Sony HMZ-T2 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Dedicated Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 1142 Old 02-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
The HMZt1 and t2 do as best as a job on upscaling low res images as you can wish for. I cant imagine how it can do a better job. Ive watched plenty if video formats on it from 1080 blu ray to low res phone videos and they look as good as they can for their resolution.

I have videos on a mini usb media player.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 03:09 AM

Liked: 10
oh yeah? are the colors washed out, and/or is the image blurry like it is on most of the HDTV when they try to upscale content? normally low res content will look pixellated on an hd display, but all the tv's have an c***** upscaling that blurs everything and whashes out the colors, is it the same with Sony HMZ t2?How did you played your videos? because if you did play it on your ps3 for example, it's not he hmz who upscales but the ps3 itself, the same for PC. I was more speaking of low res signal when i meant content, more like 480p signals directly coming through the HMZ box , i have a wii that i'll hook with an hdmi converter (it doesn't do miracles, just as good as component cables, maybe a little loss with analogic -> digital conversion but no noticeable)

Amazon don't ship to other countries, but you can forward the package with Tenso.com.I did it for multiple articles, it works really well. you'll need to pay 30-60$ for the forwarding service, and the total amount will match blazin3d 's so i guess you'd better order it on his siteuntil he won't have any hmz left if you're lazy because it'll be easier
post #813 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 03:54 AM

If you play a very low res video of course it will be more blurry becuase you are stretching it onto a virtual 100in screen. The colours are maintained very well. I would say everything looks better on the HMZ than on other forms of displays. But i would say watching videos is far more relaxing on a TV.
post #814 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

Amazon.jp sadly don't ship international, but I do cool.gif I got 4 in stock left.

The main issue with 'in stock' on your website is that some items you say are 'in stock' are not, and they are backordered by up to a month or more. I ordered the cushion/strap set for the HMZ-T2 from you which said 'in stock' on your website, but I've since been informed the items are not in stock and will take a month or so to get to me.

I do look forward to receiving your solution which was a bit pricey and now will arrive very late. You should update your website to inform customers of the backorder status of some of your products. I will do a review both on the HMZ-T2 and the Blazin cushion/strap solution when I receive it and post pics. I ordered from Blazin on January 29.

I've had the HMZ-T2 for about 10 days now and will post a full review soon.
post #815 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

One more question for the owners: How does it feel to switch between 16:9 to a wider aspect ratio? A lot of movies are in 2.35:1 and on a TV it feels like you lose a ton of screen space. Without the visible black bars or bezel, is it a similar experience on the HMZ-T2?
post #816 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
dpix, sadly my website when setting up products to sell forces me to say "in stock" on a product or it will not show in the product section for sale. I'd love to put backorder but not possible on my websites tools. It's either stock which shows the product, or no stock which won't show it to buy.
I am using a simple webstore designing template. Some thing's I'd like to change I just can't sadly.

This is why I put big red letters informing customers it may take some time.

Yes, they are a bit pricey. We had to raise the price for registered shipping and the dollar is to low so we were actually loosing money for the first few months.

We do have HMZ-T2's in stock and ready to ship.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #817 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:

dpix, sadly my website when setting up products to sell forces me to say "in stock" on a product or it will not show in the product section for sale. I'd love to put backorder but not possible on my websites tools. It's either stock which shows the product, or no stock which won't show it to buy.
I am using a simple webstore designing template. Some thing's I'd like to change I just can't sadly.

This is why I put big red letters informing customers it may take some time.

Yes, they are a bit pricey. We had to raise the price for registered shipping and the dollar is to low so we were actually loosing money for the first few months.

We do have HMZ-T2's in stock and ready to ship.

No worries, thanks for the response. I'm hoping your straps/cushions will make the device a bit more comfortable. I look forward to getting them and giving them a go. Will let you know. Muc thx.
post #818 of 1142 Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM

Ive been playing with both T1 & T2 and i think the sony sales reps are correct. The T1 simulates "720" virtual feet screen. While the T2 simulates a slightly smaller screen, they claim "512ft". That probally explain why some of use users who own both find the T2 easier to get more of the screen in focus and having a slightly smaller FOV its a lot easier on the eyes. But this fact is hard to verify as i found it very difficult to judge if there was really a size difference or it was a placebo.

But i can say with great certainly that the T2 has a much better response time. I dare say it feels almost twice as fast. I compared the units playing super star dust hd with both units set to vivid mode. The T2 has a game mode. But it seems to make no difference. I believe its because even out if game mode the response time is so minimal its impossible to detect the slight improvement of game mode. How do other owners feel?
post #819 of 1142 Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 AM

îf you have troubles with blazin3d site, just use tenso it's really easy, you sing up on tenso.com,they'll give you an adress, you ship your product to this adress on amazon.co.Jp and they'll send you the product with EMS with very secure and 2 - 5 days of delivery speed.Very fast, very secure, very expensive for heavy packages (70 $/2.5 kg for the shipping, ems is one of the fastest/most secure shipping method i think). the product costing 720 $ on amazon.co.jp, plus 70$ of handling fee from tenso and you'll have your hmz few days later for less than 800 bucks ! ^^
post #820 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 06:05 AM

Liked: 17
he all new Blazin 3D Pitch Black is a light blocker for your Sony HMZ T1. It slides over your HMZ and head easily, for a snug comfortable fit and blocks 100% of all light giving you a perfect pitch black movie theater like experience. After wearing this and watching movies, you will be so immersed using the HMZ that you will think your in the IMAX, only no one will bother you with annoying chatter, coughing and sneezing.

It also comes with a thick, soft forehead pad which rest under the HMZ's forhead pad and connects with velcro. Our studies with numerous pads have found this spot is perfect for eliminating pressure the HMZ puts upon your nose. Using this pad will raise the HMZ up off your nose and still give you a good view of the screen.
post #821 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 06:06 AM

Has anyone tried this product..;-)??
post #822 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by capi View Post

Has anyone tried this product..;-)??

No need for one, i just darken my room, close the shutters and its much better.
also wrapping any fabric on top of the HMD will make you sweaty and hot, even without it i get sweaty around the parts it touches my face.
Air conditioner is a must

Also a big NO NO for claustrophobic people, they will die inside

P.S. if you really need a darkener, get a 1 meter black 100% cotton fabric from fabric shops, and just use it like a scarf around the HMD
post #823 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 12:36 PM

Thanks.. What about this :-) It also comes with a thick, soft forehead pad which rest under the HMZ's forhead pad and connects with velcro. Our studies with numerous pads have found this spot is perfect for eliminating pressure the HMZ puts upon your nose. Using this pad will raise the HMZ up off your nose and still give you a good view of the screen.
post #824 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

The pitch black light blocker will help block 100% of all lights and fits much better than a shirt or towel over your head. It also won't fall off and is made of a light weight material that won't cause you to sweat much.

The forehead pad helps take the pressure from off your forehead so you can enjoy using the HMZ.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #825 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonf5 View Post

They are probably waiting to release the device in the US in conjunction with the PS4.

They'd best hurry up. The Oculus Rift development kits will be out in the next couple of months. When the consumer version comes out, considering it will have better hardware and probably be 1/2 the price, I don't see Sony selling many more.
post #826 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Oculus Rift is being made for gamers, a virtual reality device. The Sony HMZ is not for that, it is a movie watching HMD that simulates being in an IMAX theater with 3D. It was not designed for virtual reality like Oculus is, the Rift won't be good to watch movies on as it is for games.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #827 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 03:10 PM

Sony best hurry up and they best stop trying to make the HMZ appeal to the general public, i think its 5 years until the general public will accept this technology. They need to listen up, stop this nonsense of trying to make it look cool. Instead aim it at technology geeks & gamers, make it fit well instead, make it like the oculous, make it like a ski mask.

Its a real shame sony has this amazing/stunning oled screen, and they let it down because their designer is so proud of how they made it look slimmer by using "black and white colour scheme to make a slimline look, er wake up guys, it fits like c@£&. :P and im real surprised they have not been sued for causing migraines! And this is coming from me, and i love the HMZ, after spending 3 weeks making the "almost perfect mod".

If they had made the fit like the oculous, the press and reviews would be raving about the image quality.

The oculous sounds fantastic from hands on experience. While nearly every review slams the HMZ, a high percentage of those who have tried the oculous love it.

I love the HMZ but once the oculous comes out im jumping ship. The oculous may be aimed at gamers. But theres no reason it wont be able to play movies. With the tracking they could simulate an gigantic imax where you can use the motion tracking to track your head as you "look around the huge screen" just like the way you do at the cinema. Its gonna be awesome and i cant wait!
post #828 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

I love the HMZ but once the oculous comes out im jumping ship. The oculous may be aimed at gamers. But theres no reason it wont be able to play movies. With the tracking they could simulate an gigantic imax where you can use the motion tracking to track your head as you "look around the huge screen" just like the way you do at the cinema. Its gonna be awesome and i cant wait!

I don't think the Oculus will be able to display movies, at least as far as I've read. The FOV being one issue, and the fish-eye lens type distortion being another. If you wanted to be able to look around inside a "virtual imax" theater you'd need software that created a 3D space and then overlayed your video content on one of the walls. No hope for being able to just plug it into a blu-ray player.
post #829 of 1142 Old 02-06-2013, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislaire View Post

îf you have troubles with blazin3d site, just use tenso it's really easy, you sing up on tenso.com,they'll give you an adress, you ship your product to this adress on amazon.co.Jp and they'll send you the product with EMS with very secure and 2 - 5 days of delivery speed.Very fast, very secure, very expensive for heavy packages (70 $/2.5 kg for the shipping, ems is one of the fastest/most secure shipping method i think). the product costing 720 $ on amazon.co.jp, plus 70$ of handling fee from tenso and you'll have your hmz few days later for less than 800 bucks ! ^^

Thanks for the tip!
post #830 of 1142 Old 02-07-2013, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibiracer View Post

I don't think the Oculus will be able to display movies, at least as far as I've read. The FOV being one issue, and the fish-eye lens type distortion being another. If you wanted to be able to look around inside a "virtual imax" theater you'd need software that created a 3D space and then overlayed your video content on one of the walls. No hope for being able to just plug it into a blu-ray player.

Exactly, a powerful PC is needed and there 'll be crossover for 3D movies, as Oculus is a single LCD.
Quote:
Oculus FQA
Software
The two main steps for integrating the Oculus Rift are:

(1) Integrate Rift motion tracking with your character’s view camera transformation, enabling looking around the world, and

(2) Implement stereoscopic 3D rendering and optical distortion adjustment that produces the correct left/right eye image on the device.

Our SDK will assist with both of these tasks, providing accelerometer and gyro data, screen size information, as well as pre-made shaders to simplify development and abstract away hardware details.

Sony, just need to redesign the HMZ into a better glasstron type model.
post #831 of 1142 Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBrad View Post

Exactly, a powerful PC is needed and there 'll be crossover for 3D movies, as Oculus is a single LCD.

I don't want to start an Oculus vs Sony thread here, but I think you have some misconceptions. First, Oculus is a single panel, but each eye only sees half the panel at a time, so there will be no crossover.

Second, adjusting for the distortion shouldn't take much horsepower. It's essentially scaling, which isn't that intensive. It sounds like they plan on supplying shaders to handle it, too, which means the GPU would likely handle it.
post #832 of 1142 Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Second, adjusting for the distortion shouldn't take much horsepower. It's essentially scaling, which isn't that intensive. It sounds like they plan on supplying shaders to handle it, too, which means the GPU would likely handle it.

Sure, all of Oculus' technical hurdles could be overcome with some combination of on-board processing and GPU processing, though you'd still need a game engine that could stick HD video into a 3D environment, which probably means you'd need said video content on your harddrive and not just reading off the disc.

But even that best case scenario still limits you to watching movies on a PC (not sure if the PS4 or Xbox 720 will be able to support Oculus in the future, but I don't see why Sony wouldn't just introduce a gaming oriented HMZ-T3 since they've already invested in the technology).

The discussion was whether you could expect the Oculus to act the same way as the HMZ in addition to its VR features, and I don't think you could without also investing in a gaming PC and hoping that an enterprising developer delivers the software to allow for it. Possible, for sure, just not a reality yet.
post #833 of 1142 Old 02-10-2013, 12:48 PM

I'm new, I was interested in rift till I read their faq and it's basically a longs way off and I bet Sony and Samsung will beat them to the punch. I'm going in to the Sony store here in toronto to try on a pair... But I'm not picky at all so I know I'll love it... I'm so confident I already ordered both upgrades from bravias Site lol.
post #834 of 1142 Old 02-10-2013, 12:50 PM

With the money invested in hmz Sony would be stupid not to mod the system and release their own. If I were Sony I would not include rift support in their system
post #835 of 1142 Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope the PS4 has some kinda virtual reality goggles like the Oculus but running at 1080p 60fps.. Would be killer!

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #836 of 1142 Old 02-12-2013, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

I hope the PS4 has some kinda virtual reality goggles like the Oculus but running at 1080p 60fps.. Would be killer!

My guess is they are planning to "release" it in the US in tandem with the PS4, this being the reason the T2 has not been released there yet.
post #837 of 1142 Old 02-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Hi guys !!
I decide to buy hmz t2 and i want to ask few questions
I will buy this item from japan
My question is that product will work with any dvd ,blue ray player or playstation 3 that is using region 2 format ?
If i use any other format is it a problem ?
Except the power supply is anything else i need to know before buying?
post #838 of 1142 Old 02-12-2013, 01:26 PM
AVS Special Member

It will work perfectly and even the power format will be fine.

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

post #839 of 1142 Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM

Our voltage is 220 -240 i will need only a 110 v yes?
What about language format is it a problem to understand how to configure settings?
post #840 of 1142 Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM
AVS Special Member

No, when you cut the HMZ on you can select what language you would like to use smile.gif

3D items I own:

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Fujifilm W3

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony , 3d Hdtv

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page