help deciding which 3DTV to purchase? Samsung,LG, or any other recommendations? Reply to Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
monsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to purchase a 3DTV for my bedroom going to be used for mostly Blu's/PS3 games/Streaming. I have a max budget of $800 or so. I was looking around at BF ads and found that BestBuy is offering the:

Samsung - 40" Class - LED - 1080p - 120Hz - 3D - HDTV (UN40EH6030FXZA) for $492
Samsung 40" Class LED 1080p 120Hz 3D HDTV UN40EH6030FXZA - Best Buy

I couldn't find too many reviews on it, so I'm a bit iffy. I did view it in person and it looked pretty good, but still would like to hear some advice since I'm new to the 3DTV scene.

I also spotted 2 LG models:
the LG 47LM7600 for $699 (on BF)
Amazon.com: LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600 47-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 240Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses: Electronics

and the other LG model:
LG 42LM6200 for $800.
Amazon.com: LG 42LM6200 42-Inch Cinema 3D 1080p 120Hz LED-LCD HDTV with Smart TV and Six Pairs of 3D Glasses: Electronics

I also found this Panasonic one for $800 from best buy
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+42%26%2334%3B+Class+/+LED+/+1080p+/+120Hz+/+3D+/+HDTV/4840752.p?id=1218541219769&skuId=4840752

Can anyone help me decide between those? I'm also open to any other suggestions you may have. SmartTV functions are not important to me as I have a PS3. Thanks
monsterr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 Old 11-12-2012, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
monsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bump? :\
I also was looking at this Vizio model;
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/vizio-m3d470kd/4505-6482_7-35159744.html
monsterr is offline  
post #3 of 8 Old 11-12-2012, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Jedi2016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,461
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
There's probably threads here already for each and every TV you mention. My suggestion would be to read them. Don't listen to what others have to say as a "recommendation".. research in detail, and read all of what people have to say about them. That's what this forum is for.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Jedi2016 is offline  
post #4 of 8 Old 11-12-2012, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member
 
Adamd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 561
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I'd go with the panasonic ut50 42 inch, will have the best picture for the price. But it is a plasma so if your room has a lot of windows and your watching it in the day time you may wanna go led.
Adamd is offline  
post #5 of 8 Old 11-12-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
monsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

There's probably threads here already for each and every TV you mention. My suggestion would be to read them. Don't listen to what others have to say as a "recommendation".. research in detail, and read all of what people have to say about them. That's what this forum is for.
That's what I have been doing over the past few days there's very little info on the Samsung (active 3d) but from what i am reading about the others; such as the panels and passive vs active 3D that is what I'm leading towards. Just have to figure out if I should go with 46 inch or 40 inch. would 6 inches make a difference with a 3DTV?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamd View Post

I'd go with the panasonic ut50 42 inch, will have the best picture for the price. But it is a plasma so if your room has a lot of windows and your watching it in the day time you may wanna go led.

it seems they stopped making the ut50 40" I can't find it available to purchase anywhere.
monsterr is offline  
post #6 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 AM
Newbie
 
simpleba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi2016 View Post

There's probably threads here already for each and every TV you mention. My suggestion would be to read them. Don't listen to what others have to say as a "recommendation".. research in detail, and read all of what people have to say about them. That's what this forum is for.
Unfortunately there just isnt! frown.gif

I've been feverishly searching the forums over the past week for any info on the UN46EH6030FXZA and only have been able to find tangentially applicable details... Despite the lack of solid info I ordered the set last week and should arrive this afternoon... I'll do my best to post a detailed "first impressions" thread to help others that may be debating this purchase... And please, anyone else with an opinion or solid details concerning this set please sound off!


Thanks!

B
simpleba is offline  
post #7 of 8 Old 11-28-2012, 03:12 AM - Thread Starter
Newbie
 
monsterr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleba View Post

Unfortunately there just isnt! frown.gif
I've been feverishly searching the forums over the past week for any info on the UN46EH6030FXZA and only have been able to find tangentially applicable details... Despite the lack of solid info I ordered the set last week and should arrive this afternoon... I'll do my best to post a detailed "first impressions" thread to help others that may be debating this purchase... And please, anyone else with an opinion or solid details concerning this set please sound off!
Thanks!
B

let me know when you write up your first impressions, very curious. thanks!
monsterr is offline  
post #8 of 8 Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Newbie
 
Dkizl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the un46eh6030fxza as we'll.I am having trouble calibrating it though.would love to hear your recommended calibration settings. I also searched everywhere for any reviews or ratings and didn't have much luck,but it was on sale for $650 so I couldn't pass a 3d tv up that cheap!!would also love to hear 3d settings too if your willing to share!!
Dkizl is offline  
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Samsung 40 Inch Led 3d Hdtv Un40eh6030
Gear in this thread



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off