Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
here are my system specs to get that out of the way:
INtel core i-5 2500k
8gb ddr3@1800
auzentech meridian 7.1 soundcard
AMD 6950 2gb
Viewsonic pjd6221 projector @120hz
THX certified desktop speakers but going to use an older Sony reciever ( after some black friday sales to get some klipsch speakers)
I use this rig for gaming and watching blu-rays on my projector. I was using Anydvd HD for hdcp removal so I could use my projector but
the trial period ended and so I am trying to figure out what would be my best solution for doing 3d blu ray viewing. Blu-ray programs wont do 3d
with my projector becsause I dont have an nvidia gpu or that the projector doesnt have hdmi. SO here are my options as far as I can see:

1) I sell my old gpu to offset the costs of an nvidia 670 (might as well go big) and hdcp removal software. A 670 costs about $360 and the hdcp removal is about $60-80
(I would get a 1-year subscription and than later get the lifetime)

2)Sell my projector to offset the costs of getting an optoma gt750e game time projector. It runs for about 700-800

3)Buy an hdcp removal device that supports 3d output. A good one is about 400 but I have seen some as low as about 150-200.

4) viewsonics suggestion to use their 3d scaler box but I think its like optomas in that it only outputs through hdmi, though not a 100% certain

Also which bluray program would you also recommend as wel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-17-2012, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Oh and the other option is to buy a lowerend/older nvidia gpu and place that in my second expansion slot
post #3 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Nobody has anything? Has this been dealt with before and Im just wasting time or does no one have experience in dealing with 3d over vga ? Well I shall try the other forum sections in the mean time, but I could use some help though
post #4 of 4 Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 PM

Liked: 13
if your card supports 120hz VGA, shouldn;t matter if its amd or nvidia

AMD supports 3D, nvidia requires the 200 3d kit, even if you plan on using dlp link glasses. you can software hack to work without the kit tho.

http://www.amd.com/us/Documents/AMD_HD3D_Setup_Guide.pdf

the only real issues are your projector might not be listed in supported hardware. 720p 120hz frame sequential is the same for all and you need to use 720, not the 1024x768 native. the other issue is hdcp which you know how to deal with. i would get an inf that lets you send 720p @120 hz, DL the total media theatre 5 demo and read the boards til you get it working. you have to cofigure your desktop output, TMT5 settings and projector all correctly. it can be tricky knowing which settings to change.

i use a nvidia 550ti with acer h5360 but im getting AMD so i don't have to mess with hacked batch files every time i use 3d.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Projectors , Viewsonic , Blu Ray Movies , Nvidia

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page