1. 3D source device - 3D Blu-ray player, 3D cable Box, 3D satellite receiver, 3D PS3 game consule - etc.
2. 3D material - 3D Blu-ray disc, 3D channel from cable box or satellite receiver, 3D Game
3. 3D glasses - active shutter glasses - not passive glasses like you get at the theater.
- if you get DLP Link glasses, you do not need any emitter, just turn on the DLP Link in the 3D menu of the TV.
- if you choose IR type 3D glasses you also need the IR emitter that matches the glasses. This plugs into a jack on the back of theTV.