post #991 of 1138 Old 05-06-2013, 08:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by JockeII View Post

I'm in a bind. Just bought the HMZ-T2 because I've sold my entire home cinema pending a move to Japan. I was happy with the picture except for the bluriness at the edges but my forehead just can't take the weight. It's hard to read a 33 pages thread when I'm so busy atm, any hints of making it better would be awesome. I am considering returning it, but I need to decide rather soon if I want to do that. I didn't actually want to buy it just yet but it was like the last one available in Sweden, they are sold out and doesn't seem like vendors will take in any more.

Is Blazin3D the way to go if you want third part accessories?
Read my DIY velcro strap here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1426822/sony-hmz-t2-personal-3d-viewer-hmd-dedicated-thread/960#post_23269483.
There are many variations of mod...some with the safety hat. Or you can order a properly made strap from Blazin3D.

For some people, to get the sharpest image, the headset will need to rest on the nose. It's really a compromise in comfort. If you feel it really uncomfortable, I suggest you sell it away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1138 Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I am sold literally over 1,000 of my cushion straps. Seems they work pretty well for everyone. I know they work great for me.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #993 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Got my Sony MDR-DS7500 wireless 7.1 headphone system 2 day eek.gif from japan

Charging up the headphone atm n will test it out later this evning.

If it turns out to really good, i will order one more exstra of the headphone as u can use 3 or 4? with the wireless base station.

Jurrasic Park 3DBD has 7.1 surround perfect to test this with
post #994 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Oh my god...eek.gif This beats the **** out of the t2 "suround" God this is crisp and clear sounding so much more detailed sound than before...

Highly recomended this is more like sitting in a cinema in the sweet spot ... dont feel like in having a pair of headphones on at all
post #995 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

With the stock HMZ-T2 earphones, I feel like sounds coming from above or in my brain instead of front sound stage. It feels really weird when watching movie.
post #996 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 10:11 AM

Liked: 11
What headphones did you used before with the T2 surround? The default ones, that came with it?

Also, please test the HDMI switch that the DS7500 has and if the passthrough plays nice with T2's passthrough. For example: console + BD player -> 1 + 2 HDMI in DS7500 -> HDMI out to HDMI in T2 -> HDMI out -> TV. In theory, when the T2 is off, you should be able to use the DS7500 with the TV and one of the inputs, or just the TV with one of the inputs. And when you use the T2 with DS7500, the TV should switch off.
post #997 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Used the Sony XB-1000 with 70mm drivers huge thing really a bass beast

Still got it
post #998 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Managed to get it to run movies now in Dts Master HD huge diffrence vs dolby as i was running early n was happy with biggrin.gif User error tongue.gif

Much more punch n bass now vs dolby ..

Stupid me sat n wached Life of Pi 3D with dolby surround mad.gif

Now it says on the hmz-t2 display usuported sound signalt please check the device output biggrin.gif poor thing Dts Master HD it cant run at all.... (when adjusting its volume)

Finaly found my surround sound that maches the hmz brill picture now... i got a cinema feeling cool.gif
post #999 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

The T-rex roar on jurrasic park is fantastic like sumone standing infront of u screaming .... as loud as they can. Get goose bumps of it and the bass n rumble when he walks is out of this world it shakes my head my head at half the volume on the headphones... my best buy of 2013 this ...

Im irritated i didnt buy this when i first did discover it mad.gif
post #1000 of 1138 Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 PM

Liked: 10
Threw the box already but I believe it was marked at 22k yen. Not sure how that affects how it imports.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
post #1001 of 1138 Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

Read my DIY velcro strap here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1426822/sony-hmz-t2-personal-3d-viewer-hmd-dedicated-thread/960#post_23269483.
There are many variations of mod...some with the safety hat. Or you can order a properly made strap from Blazin3D.

For some people, to get the sharpest image, the headset will need to rest on the nose. It's really a compromise in comfort. If you feel it really uncomfortable, I suggest you sell it away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post

I am sold literally over 1,000 of my cushion straps. Seems they work pretty well for everyone. I know they work great for me.

I've pretty much decided to keep the HMZ-T2, watched an entire movie on it yesterday and it was quite awesome except for the red marks it left in my face. The picture got much sharper in the edges with a heavy tilt downwards against the nose too. I'll be ordering a cushionset from Blazin3D for it. I noticed that the "Pitch Black Light Blocker" has a cushion for the forehead, is this a cushion that is not included in the cushion set?

Also, my processing box for the HMZ-T2 gets HOT. Even hotter than a reciever under heavy load. Are they supposed to be that warm? My AV-rack is quite full with units atm so I put it atop the X360, but I don't think I dare to do that anymore.
post #1002 of 1138 Old 05-09-2013, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I've pretty much decided to keep the HMZ-T2, watched an entire movie on it yesterday and it was quite awesome except for the red marks it left in my face. The picture got much sharper in the edges with a heavy tilt downwards against the nose too. I'll be ordering a cushionset from Blazin3D for it. I noticed that the "Pitch Black Light Blocker" has a cushion for the forehead, is this a cushion that is not included in the cushion set?

Also, my processing box for the HMZ-T2 gets HOT. Even hotter than a reciever under heavy load. Are they supposed to be that warm? My AV-rack is quite full with units atm so I put it atop the X360, but I don't think I dare to do that anymore.
For me, to get the best focus at the center and the sides, the head unit will be resting on my nose a little.

The head unit gets warm & the box gets hot. It's normal...but not as hot as an AVR.
post #1003 of 1138 Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

didn't actually want to buy it just yet but it was like the last one available in Sweden, they are sold out and doesn't seem like vendors will take in any more.
FYI: Sony USA is no longer selling the HMZ-T1 which has been available since October 2011, and they've never offered the HMZ-T2. No new models have been announced that I'm aware of.
Hope HMDs are not discontinued.eek.gif Was hoping for at least a 1080P OLED model but now to have no HMD available for consumers is scary.
post #1004 of 1138 Old 05-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Well hope the do make a T3 thats lighter and 1080p cool.gif Strange the T2 never got sold in the states... I hate and love the T2 smile.gif on sum movies it looks so awful as it shows any inperfection on a bad BD but a quality BD its truly shines.

3D on it its worth one alone smile.gif tested life of pi on the new samsung f8500 plasma ... and notice the active shutters dimmed down the picture and the flicker in a second mad.gif forgot how awful active 3D was
post #1005 of 1138 Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post

FYI: Sony USA is no longer selling the HMZ-T1 which has been available since October 2011, and they've never offered the HMZ-T2. No new models have been announced that I'm aware of. Hope HMDs are not discontinued.eek.gif Was hoping for at least a 1080P OLED model but now to have no HMD available for consumers is scary.

They COULD be waiting for the PS4 release to release the T2 in the US.

Keeping their financial problems over the last year in mind, I wouldnt hold out too much hope for a T3 and, in fact, I would suggest you get your hands on a T2 soon before they stop making them. eek.gif
post #1006 of 1138 Old 05-10-2013, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylinestar View Post

The head unit gets warm & the box gets hot. It's normal...but not as hot as an AVR.

All electronics get hots of course. But the box gets REALLY hot. I almost get burned. It shouldn't do enough heavy processing to actually generate that much heat. Might be because of it's small size and the case acting as a heatsink. Might also be because of it taking care of the multichannel LPCM for virtual surround or something, I saw that there was an option for turning multi-LPCM off. Why would you do that if it didn't cause something negative?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonf5 View Post

Keeping their financial problems over the last year in mind, I wouldnt hold out too much hope for a T3 and, in fact, I would suggest you get your hands on a T2 soon before they stop making them. eek.gif
Exactly my thoughts. I think the engineers at Sony will have to step it down alot and keep to products for the general masses. And that is also why I bought the T2 fast when I saw that there were barely any left to buy.
post #1007 of 1138 Old 05-12-2013, 05:35 AM

When you have the choice, what would be the preferred 3D technology for the HMZ between half-SBS and half-OU?
post #1008 of 1138 Old 05-15-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 28
We still have the Sony HMZ-T2 in stock, offering a 3 year or 5 year warranty. No other company selling international will offer this for you!cool.gif
www.blazin3D.com

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #1009 of 1138 Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM

Selling a brand new HMZ-T2 for 600 UK notes, used once to test. PM me!
post #1010 of 1138 Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Advanced Member

With a good qualty BD (shame there so many poor ones) The hmz-t2 shines cool.gif

love letter box movies on it as on a tv the picture is to small on them .unless you go 70 pluss inces or a pj smile.gif
post #1011 of 1138 Old 05-18-2013, 07:51 AM

Hi All,

Just bought the HMZ-T2 and have to say its fantastic!

I'm using the external slim samsung blu ray player connected to my laptop via USB and then connected the HMZ-T2 to the laptop via HDMI. Its awesome, especially with the included light blocking rubber pads.

I wanted to test 3D with this but i dont have any 3D blu ray disks (nor can my external usb blu ray player play 3D movies) - can someone recommend any 3D videos on youtube or some other website which works on HMZ-T2 in 3D? I tried a couple on youtube but didnt see the 3D effect even after cycling through the various 3D modes.

From a comfort perspective, its very comfortable IF you lie down/or in a 30-45deg head/torso position while lying down. Otherwise i feel its slightly heavy for upright use. The fit is comfortable and i have not used any additional paddings.

You will need to wear corrective glasses as unfortunately there is no optical adjustment in the unit/via software to correct near/far sightedness.

So far, I have watched about 15 hours of blu ray content in a couple of days and there is no discomfort at all, although there is slight eye strain when there is bright picture, Its as though you are in a movie theater with a big screen - but sometimes the light shines at the edges of the 2 eye 'windows' and you almost feel as though you are looking into a theater from an external window! (as opposed to feeling like you are in the middle of the theater itself)

720p seems to be okay although i have no way of comparing to 1080p (in HMZ-T2) so cant say what i am missing.

Have not tried gaming yet.

Included earphones are amazing especially since i like listening to heavy-bass songs on youtube.I pump up the bass to max 10 level and it feels like i am in the middle of a loud concert.Tried external headphones and they sound good as well - although in my case since i dont have expensive over the head headphones, I enjoy the sound quality in the included earphones than my external headphones.

Editing text/excel is very very strenuous (text is slightly blurred) but watching video is not a problem. (i acknowledge that this unit was not meant to act as a second display for text intensive work)

CONS:
* Difficult to clean the glass viewfinders near the edges especially if smudges/fine dust accumulates. A Cleaning cloth is not included..
* If your eyes are very close to the lens, there is condensation buildup on top of the glass viewfinders especially when you have the light blockers installed.
* Image is not sharp near the 4 edges of the screen.
post #1012 of 1138 Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Have now 99percent of the screen clear smile.gif Used sum time adjusting it to fit . I clean the lenses eith samsungs cleaning clothes for they 3D glassses works like a charm.

Couldnt stans the crap included headphones so those was boxed back preety fast tongue.gif

Best way to get the hmz-t2 shine is to use a darbee with it the picture diffrence is staggering
post #1013 of 1138 Old 05-19-2013, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Initially, my HMZ-T2 was hooked up to my PC (via ATI6850 HDMI out). Windows7 will detect it properly. I could setup duplicate or run multi monitor (extended desktop).
After I hooked it to my Dune HD media player, it doesn't work on my PC anymore. The PC doesn't detect the T2.
I plug it back to my Dune...and I got the Dune display on my T2. Plug it back to my PC...no display.

EDIT: I plug/unplug/plug a few times...finally manage to get it work OK. Seems like a flimsy HDMI connection...or maybe weird handshake issue.
post #1014 of 1138 Old 05-20-2013, 06:54 PM

bravia3D ordred strap nearly 1month ago wondering if it has been sent and have not heard anything at all. Sent a email to your Yahoo email address on your site
post #1015 of 1138 Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanXbix View Post

bravia3D ordred strap nearly 1month ago wondering if it has been sent and have not heard anything at all. Sent a email to your Yahoo email address on your site
It is reassuringly posted on the strap page:
Quote:
Availability:
Made on Order - One month possible waiting period.
And an explanation is posted in red:
Quote:
Due to popular demand it may take about 1 month for us to make your pads for you at this time.
post #1016 of 1138 Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Sold my Hmz-t2 cool.gif

If sony will make a T3 with 1080p ill get that this fall but the evolution in HD is so fast now 720p will be like SD when 4K comes
Lill work getting the best out of a T2 but spending the time and effort it really is a great exsperience.
post #1017 of 1138 Old 05-26-2013, 11:51 PM
AVS Special Member

To those using the provided earphones, what's the volume you've set, especially for movies?
I have mine at 15...is it too loud?
post #1018 of 1138 Old 05-29-2013, 07:35 AM

Liked: 11
I have a feeling the PS4 is going to have the same level of success the PS1/2 did. Hopefully this allows SONY to dabble in a T3, it blows my mind that the T2 didn't release in the US, Australia got it and I love it to death.

HMZ-T2 + Tangled <3

Right now I use a sponge for extra forhead comfort and have taped some spare glasses lenses in place.
post #1019 of 1138 Old 05-31-2013, 05:26 AM

I'm selling my HMZ-T2's if anyone's interested. Only used them once to test them out, not my thing really as I already have a 55" 3DTV which sort of floats my boat. Bought them from Bravia 3D in Japan, they'll come with comfy cushion pads, all boxed 'as new'.

Offers by Private Message please, I'll also deduct the cost of postage from your offer!
post #1020 of 1138 Old 06-01-2013, 02:35 AM

Liked: 13
Hello

Ive read through hmz-t1 and t-2 threads and only few of you compared it to a projector(most of you compared it to tv). I have optoma hd33 projector and 120" screen. I sit about 3 meters from the screen. How does the fov or size compare to my setup?

Im sold already on the picture quality, even though i havent seen it yet. But i watch pretty often movies by myself and hmz-t2 seems well suitable for that purpose. My main concern is, i am so used to the big image and it would be pretty important for me that the illusion of the image size would be comparable to my setup.

I know already that the 3d would be better without shutter glasses and the 2d would propably have much higher contrast and colours too. So im pretty much asking how big the image seems like? Im not looking to get a big tv experience(i tried that already), i still could watch movies with a projector, even if i do it by myself. Lastly the isolation the device is giving, thats the main selling point for me. Combined with a big image, that would give a huge advantage for immersion compared to a projector setup.

My friend is selling one, thats why im asking. Unfortanetly he is pretty far away, so i cant test drive it. Im sure a lot of you have hmz and a projector to compare and give me insight on them.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony , 3d Hdtv

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page