Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

yes you can read them on here. https://sites.google.com/site/vrsetup/vr-demo i think you can use the battery convert like him for portable
Energizer XP18000
Portable battery pack with multiple output. Used to power Sony HMD Get the willy cable (19v stepdown to 12v) from Energizer XPAL website.
Belkin 50w Inverter
Convert 12v DC to 110v AC to power up Sony HMZ-T1 video processing box.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancjob View Post

you are right !
Right from the time T1 was released - i felt the strap arrangement was CHEAP and Vulnerable and Sony never sorted this out even when launching the T2 sometime back.
if they were to offer extended warranty for a price - then it'd be 'back straps and forehead pad' to be covered as they are the cheapest and most vulnerable part of the hmd design rest of the hardware seems rugged.
i'd check with Sony India if they sold extra 'Straps and foreheadpad , just to keep spare ones handy if they ever broke off.
Why cannot they design like glsstron A55s which seem so neat and good. ?

with the T2 you can't remove both straps and forheadpad . if they break off then send back to replace to sony is the only way
post #543 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 91
To use the hmz-T2 well u really need a tight fit to hold it into place, that puts stress on the rear strap and when it grinds on that plastic is just a matter of time before it snaps
They should uses more like a wide rubbery band like off a ski or cross googles that eould add more comfort and last longer.

Sum minor tweaks less tunnel vision and 1080p sony will have a killer system
post #544 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

To use the hmz-T2 well u really need a tight fit to hold it into place, that puts stress on the rear strap and when it grinds on that plastic is just a matter of time before it snaps
They should uses more like a wide rubbery band like off a ski or cross googles that eould add more comfort and last longer.
Sum minor tweaks less tunnel vision and 1080p sony will have a killer system

one thing u forgot - the unit being front heavy becoz of electronic controls on HMD itself , aside from generic china hmds without control box , name one which has controls onboard HMD - all of them have controls on control box which only leaves the hmd light enough with swivel/ipd adjustments to be taken care of.

example galore - proview xl50 , emagin z800,headplay pcs, cinemizer plus/oled , vuzix - all f them have controls on control box that makes HMD very light with only swivel/IPD adjustments to take care of.

For T3 - sony will have to get back to the drawing board to redesign this afresh!
Quote:

with the T2 you can't remove both straps and forheadpad . if they break off then send back to replace to sony is the only way

Thanks jommy999 for info - i kinda suspected that if anything happened to those CHEAP straps/forehead pad - it will be have to be sent back to Sony for repairs - you only confirmed my belief. - that's why i am reluctant to IMPORT this - T1/T2 .

I need this with full after sales support so in case anything happens i can send it back to Sony for repairs etc.

The only thing further to consider will be - time taken by them to repair it..........mad.gif

coming back to design - SMD for instance has the design which sits on nose bridge which will be trouble whether it's light or heavy ! the same as vuzix/cinemizer etc - BAD design !

Sony is ok with 'hanging design NOT touching the nose bridge' but still requires tweaking as mentioned above.

my suggestion : design it like glasstron A55s / oriscape HMDs

with above design :
1)get all controls on control box
2)preferably 1080p
3)ipd adjustments
4)dioptre adjustment

Voila a killer HMD to have their competitors closing shops - hehehe

i do not have enough personal space / room to dedicate to 3d stuff that i have else i'd have bought this - Asus LCD VG278HE

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Asus-LCD-VG278HE-LED-Backlight-27inch-Wide-2ms-50000000-1-1920x1080-/360493825449?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item53ef1b3da9

And waited for T3 with my suggestions as above incorporated - hehehe! guess my bad luck!

But again do we have a choice besides T2 for a personal 3D viewing system , others do not even come close to say the least
post #545 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 PM

im using 27" Acer HN274Hwhich similar specs and performance close to Asus LCD VG278HE , i'd say that the T2 is killed it for 3D viewing and in general movie too ( i wouldn't say that T2 better in game as Acer or Asus monitors could run game at 120hz which make the game so much more smoother in 2D mode but yes 3D mode then i vote for T2 )

i am now using Acer as my normal use on 120hz and when watching movie 2d/3d or run game in 3D then i switch to T2 ( which its connected to graphic card hdmi out )
post #546 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:

im using 27" Acer HN274Hwhich similar specs and performance close to Asus LCD VG278HE , i'd say that the T2 is killed it for 3D viewing and in general movie too ( i wouldn't say that T2 better in game as Acer or Asus monitors could run game at 120hz which make the game so much more smoother in 2D mode but yes 3D mode then i vote for T2 )
i am now using Acer as my normal use on 120hz and when watching movie 2d/3d or run game in 3D then i switch to T2 ( which its connected to graphic card hdmi out )

well asus is better with nvidia 3D vsion 2 with lightboost than the acer one u have!
Had T2 been optimally designed then 3d 'd have been best using it as HMDs with great fov are really immersive !
Even a 32 inch 3d monitor with 3D capability will be less immersive than sony HMDs that i know but T2 is not yet perfect! mad.gif
post #547 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 07:04 PM

Liked: 11
No product in history is perfect, get over it already.
Try the T2, like it keep it or sell it.
post #548 of 1138 Old 11-29-2012, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

Or fix them yourself like I did on the T1.

From the T1 thread:
Quote:
I got my headset from a forum member on Saturday and finally had some time the last couple nights to mess with it. Unfortunately, I started to rip the lower rubber strap while test fitting the unit to my head. I went to Home Depot last night and found some latex tubing in the plumbing aisle that is very stretchy and pliable so I bought some of that. I tore the rubber strap off and cut a section of tubing to size. I melted a hole in the left support arm and the inner diameter of the tubing allowed me to slip it right over the arm. I secured the left side with a plastic tab I found at work, poked it through the tubing and the hole then melted the tab on the back side. The tubing just slides over the right support arm as the loop on the end of the arm holds the tubing tight. I might secure the tubing with a couple wire ties eventually as well. The tubing is much more comfortable and doesn't pull on your hair.
jommy999 likes this.
post #549 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 AM
Advanced Member

That rear strap on the t1 n t2 is fragile. I dont know but place sumting between the 2 parts to make it last longer like a cloth or tape ?
post #550 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 06:09 AM

guys! one tech query for u all

1) i have the dell inspriron 1525 with 1TB hdd installed and is used for downloading 24x7
this laptop has HDMI v1.2

Now i believe to view 3D mvc files i must have hdmi v1.4a to stream the file to 3d monitor/tv over hdmi - right ?

2) to view 3D SBS files on 3D monitor / TV - can i use the hdmi v1.2 on my laptop to view them on 3D monitor/3d [which supports SBS/Over-and-under formats] ?

3) to view 3D SBS files - can i use the hdmi v1.2 on my laptop to view them on 3D nvidia vision enabled monitor/TV via hdmi ?

guys please advise smile.gif
post #551 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 12:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
If the T2's back straps are so weak, perhaps I can make a replacement.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #552 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 12:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 60
A number of posts deleted and infractions (multiple) issued. If you see a post that violates forum rules, do not attack, resort to name calling etc etc (otherwise common sense), please use the report post button.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #553 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

I miss the hmz perfect blacks frown.gif for sum reason unknown 2 man i bought a 27" samsung monitor Samsung S27B750V ... lets say its returned monday cant use this cool.gif
post #554 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 02:19 PM

vaktmestern i think i'll order the Darbee on Monday , which site you bought it from ? and how much you pay for it ? Thank you biggrin.gif
post #555 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

I love your ingenuity mate, SONY could have used you in production cool.gif
post #556 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

vaktmestern i think i'll order the Darbee on Monday , which site you bought it from ? and how much you pay for it ? Thank you biggrin.gif

used a norwegian net shop called avshop cool.gif you relly will get suprised what this thing does had my on 60 with game mode but thats more taste so try a few movies n games out n adjust the darbee to ur liking.
jommy999 likes this.
post #557 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

used a norwegian net shop called avshop cool.gif you relly will get suprised what this thing does had my on 60 with game mode but thats more taste so try a few movies n games out n adjust the darbee to ur liking.

ok Thank you .i thought you live in the UK that's why i asked as you might know someplace with good deal but seem that UK online sites all are the same price.
post #558 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
This is rather annoying.... when is Sony going to release this in the US?

Robert Clark
post #559 of 1138 Old 11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
For all those who are disappointed that Sony hadn't made all of the improvements that you would want, just be happy that they actually made the T1 and T2 at all. I am actually quite surprised that they are willing to make such a niche market product. I really don't know how much money they are making on this thing but it can't be much. It seems more like an experiment more than anything.

I say enjoy it, mod it and forget about the design flaws. It's not really that hard to make your own head mount. Just read this thread. I sewed mine to a baseball cap, put a counter weight on the back and it's great.
post #560 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 AM

The end result is worth modding for.

Just picked up the 13 disc Pixar BD box set, shame none of them are 3D but at $12 a film I couldn't pass it up.
post #561 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Advanced Member

Modded the T1 but wont take another one apart of its value loss doing it
post #562 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

I tested a T2 in the Sony Store here in Toronto early last month when it first became available and this exact problem is one of the weaknesses I noticed right away as the unit I was looking at had been through some wear by the time i got to it and it had this particular issue.

The existence of the Blazin3D strap was the reason I didnt bother putting too much weight [no pun intended smile.gif] on this weakness when making my decision because to purchase a T2.

However, if you could create a "fix" for the weak strap and either offer it as an add-on or bundle it with your main "kit", that would be awesome. biggrin.gif
post #563 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonf5 View Post

I tested a T2 in the Sony Store here in Toronto early last month when it first became available and this exact problem is one of the weaknesses I noticed right away as the unit I was looking at had been through some wear by the time i got to it and it had this particular issue.
The existence of the Blazin3D strap was the reason I didnt bother putting too much weight [no pun intended smile.gif] on this weakness when making my decision because to purchase a T2.
However, if you could create a "fix" for the weak strap and either offer it as an add-on or bundle it with your main "kit", that would be awesome. biggrin.gif

it help . if it does't i wouldn't order the white limited edition ( which i am using black one at the moment ) to treat my T2 for xmas biggrin.gif , i adjusted my back rubber and plastic straps once ( then about few days after that i wasn't happy and adjusted till it fixed how i like now ) then i have never touch it again anymore (all padding cushion which inside the fabric are help with the weight and rubber or plastic against the head) and i have use only the buttons which allocate on both left and right ( front ) of the unit to fitting unit to my head ,the buttons will move unit loose or tight with my head , having said that all the padding and straps don't take all the pressure off the foehead but really ,it help a lot and i can enjoy my T2 for 3-5 hrs everytime i use and really happy about my purchased , i hope Sony sold enough units rolleyes.gif and make T3 for next year.
post #564 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Im all in for a T3 cool.gif
post #565 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Don't worry. You will end up selling that too.smile.gif
post #566 of 1138 Old 12-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Advanced Member

Of course cool.gif
post #567 of 1138 Old 12-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Hi everyone,

this is my first post, I'm 28 from Sydney, Australia. I've had the HMZ-T2 for about a month now and like many of you, I was initially disapointed by the uncomfort, headaches, flimsy light guard blockers,etc. But I loved the picture quality (when i could get it in focus) I also wear glasses and not wanting to give up I bought Blazin 3D's new comfort pads for T2 and also the pitch black cover and forehead pad combo.

I've only used it briefly, but I gotta say WOW! These things make a huge difference to both comfort and allowing me to very quickly get the picture in focus and stay that way for longer. And the light blocker works much, much better then when I was trying to use black t shirts or what not as this is a lot lighter material and breathable (I should point out I have absolutely no connection to Blazin 3D just love the product)

After making my own pads at first i gave up on them as they were A) too ugly B) too bulky and most importantly C) didn't work very well.

I think the total cost was about $100 and although this seems pricey, I truly do believe these products are worth it. They look great and work fantastically. After some more tweaking, I'm sure I'll get everything to work even better together. P.S I've bought the Trackir5 and have been playing Arma2, so awesome! Combined with the T2, this setup is a VR nerd's wet dream.

Anyway that's all for now, I strongly advise those who like myself were initially disappointed with the T2's flaws consider trying all options before giving up on it.

Cheers,

Martin.
post #568 of 1138 Old 12-03-2012, 01:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
Martin, very glad you got the pads and light blocker fast! And even more happy they work so well for you, thank you for the nice comments smile.gif
It makes my wife and I happy to know how well it has helped others besides myself, we get emails daily saying how happy they are so that's good!

We are working on 2 new products coming very soon, a storage bag which you can store your HMZ inside to keep it free of dust and scratches while not in use. It holds the HMZ perfectly and the front is kinda the same shape as the HMZ itself. Inside is a very soft fabric to protect it and even a little pouch to store the HMZ's wire and it closes using a drawstring.

The next is a light blocker for the T2, we made a new forehead pad for it. If you originally bought the T1 version for your T2 that's alright, we just designed the forehead pad a bit different than before. I'll post photos after I finish work tonight!
jommy999 likes this.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #569 of 1138 Old 12-03-2012, 07:59 PM

Just watched Toy-Story 1 (in 2D) and have to say this is the best experience of watching Toy-Story I've ever had.
Only 12 more Pixar films to go cool.gif
post #570 of 1138 Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The next is a light blocker for the T2, we made a new forehead pad for it. If you originally bought the T1 version for your T2 that's alright, we just designed the forehead pad a bit different than before. I'll post photos after I finish work tonight!

Very keen on this re-design. Pricing and availability?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony , 3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page