Advice on a purchase of a 3D TV + Info of using the TV with a desktop computer to play 3D content - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-04-2012, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, Hello everyone. New to this forum, hopefully I will become an active member.

So finally I am able to buy a new TV for my room. This time I want to buy a 3D TV since it has gotten so cheap, back in 2010 I bought a LCD TV from samsung 46" and it cost me $1000, today you can buy a decent 3D TV for the same price.

The TV mentioned above is in my family room and this TV will be used on my bedroom. The size would be between 40 to 42 inches and 120hz. My budget is around $800 USD. The primary use for this TV will be to play xbox360 and as secondary, watch movies tv shows from the computer.

I don't want a 3DTV that the 3D feature is more like an extra than the real deal.

Here are my options:

1) LG 42LW5300: http://www.amazon.com/LG-42LW5300-42-Inch-LED-LCD-Blu-ray/dp/B005F39LTI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1349364606&sr=8-4&keywords=lg+42+3d+tv

Now this model is a really good deal for the money, they sell it refurbished for $580 and it comes with 4 glasses and a blu-ray 3D player IMO a nice deal however, unless someone here at the forum disproves it, according to some TV reviews website, the quality of the 3D is not good, and that's understandable since this TV was released in 2011 and according to my research it was one of the first passive 3D TV's out there. That is the only aspect that is holding me back from buying this one.

2) LG 42LM6200: http://www.amazon.com/LG-42LM6200-42-Inch-LED-LCD-Glasses/dp/B006ZH0JW6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349361958&sr=8-1&keywords=lg+42+3d

This one right here is the one im pretty confident in buying, it costs $800, it is the 2012 model and this one has excellent reviews, especially in the 3D department, televisioninfo.com says it the best 3D in the business. Is this the best model to get?

3) VIZIO E3D420VX http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-E3D420VX-Class-Theater-Internet/dp/B004U5T2OG/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1349365394&sr=1-3&keywords=vizio

This one sounds good but same case as the first one. Someone please give me advise.

Another thing I wanted to verify, so the plan is to place this TV above my dual monitor set up so I can watch movies and tv/play xbox by my bed since is kinda difficult to watch anything from my 23" monitors from far away. So what are the actual requirements to watch 3D content from a computer, I am running an i7 system with dual nvidia gtx 260 core 216's cards (will upgrade soon to a GTX 680 ^^).
Besides this list what else do I need:
1.4 HDMI Cable
3DTV Play from nvidia
Blu-Ray Drive
Blu-Ray player software with 3D capabilities

Do you need anything else? Because if I can avoid the purchase of a Blu-Ray 3D player and use that money towards the purchase of the 3D Drive for the PC it would be great, and even if I do purchase it I still want to know if a passive 3DTV works with a computer, or at least know what equipment I need to make it compatible.

Thank you so much in advance, hopefully I didn't write too much.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page