WD-60738 Not Displaying a 3D Image - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 92
My TV has suddently stopped displaying a 3D image when in Automatic 3D mode. This only happens when the set is receiving a Full HD 3D signal from a Blu-ray player, and it's happening with every single 3D movie I've tried. The set goes into 3D mode automatically like it's supposed to, complete with the slightly washed-out colors, and the onscreen message flashes prompting you to put on the 3D glasses. But the image onscreen never chan,ges to 3D...it remains a 2D image clearly viewable without the glasses. In fact, the Optoma BG-ZD101's will not even activate when it does this...though DLP-Link is active on the set, the glasses do not sync and one lens remains clear while the other is dark. I've tried switching Blu-ray players, switching HDMI inputs, switching HDMI cables, and even removing the 3D-capable AVR from the equation by connecting the BDP directly to the TV, but it doesn't make a difference. I get the same result, either at the moment the disc loads and begins playing or at some point during playback. I called Mitsubishi and spoke to four different CSRs (one of them even called back the following day to see how I was making out), but they are completely stumped. Even returning the TV to factory settings only provided a temporary solution. The set had been working fine up until now, and I am running the very latest firmware. Has anyone here ever experienced this behavior on their set?
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page