did scrap the "light blocker" and "cable guide" as they are horrible uncomfy. Added bonus of removing them was
that I now have the cable of the headset hooked in the "U" shaped bracket that is supposed the hold the light blocker, secured with a little bit of tape, and it now stays where it is supposed to smile.gif

I have used the headset on my PS3, laptop and Rasberry Pi ($25 credit card size PC). And I love how easy it is to use. Picture quality is way better than I expected (I was cautious in expectation), not only in 3D but also the 2D is very impressive, and I can easily read everything from my laptop and Rasberry when they are outputting 720P. If they do 1080P it becomes a bit fussy if I use it to view desktop (headset needs to scale to 720P of course), but if I have them on 1080P SBS 3D they are picture perfect! smile.gif

Watched lots of movies already, I liked Avatar for its 3D effects, but I don't see it as good demo movie as it isn't sharp in the edges. Hugo and Underworld awakening where much better as it is sharp and in focus throughout.
My current favorite is the Avengers. It's very sharp in picture quality and has some nice 3D effects.
I cannot believe there are people saying the HMZ-T2 doesn't give much light as it is blindingly bright at moments! Could be they are so used to grey black-levels they think it doesn't give much light as it is pitch black when displaying black tongue.gif

Playing games on the PS3 is also lots more fun. Some games are so much more entertaining now they have depth to them. biggrin.gif
post #474 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Sum people give up so easy cool.gif well they loss
post #475 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 AM

Hi,

I am fairly happy with my T2. About the only time I have to watch films are when everyone has gone to bed (yes – I’m “married with children”) and it is quite awesome to have this thing on in bed together with a pair of good closed earphones. I can live with the somewhat uncomfortable “helmet” but I am disturbed that it is not possible to get full focus. I mean – I can see that the nice picture is all there moving the thing around a little but not all at once. Very disturbing!!! Like someone else said – I get the feeling that I am not getting close enough to the lenses. Btw – there was not any lens protection on this thing out of the box were there…? Sometimes I get the feeling that there is…

I have noticed that the picture gets a bit better with some training, but then we get the next problem. I believe that the adjustment that the brain does after a while is that it lets the eye that currently has the best focus “take over”. That is all good and well but – I believe that also takes away part of the 3D effect so the picture looks flatter…

I have to have the lenses at the outermost positions. It is possible that the picture would get better if I could squeeze them out a bit more – I don’t know. As it is now – if I put my left eye’s lens one hack towards the middle I get better clarity on the furthermost right side of the screen – left eye takes over. Clarity decreases more on the left side though to make it worthwhile. Anyone know of an “easy” hack to make the lenses go further out?

Another nice thing that would be very nice is if we had two persons here – one with perfect focus on his T2 and one that has problems with blurriness. Then if they could test each others hmz’s we could rule out any differences in build quality or lenses…
post #476 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 07:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Think its more abt the diffrence in people head shapes, its perhaps impossible to create a hmd thats 100percent perfect for all cool.gif
post #477 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Headsets for the T2 want to try a good pair of wired ones, any good sugestions?

Audio technica 50s keeps popping up with good tests but open for exsperiences?
post #478 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:

Think its more abt the diffrence in people head shapes, its perhaps impossible to create a hmd thats 100percent perfect for all cool.gif

despite low resolution [SVGA-800x600] and shoddy pic Q,low contrast , '2d' monitor only - emagin z800 achieves perfect optics ,, can fit on any head-size/shape - Sony 'd learn from emagin mad.gif

If u guys 'd learn to live with it's limitations - emagin z800 is still the best ! if you can use it as a 2D monitor and adapt to it's shoddy picture Q.

If eMagin starts to use Sony oleds and upgrade the driver board to support latest 3D keeping ergonomics the same - Sony might have to close it's HMD division.
post #479 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 PM

Audio technica 50 are the ones I use. I don't think you can go wrong there. Also I can crank them up pretty much without my wife complaining at night in bed. An other option might be some surround phones. I don't have any experience there though.
post #480 of 1142 Old 11-23-2012, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancjob View Post

That's news for me - i'd heard that US model was universal voltage and now Japanese model too ! smile.gif
ViruzzX - how 'd u be so sure ? do u have the Japanese version working on universal voltage ?

Blazin3D has a number of them, he actually sells them if you need one
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony , 3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page