Forum Jump: 

Old 11-20-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Your intent in creating this rant thread was not to seek help, it's to complain about the TV. And instead of posting it in the 3D Display forum or 3D Technical forum (where all the 3D people are), you posted it in the regular Plasma forum where 95% of us have no interest or knowledge about 3D crap.
You've only had it a few days but the first post you made on this issue was not to inquire why you're seeing what you're seeing, or what could possibly be the problem, or if maybe there is something with your sources or content or even your eyesight that could be causing it, or any other question or plea for help. Instead, you immediately posted a ridiculous scathing over-the-top rant that the TV is crap and that Panasonic should not exist telling people to not buy this TV blah blah blah. Sounds more like someone having an axe to grind then someone who is genuinely seeking help or doing more research.
I'm very unhappy with how my GT50 handles 720p content (it's a completely valid complaint which is shared by many) and i've been vocal about it in more than a few threads, but you don't see me creating a rant thread like you did.
Do you honestly expect people to help and offer ideas or fixes when you're acting like such a raving sourpuss?

Yes, sorry, posted to the wrong area. Moderator...feel free to move it to 3D....sorry about that.

Again, it would be nice if someone had a fix, but I was sure there was not one....again...other reviews and users posting agree, too much cross-talk that is not fixable as the 48hz is still too useless. This was more of a news article/warning/HONEST review for those looking for a 3D set...and perhaps some ranting about CNET and their ****** review. (funny no one commented on how the review talks about a THX setting that doesn't exist for this set...just further showing their lack of credibility.

Again...more of insight into the ****** 3D of the set, than begging you guys for your input.....because as shown...there is no answer...it's just a bad 3D set unless your eyes don't work properly to the point that rapid flashing doesn't give you eye strain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare777 View Post

Interesting on the BB policy, thank you. I may look into that, but again, I would bet you (if possible) ridiculous sums of money that it's not a faulty TV, and is instead, is simply what Panasonic considers acceptable.
This is not because I am special...it's because the technology is crap...period.
I would bet again, the difference between the 3D on this TV vs the GT and VT are non-existent...the panels are at least very nearly the same....there is no special tech in the higher end panels to provide better 3D...and I highly doubt Panasonic baked in crosstalk for the "budget" models for up-sell purposes.
If the PS3 is a poor blu-ray or 3D blu-ray player, please point me to some reference material to back that claim up. I have always been under the impression it was basically the best...and why wouldn't it be???
I have another 3D TV I got last year for $650 (passive) that has MUCH better 3D...yeah it's not as crisp a picture due to the technology, but compared to this crosstalk....it's totally worth it.

I think the root of the problem is that you have unrealistic expectations of what you should be seeing for what you are paying. The ST50 is a sub $1000 budget panel. The PS3 is a seven year old technology that has already been pushed to its limit. Both are outstanding for the value, but how can you realistically expect it to provide an identical 3D experience than a VT50 or say Samsung plasma equivilient with an OPPO player? Majority of cross talk is due to limitations of the tech you are using. The less expensive the tech, the more limitations it will have. Try viewing 3D on a properly ISF calibrated VT50 connected to an OPPO 103 or 105 and you will not find a better 3D image from any TV brand, make or model. If after viewing that and you still think it is garbage.... than you my friend are $#!t out of luck as the only way to get a better 3D image is to own your own IMAX theater.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

I think the root of the problem is that you have unrealistic expectations of what you should be seeing for what you are paying. The ST50 is a sub $1000 budget panel. The PS3 is a seven year old technology that has already been pushed to its limit. Both are outstanding for the value, but how can you realistically expect it to provide an identical 3D experience than a VT50 or say Samsung plasma equivilient with an OPPO player? Majority of cross talk is due to limitations of the tech you are using. The less expensive the tech, the more limitations it will have. Try viewing 3D on a properly ISF calibrated VT50 connected to an OPPO 103 or 105 and you will not find a better 3D image from any TV brand, make or model. If after viewing that and you still think it is garbage.... than you my friend are $#!t out of luck as the only way to get a better 3D image is to own your own IMAX theater.

Perhaps...but then if this is the best available for 1k+, they should leave 3D out and reserve it for the more expensive panels, as this is unacceptable...users accepting this are fools to allow companies such leniency.

And that also means you are agreeing, this is an acceptable 3D image....it's not acceptable at any price when it's unwatchable...which this is. Again, my cheap (less than half the price a year ago) Visio provides a better experience...regardless of tech used.

Calibration is not needed to get an acceptable 3D image. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.

VT50 should provide the same 3D image (at least cross-talk wise) as this ST50. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.

OPPO should not resolve cross-talk when watching 3D, especially compared iwth the PS3... regardless of it's age. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.

Show me a single comparison of the OPPO against a PS3 that shows reduced cross-talk...even minimal differences in cross-talk, and I will go buy one and test it myself the day you post it. If the cross-talk is resolved, I will happily keep my set and gladly edit/update my original post and advertise myself as the fool I would be.

Mod edit

So far, my search on OPPO vs PS3 brings up forums discussing faster load times and better up-scaling of DVD/low-res content...big deal.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10316079-1.html

Something you need to remember, these modern signals are digital (NOT ANALOG), they are either there, or they are not.... the tech isn't going to make a difference as far as displaying the 3D image...it comes down to the TV/glasses...period.

You people need to back up your claims with facts, otherwise, you are wasting everyone's time.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
Quote:

Perhaps...but then if this is the best available for 1k+, they should leave 3D out and reserve it for the more expensive panels, as this is unacceptable...users accepting this are fools to allow companies such leniency.
And that also means you are agreeing, this is an acceptable 3D image....it's not acceptable at any price when it's unwatchable...which this is. Again, my cheap (less than half the price a year ago) Visio provides a better experience...regardless of tech used.
Calibration is not needed to get an acceptable 3D image. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.
VT50 should provide the same 3D image (at least cross-talk wise) as this ST50. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.
OPPO should not resolve cross-talk when watching 3D, especially compared iwth the PS3... regardless of it's age. Otherwise, explain yourself/provide backup articles supporting your claim.
Show me a single comparison of the OPPO against a PS3 that shows reduced cross-talk...even minimal differences in cross-talk, and I will go buy one and test it myself the day you post it. If the cross-talk is resolved, I will happily keep my set and gladly edit/update my original post and advertise myself as the fool I would be.
Otherwise..STFU. smile.gif
So far, my search on OPPO vs PS3 brings up forums discussing faster load times and better up-scaling of DVD/low-res content...big deal.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10316079-1.html
Something you need to remember, these modern signals are digital (NOT ANALOG), they are either there, or they are not.... the tech isn't going to make a difference as far as displaying the 3D image...it comes down to the TV/glasses...period.
You people need to back up your claims with facts, otherwise, you are wasting everyone's time.

Your facts come from an article from three years ago comparing a PS3 (2009 firmware) slim with an OPPO BDP-83. Enough said. You just lost all credibility. Keep telling yourself that your PS3 connected to an ST50 should provide an equal 3D image compared to a $500 OPPO 103 or $1200 OPPO 105 connected to a $3000 VT50 and it might just become true.... because after all, why would anyone be dumb enough to spend $4,200 when they could buy what you have for just $1,200 and have an identical viewing experience only to then attack anyone offering to help solve your issues when you rant and rave as to why your set up is not up to your satisfaction. eek.gif
Old 11-21-2012, 12:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:

Lucky you, I still don't believe you, and that doesn't help me. frown.gif

Have you made an attempt to try a different player and whether you believe me or not does not affect mine or the majority of the members viewing experience most of us are not having issues but we are also using different BR players.
Old 11-21-2012, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Like I said, I would go buy another player if you guys would show me one source that said it made a difference. Also, I would prefer a player that doesn't cost 500-1200...that's stupid. it reads a ****ing disc...it is NOT worth that much money. Also, one locally available as I am sure it will not make a difference, and therefore I will return it and use my PS3.

BUT anyway.........read my first post...I updated it...can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts. lol

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55st50 55 Inch Plasma Tv