Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B009JW8YY4

Those sellers do not ship outside Japan but the relatively small service fee for forwarding HMZ-T2 to Europe should be worth it

http://www.tenso.com/en/guide/fee/index.html

http://www.***************/front/e_good_info.php?code=1093&category=13
DG25 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
I ship to Europe, have already shipped 5 there.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #633 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 01:20 PM

Liked: 10
do you know how much VAT and Duty customers in the UK had to pay ?
post #634 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

I ship to Europe, have already shipped 5 there.
I know, but i prefer buying used (or new, if i get lucky) at prices under 65.000 yen. And i'll wait for the holidays to be over, hoping that some people will sell their gifted HMZs at more reasonable prices. :P
post #635 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 02:12 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post

The contrast should not look average. Something is wrong with settings/ etc. My hmz t1 has far better contrast than my JVC RS40. It is awesome in dark scenes. Crt may have higher contrast but it shouldn't be night and day difference. Do you have a calibration disc or test patterns to set black level, etc?

The contrast isn't bad it just doesn't come close to my old Sony FW900 crt monitor (might be an unfair comparison considering its on of the best crt ever made) but it is a bit better than my led lcd monitor. I guess I was expecting much better contrast in the low blacks so I can really drop the brightness and still see detail in dark games instead of just jet black 0 in all the dark areas. On the HMZ try using the brightness control and lower it and you will see it will turn all lower shades into jet black.
post #636 of 1142 Old 12-16-2012, 11:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG25 View Post

Does anyone knows a Japan shop that ships to Europe and carries HMZ-t2 (at Japanese retail price)? smile.gif

Ebay, competition is strong you can get one for around 950USD postage included
post #637 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 03:51 AM

Hi,

As a reference for prices, the Swedish store webhallen.com dropped their price for T2 from (I belive it was) 9200SEK to 7990SEK. So, the current price is the same as the price for T1 earlier....
post #638 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 AM

Hello all!

Been studying the feedback on this thread for a couple of weeks now, and have decided to take the plunge. Ordered my HMZ-T2 from the sony store. Any tips for a new user, and what Films/Games should I try first? (In your opinion)

- Lewis smile.gif
post #639 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Lewis3D – Welcome to the club then :-). I assume you are mostly interested in 3D...? For films Avatar is always a good start :-). A film that I don't see mentioned very often that I enjoyed much - both for 3D quality and the film itself - is the three musketeers..
post #640 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM

Cheers!

I have Avatar 3D! will have a blast on that first then. will look into the three musketeers.

Was so disappointed with the 3D my Bravia was giving me, and had pretty much given up on 3D. After trying out the HMZ-T2 in the sony store i was pretty amazed, but I was pretty amazed when they showed me the Bravia I purchased. When I got it home the 3D was terrible. Ghosting, cross-talk etc.. Just want to sit back and get some Gran Turismo on the go, with a little bit of Doom BFG after that, without being distracted by drunk-o-vision.

-Lewis
post #641 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Here's my headstrap mod for the HMZ-T2. Completely reversible and it does make it more comfortable as it takes some of the weight off my forehead. I used a strap with velcro tabs. Because it's velcro I can adjust the length easily. Unfortunately I can't get the far right side of the screen in focus no matter what I do even holding it with my hands and pushing it right up against my face. Could probably fix it if the lense adjustment didn't move in 'steps' and you could move it in smaller increments. Oh well still very much usable and more comfortable now.

post #642 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 09:04 PM
AVS Special Member

We been getting numerous emails about our HMZ-T2's we sell. Many asking about warranty:eek
We are now shipping them with a 1 year warranty from Sony, we hold onto the warranty and purchase reciept for you. If you have any problems you must pay for shipping back to us and we will have Sony look at it for you. Then you must pay shipping back to you. We can also get a 5 year warranty from Sony for an extra $100 if wanted. Warranty only covers product defects, not abuse or simply because you don't like it.

We will be outa town for 4 days starting tomorrow so we won't be able to answer emails right away. Please be patient smile.gif

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #643 of 1142 Old 12-17-2012, 10:44 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hello AVS Forum, I got a question about the HMZ-T2.

1.When will the HMZ-T2 hit in stores in the USA? since Sony Canada has the HMZ-T2 for $999 http://store.sony.ca/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=100803&storeId=20153&langId=200&productId=8198552921666503981#features & I want to know if it will come out in the US so I don't need to buy the Canada version.

2. Does the HMZ-T2 has better color & brightness then the HMZ-T1 because I had the HMZ-t1 & didn't like it due of lack of vivid color & low brightness since the Samsung LED HDTV 6420 i own has better color & brightness then the HMZ-T1.

3. Is the 3D still the same as the HMZ-T1 or they tune the color & brightness up a little bit?

4. How the earphones that came with the HMZ-T2?

Selling my Sony HMZ-T3 Japanese Version - PM me if you want to buy :).
post #644 of 1142 Old 12-18-2012, 03:17 AM
AVS Special Member

NOt sure when it comes out in the USA, or if it even will.

It is much improved over the T1 version, seem brighter and better picture to me. Though some may argue over that, I have owned both and the T2 was much better. The 3D seems better also, seems stronger and more crisp. The 24p feature really helps also with motion blur. The headphones that come with it are good, but I highly suggest some good surround sound ones,

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #645 of 1142 Old 12-18-2012, 08:22 PM

hey, this question may seem weird but... would slow walking on a treadmill (around 2mph) be to bumpy for the head to stay in focus ?
i write this now walking on a treadmill desk at 2mph with noticeable head movement.
are these only really made for gaming/movies for around 2hrs max before eye strain ?
im glued to a screen all day at work and not sure if going home to another screen that close to my eyes is any better...
cheers
post #646 of 1142 Old 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonofear View Post

hey, this question may seem weird but... would slow walking on a treadmill (around 2mph) be to bumpy for the head to stay in focus ?
i write this now walking on a treadmill desk at 2mph with noticeable head movement.
are these only really made for gaming/movies for around 2hrs max before eye strain ?
im glued to a screen all day at work and not sure if going home to another screen that close to my eyes is any better...
cheers

1. the unit is easy out of focus therefore even with 2mph . you need to adjust straps very very tight to be able to keep it at the same place. ( your head movement will make the screen itself shaky too, its like you sit in a cinema and when you move you head the whole screen cinema is moving with you too ). i get carsick effect sometimes if i play game and moving my head too much .
2. after 3 hours ,the unit will have a message pop up telling you that you have been using it for 3 hours and you want to keep it on or turn it off ( i am normally using it about 1-5 hrs ) so the eye strain depend on the person i guess .
3. the effect of the screen won't make you feel like you look at the screen 2 inches away from you face. you can move your eyes look left and right or top and down ,it simulate and make you feel like you sit at the back row in the cinema.
post #647 of 1142 Old 12-19-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

NOt sure when it comes out in the USA, or if it even will.
It is much improved over the T1 version, seem brighter and better picture to me. Though some may argue over that, I have owned both and the T2 was much better. The 3D seems better also, seems stronger and more crisp. The 24p feature really helps also with motion blur. The headphones that come with it are good, but I highly suggest some good surround sound ones,

Better 3D, how about pop up? biggrin.gif
post #648 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 04:46 AM

All I can say is, "Oh my God!"

The T2 are more that what I was expecting after reviewing this thread. Films are so much more immersive with these on, but games are where it's at with the HMZ-T2.

I was sat playing Gran Turismo 5 with my GT steering wheel in my racing setup. I must have looked like a complete moron, but I didn't care as I was in gaming nirvana.

That said I'm not 100% satisfied with the T2 yet...

Getting lots of pressure on my forehead, even after following adjustment guides online. Bravia3D I may need to get some Blaze straps, or reshape my head... The latter being considerably harder option.

I do notice pixel grid on gaming, but I would notice terrible pixelation on my 55" Bravia TV as most games only support 720p resolution in 3D mode on the Playstation 3. I would say it is a small niggle that can be forgiven considering how incredible the 3D is on the headset.

-Lewis
post #649 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 AM

Hi all - my first post and hate to bring the bad news !

ma friend imported this from japan got it 2 days back. Got myself a demo . i'd the 3D Sony demo disc of blu-ray from my 'private' sources ! he got a 3d sony bravia 3d 46[Sony BRAVIA KDL46HX750] incher also .Regd. the 3d - the depth is not all that perceivable compared with his bravia - dunno why - may be the demo disc was to be blamed whatever . But i believe 3d looks best on his 46 incher sony bravia than on t2 for the same demo disc.I think it's becoz of HMd itself since there is no reference frame / background to perceive depth from - limitation of HMDs.I spent close to 5hrs alternating between bravia and T2 and arguing with him on this.

My experience :
I have read a lot about t2 on the internet and can safely say 99% is true except for 3d performance which is the limitation as described .

Pros :. The display quality is best i have seen in the HMD - great colors , great contrast - very expensive for 3D - best for private 2d viewing.No pixel grid observed,edge to edge clarity with ipd adjustments - no blurirng at all, entire screen in full focus - great optics.
it worked on the USA voltage here.
very comfortable - no eye strain once properly adjusted !

Cons :
The straps are of very flimsy quality and most vulnerable to breakage.
Those who say that t2 delivers best 3d are either sony employees or the 'Sony' fanatics.

My question - How can the 3d be great when the depth is not subtle since there is no reference frame / background to compare it with.?

His bravia delivered better 3d experience than this T2.T2 is very front heavy and difficult to adjust given those flimsy straps one has to put up with and to add insult to injury the uncomfortable design.poor fellow wanted my opinion i argued with him on this - poor fellow wanted to justify his mistake.
Also it lets light in without shield and it reflects off lenses so better put off lights - i was so saddened that i gave up to try with shield on but for private 2D viewing [viewing in dark] it's the best to date.3D not so great just so so.

It'd not cost more than usd$500 - anything above is rip-off in the name of 3d - subtle marketing by Sony.

lemme see when he 'd sell T2 after knowing what i understood - i may strike a cheap bargain for my 2D needs, who knows . smile.gif

But i must commend Sony to have ventured into the territory where no one dared too [LG,Samsung,google seem to be lonesome onlookers whereas SMD st1080[issues galore] , cinemizer[low fov] - simply pathetic] ] ! Kudos to Sony

suggestions :

1. make the casing better so that it's comfortable [rather make it a helmet like those proview xl50s ]
2.make it 1080p though it does great with 720p
3.get most of the controls on the big box and make the HMD light enough.
4.still despite good optics - tunnel vision - may use larger lenses to reduce tunnel effect.

Hope this helps
post #650 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dtechno View Post

Hi all - my first post and hate to bring the bad news !
So the great news we have been hearing from many people before you, about the exact same product, is now invalid because of your first post !!

Quote:

Regd. the 3d - the depth is not all that perceivable compared with his bravia - dunno why - may be the demo disc was to be blamed whatever.
Uhm, you might want to check with another disc then instead of basing all your judgements on one source.
Why dont you try, lets say, Avatar ?

Quote:

But i believe 3d looks best on his 46 incher sony bravia than on t2 for the same demo disc.
Yes, I am sure it does, but this is how you see it, not everyone else.

Quote:

I think it's becoz of HMd itself since there is no reference frame / background to perceive depth from - limitation of HMDs.
We can all agree that 3D in modern productions is mainly about depth.
According to you, the limitation of HMDs is that they cant display depth yet they are marketed solely for the purpose of 3D and they sell really well ???!!!
I am sorry but this makes no sense.

Quote:

I spent close to 5hrs alternating between bravia and T2 and arguing with him on this.
Why do you have to convince him to see what you do when only you seem to see it ?

Quote:

I have read a lot about t2 on the internet and can safely say 99% is true except for 3d performance which is the limitation as described.
99% of what is written about the device IS about the 3D performance because thats why people buy it so what 99% truth are you referring to ?

Quote:

Those who say that t2 delivers best 3d are either sony employees or the 'Sony' fanatics.
By that logic, the rest of your post pegs you as a Sony-hater which is just as bad.

Quote:

My question - How can the 3d be great when the depth is not subtle since there is no reference frame / background to compare it with.?
A reference frame is required for pop-out [negative parallax], not for depth.

Quote:

poor fellow wanted my opinion i argued with him on this - poor fellow wanted to justify his mistake.
Not a very nice way to talk about your friend, especially behind his back.

Quote:

It'd not cost more than usd$500 - anything above is rip-off in the name of 3d - subtle marketing by Sony.
We can all safely assume you have inside knowledge on how much it costs them to make such a device.
This product is made by the same company that sold a gaming console at a loss for years.
Also, you might want to check the current prices of OLED displays.

Quote:

lemme see when he 'd sell T2 after knowing what i understood - i may strike a cheap bargain for my 2D needs, who knows . smile.gif
Yes, because a lot of people buy an HMZ-T2 for its 2D capabilities.

Quote:

2.make it 1080p though it does great with 720p
At the seating distance and screen-size that the HMD emulates, 720p is more than enough.
I also wish people would stop requesting this as the price-point would put it out of reach of the market its aimed at.
It would also make no sense until the PS4 comes out and is actually capable of 3D in 1080p.
Also, this would not help your issues with its lack of 3D depth.

Quote:

3.get most of the controls on the big box and make the HMD light enough.
And thus make the controls very inconvenient in terms of placement and you would have to fumble around behind or in front of you.
You are the only person who has even hinted at this being an issue.
jommy999 likes this.
post #651 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 159
Perhaps sony should "remove" all controlls from the head unit down 2 the controll box, and have a remote to controll the hmz settings to get the weight down..
1080p would been the best upgrade on the t3 if it will come out at ifa 2013... and try to redesign that rear strap sony cool.gif
post #652 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 AM

The controls could be moved on a little box on the cable, just how the volume control is placed on some headphones. It would be easier to use and will cut down some weight on the head unit. Maybe even the headphone connector could be placed there.

About the small OLED screens, i'm curious if they are the same as the screens used by Sony (and others) for their EVFs, on some of their cameras (like the NEX-6).
post #653 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 07:14 PM

Ok for T2
2D performance :
great panels but still - tunnel vision as someone 'd pointed out.Sony 'd use larger lenses.
Unless one desires to have private cinema experience - the alternatives are LED TVs and Tablet PCs with strong wifi and great battery.

3D performance:

One can easily understand what i mean by reference frame / background when ppl report different simulated screen sizes when viewed in T2 as each has unique way of interpretation as per their brain calculations.
While i was trying T2 - it was hard for me to tell the simulated screen size compares to what and at what distance though i have normal vision without specs.
HMDs simulate what we call - virtual 3D where #screen size @ distance which is vague and open to interpretation differently by different ppl becoz of lack of quantifiable background to draw comparison from within the HMD.

We see 3D all around and are able to interpret exactly but in HMD the story is different as the screens are just a few centimeters away with optics in between to 'dodge' the mind into thinking that it's 'BIG' screen @ distance - a virtual simulation.

So 3D - yes - the 3D is there but not so out-of-screen as i am accustomed to seeing on the my friend's bravia [shutter technology full 1080p resolution without ghosting]

So given the choice between 46' bravia and T2 for 3D - i will prefer bravia and that "the bigger the screen , the better 3D experience" so 55 incher and more - bring it on for 3D!

So what 's t2 then - a Novelty gadget , expensive toy to pass the time relishing watching 'ODD' stuff in privacy - 3D or 2D - oops 3d comes as Bonus.

I too want T2 mostly for 'ODD ' private 2D stuff and 3D [not a priority] but NOT at this horrendous price - hoping to get a used one for say usd$400-500 - may be my friend will oblige someday.

For usual family 2D/3D stuff - the 3D led TVs are better. and that too with shutter technology , passive 3D sucks as it sacrifices resolution for ergonomics and 'cheap' 'maintenance

That's what T2 is all about - a novelty expensive toy for private viewing of 'ODD" 2D stuff and not-so-great 3D comes as a bonus!
Do not Sony say that "Personal 3D viewer' ah! - 3d being the selling gimmick/usp

For guys looking for superb 3D -go for 55' incher or higher with shutter technology and forget T2 as 3D device others like me for 2D 'private' stuff -T2 is 'bang-on' awesome with slight comfort issues and mods are avialable to take care of that!

I think i have said it all. smile.gif
post #654 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 10:31 PM

the T2 clearly beat BraviaTv in 3D in every respects ( no dimming , no crosstalk both movie and gaming and for gaming its bettter any 3Dvision monitos which i have 3 of previous 3dvision monitors and 55" samsung led 3dtv Active shutter so i sure know what i am talking about )

the best source to try maybe start with all Imax stuff ' Deep Sea 3D , Space Station 3D, Wild Ocean,Dinosaurs Alive Imax 3d, Grand Canyon Advanture 3D , under the sea ' you will have 3D effect pop right at your face

the blu ray 3D ( Native 3d) movies: try with Avatar ,Amazing Spiderman 3D ,The Adventures of Tintin 3D , Prometheus 3D or any Native 3d . most 3d movies won't give you much pop as it tend to make you feel like you looking into the window (depth ) deep into screen rather than pop out to your face

Game (PS3): start it with easy one like Super Stardust HD in 3D mode ( small game with great 3D effect )

Game (PC) : the Wicher2 ,Battlefield3,Batman Akrham city or any 3D vision Ready which won't need to adjust or change options

i recently watched Titanic 3D ,The Avengers 3D and Transformer 3 3D <--- these are converted 3d or parts converted ( not native 3d ) but you can try them as they are best 3D converted films i've watched yet.

Edit : when i use any 3D source ,i spend time on my T2 more than my samsung 3dtv ( i use samsung as general Tv , hd chs and dvd but blu-ray , bluray 3d and game on T2 as myown private Imax cinema experience )

Having said that the T2 won't replace my tv anytime soon but T2 is rather than an additional to my daily entertainment ( i am welcome for improvement for T3 if sony will make it but 'I Live now ' rather than wait for something that might or might not happen ) ,

last note,home entertainment can be an expensive hobbie it down to the person to justify their values ( some ppl pay for their video processing unit alone cost over $1000 or professional to calibrated picture of their tv or PJ $500 )
post #655 of 1142 Old 12-20-2012, 10:45 PM

which what i am saying above you need
1. mod to make you comfortable enough and forget about the weight on your forehead and sitting position
2. dark room or light blocker to be the best immersive you possibly can get with T2 ( if some light leak in or you can see ppl around you through the nose area then you loss the simulate of watching in cinema alone and make you feel like you watch the screen through toilet paper tubes )
post #656 of 1142 Old 12-21-2012, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 159
The tube effect is sumting sony could work on perhaps the lenses should be wider? or bigger oled screens? with less need of optics that zooms that muxh?
post #657 of 1142 Old 12-21-2012, 05:28 AM

I love bearers of bad news wink.gif They are always a good laugh trying to tell us the real story.

Here is the short:
For me the optics work but improvements are always welcome.
The 3D here is easily the best in the world at the moment, anything less is a lie.
Ergonomics could be improved, but even without pads I can watch a film with small discomfort.
Yes that is the price, man up and deal with it.
post #658 of 1142 Old 12-21-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

The tube effect is sumting sony could work on perhaps the lenses should be wider? or bigger oled screens? with less need of optics that zooms that muxh?

btw vaktmestern , Thanks for the Darbee info . i bought it and loving it so much . it make T2 look like run on 1080p screen no kidding. biggrin.gif
post #659 of 1142 Old 12-21-2012, 01:01 PM

Hi to all T2 owners! smile.gif

Have any of you noticed that the screens are darker/browner towards the sides of the screen? You can see it best with pure white background..

Edit: I'm just curious if the is a common phenomenon, or if i should get them serviced under the warranty.
post #660 of 1142 Old 12-21-2012, 01:24 PM

mmm i am not sure what does darker/browner you mean tho but i am using T2 now reading and try to typing it here now ( its white blackground on this forum ) i don't notice any darker/browner towards sides of the screen you said. any other owner ?
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony , 3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page