Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 36 Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
UPDATE:

Surprise surprise....after some time fiddling and getting no where with anyone else's recommendations (mostly just ridicule about my post...not helpful), I found that setting my TV to "GAME MODE" reduced cross-talk by at least 50% without needing to set the dreaded 48hz mode! Every other picture profile showed pretty much equal cross-talk....but game mode made a major improvement. I even went into each individual setting that I could (that wasn't greyed out) to try to find what was actually making the difference, but nothing did....no matter what, I couldn't get the improvement unless I was in game mode. Now 3D is very acceptable...that combined with the ridiculously awesome 2D experience has made me decide to keep the TV! smile.gif

Hope this helps others, not sure why no one else makes mention of this fix. Especially reviewers....or even Panasonic!

Anyone care to comment on what is happening in game mode to fix the cross-talk issue?

This TV (TC-P55ST50) is ********...they should be sued for advertising this TV as 3D capable.

I have had this TV for two days; it has the most gorgeous picture I have ever seen by far. However today I received a couple pairs of 3D glasses for it so I could finally test that aspect of the TV out......FAIL! TONS of crosstalk....Hugo was unwatchable....Cloudy was MUCH better due to the different type of content, but I could tell, if the crosstalk issue wasn't there, it would be sooo much better.

Let me stop you right there, with your argument "you need to turn on 48hz mode moron, read up" No, ********, that not only doesn't fix the cross talk, it creates the horrible-seizure-inducing-flashing that renders that mode totally USELESS in 2D mode. Seriously, why is it even there!?!?!?

I bought this TV based on all the reviews, and the in-store picture of 2D content, and I was totally satisfied when I was testing it at home, until I tried 3D. The cross talk is so bad, I refuse to use 3D on the TV, I would rather watch the stuff on my $650 passive 3D Visio TV. I am thinking this is the real reason the TV doesn't come with 3D glasses. Because they are ashamed of how poorly implemented it is...or at least they should be.

CNET even stated, the TV had bad cross talk:

"The first chapter of "Hugo" (a movie I plan to use for all 3D testing this year since it has significant depth and lots of interesting camera movement, is live action as opposed to animation, and was shot completely in 3D) has some scenes where crosstalk was quite prominent on the ST50. The ghostly double-image was especially visible on as Hugo's hand as it reached for the mouse (5:01), the tuning pegs on the guitar (7:49) and the face of the dog as it watches the inspector slide by (9:24), for example. The VT30 looked nearly the same in comparison, but the PND7000, the Elite, the UND8000, the HX750, and the Vizio all showed less crosstalk than either Panasonic."

but then updated saying just turn on 48hz and it's fixed:

"Updated June 5, 2012: The above comments were made with the TV on its default 60Hz setting. Since this review was published I've had the chance to test the ST50's 3D picture quality in a different lineup using the 48Hz setting instead. It worked very well to reduce crosstalk, and elevated the ST50 to the same level in this area as a competing Samsung plasma. For more details and comparisons, check out the 3D section of the Panasonic TC-PVT50 series review."

But shortly prior to that info in the review...the editor said this:

"Video processing: Like its 2011 brothers, the TC-PST50 passed our 1080p/24 test on its 60Hz setting. It cadence was smooth and properly filmlike, indistinguishable from the look of the other sets in our lineup that handled 1080p/24 properly. As usual, I found the 48Hz mode flickered too much to be watchable."

OK, so if it's unwatchable, why do you say the 48hz setting worked very well to reduce crosstalk??? Even if it does (which it doesn't) it's still "unwatchable" in your eyes, as it still flickers like it does in 2D mode....so how the **** is this relevant!?!?! I bought this TV largly based on this review...I figured the 48hz mode worked differently in 3D, so maybe that's why he didn't mention it when he was talking about how the crosstalk was fixed...maybe in 3D mode, 48hz mode doesn't flicker...WRONG, it does. Also, you can't even change the TV from 60hz to 48hz when playing a game on the PS3 or streaming SBS content.

Pathetic CNET reviews...and this guy is "senior" editor? UG

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p55st50/4505-6482_7-35118300.html

And finally, from the same review:

"In the default Cinema, Movie, or THX settings"

The ST series doesn't even have a THX mode. This review is full of fail.

Enough about the bad review...point is....what I thought was going to be the best purchase ever, turned out to be a lie....it's going back, and I am now in search of a TV that can do it all....or at the very least, what it's advertised to do. The ST (and therefore, all of the Panasonic Plasma TVs this year really) may have amazing 2D performance, but if you value 3D AT ALL....stay away.

Any suggestions for a replacement? 55" size, dark room, cheap as possible while attaining the same or better 2D performance of the ST50, but with true 3D capability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 PM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Well thank goodness that 95% of us have zero interest in 3D biggrin.gif

What brand and model number are the glasses you bought?

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gallery -
post #3 of 36 Old 11-15-2012, 09:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Glad my experience was not like that running 3D via the Oppo 103 and using the recommended glasses it works great. http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TY-ER3D4MU
post #4 of 36 Old 11-16-2012, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare777 View Post

This TV (TC-P55ST50) is ********...they should be sued for advertising this TV as 3D capable.
I have had this TV for two days; it has the most gorgeous picture I have ever seen by far. However today I received a couple pairs of 3D glasses for it so I could finally test that aspect of the TV out......FAIL! TONS of crosstalk....Hugo was unwatchable....Cloudy was MUCH better due to the different type of content, but I could tell, if the crosstalk issue wasn't there, it would be sooo much better.
Let me stop you right there, with your argument "you need to turn on 48hz mode moron, read up" No, ********, that not only doesn't fix the cross talk, it creates the horrible-seizure-inducing-flashing that renders that mode totally USELESS in 2D mode. Seriously, why is it even there!?!?!?
I bought this TV based on all the reviews, and the in-store picture of 2D content, and I was totally satisfied when I was testing it at home, until I tried 3D. The cross talk is so bad, I refuse to use 3D on the TV, I would rather watch the stuff on my $650 passive 3D Visio TV. I am thinking this is the real reason the TV doesn't come with 3D glasses. Because they are ashamed of how poorly implemented it is...or at least they should be.
CNET even stated, the TV had bad cross talk:
"The first chapter of "Hugo" (a movie I plan to use for all 3D testing this year since it has significant depth and lots of interesting camera movement, is live action as opposed to animation, and was shot completely in 3D) has some scenes where crosstalk was quite prominent on the ST50. The ghostly double-image was especially visible on as Hugo's hand as it reached for the mouse (5:01), the tuning pegs on the guitar (7:49) and the face of the dog as it watches the inspector slide by (9:24), for example. The VT30 looked nearly the same in comparison, but the PND7000, the Elite, the UND8000, the HX750, and the Vizio all showed less crosstalk than either Panasonic."
but then updated saying just turn on 48hz and it's fixed:
"Updated June 5, 2012: The above comments were made with the TV on its default 60Hz setting. Since this review was published I've had the chance to test the ST50's 3D picture quality in a different lineup using the 48Hz setting instead. It worked very well to reduce crosstalk, and elevated the ST50 to the same level in this area as a competing Samsung plasma. For more details and comparisons, check out the 3D section of the Panasonic TC-PVT50 series review."
But shortly prior to that info in the review...the editor said this:
"Video processing: Like its 2011 brothers, the TC-PST50 passed our 1080p/24 test on its 60Hz setting. It cadence was smooth and properly filmlike, indistinguishable from the look of the other sets in our lineup that handled 1080p/24 properly. As usual, I found the 48Hz mode flickered too much to be watchable."

OK, so if it's unwatchable, why do you say the 48hz setting worked very well to reduce crosstalk??? Even if it does (which it doesn't) it's still "unwatchable" in your eyes, as it still flickers like it does in 2D mode....so how the **** is this relevant!?!?! I bought this TV largly based on this review...I figured the 48hz mode worked differently in 3D, so maybe that's why he didn't mention it when he was talking about how the crosstalk was fixed...maybe in 3D mode, 48hz mode doesn't flicker...WRONG, it does. Also, you can't even change the TV from 60hz to 48hz when playing a game on the PS3 or streaming SBS content.
Pathetic CNET reviews...and this guy is "senior" editor? UG
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p55st50/4505-6482_7-35118300.html
And finally, from the same review:
"In the default Cinema, Movie, or THX settings"
The ST series doesn't even have a THX mode. This review is full of fail.
Enough about the bad review...point is....what I thought was going to be the best purchase ever, turned out to be a lie....it's going back, and I am now in search of a TV that can do it all....or at the very least, what it's advertised to do. The ST (and therefore, all of the Panasonic Plasma TVs this year really) may have amazing 2D performance, but if you value 3D AT ALL....stay away.
Any suggestions for a replacement? 55" size, dark room, cheap as possible while attaining the same or better 2D performance of the ST50, but with true 3D capability.

Something is up with your set either your glasses, settings or bluray player, not at all a typical experience.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #5 of 36 Old 11-16-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
3D works great on my ST50. Instead of ranting, try finding the source of the problem first. It is not the tv.

Share your blu-ray player, settings, and 3d glasses model, and maybe more people will take your rant seriously. Knocking people with far more experience and better testing equipment than you just shows ignorance.
post #6 of 36 Old 11-16-2012, 07:07 AM
AVS Special Member

My neighbor said the same thing so I went over and found they were not selecting the 3D button and then their experience was wow it will not auto select 3D and if your player (3D) is sending out to the set without the 3D button enabled then yes the picture looks like ****.
post #7 of 36 Old 11-17-2012, 05:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

3D works great on my ST50. Instead of ranting, try finding the source of the problem first. It is not the tv.
Share your blu-ray player, settings, and 3d glasses model, and maybe more people will take your rant seriously. Knocking people with far more experience and better testing equipment than you just shows ignorance.

Your right that's exactly what it is a rant.

65VT60
55ST60
Sony BDV-F7 3dbluray/soundbar
Calman Enthusiast
Dish Network with Hopper/Super Joey
post #8 of 36 Old 11-17-2012, 06:27 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Right on...I've made the same mistake once to often and after calming down went back, double and tripled checked the settings to find just one off. You have the TV, BR Player and glasses that all need to sync with each other and basically be on the same page. We have the GT30 55" with Panny BR Player using 3 Active glasses from Dimensional Optics and the 3D has been outstanding along with the 2D. I highly recommend Panny TV's.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/3D_Active.aspx?a=Google.Panasonic.2.1&gclid=CNzt-Y7U260CFcac7QodujEdUQ
post #9 of 36 Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 AM

Just watched avatar in 3D w/ TY-ER3D4MU glasses on the 55ST50, it was excellent biggrin.gif
post #10 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Well thank goodness that 95% of us have zero interest in 3D biggrin.gif
What brand and model number are the glasses you bought?

Panasonic VIERA TY-ER3D4MU
post #11 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

Glad my experience was not like that running 3D via the Oppo 103 and using the recommended glasses it works great. http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TY-ER3D4MU

Lucky you, I still don't believe you, and that doesn't help me. frown.gif
post #12 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post

Something is up with your set either your glasses, settings or bluray player, not at all a typical experience.

Both pair of glasses have the same issue, the player is a PS3 with the latest firmware....happens with SBS content, games, and retail blu-rays. The issue is obvious, and clearly (read reviews on the web) I am not the only one seeing this, and it is not an isolated issue.
post #13 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

This is more than a rant.

I found the problem, it's the TV...according to these facts:

It's not the PS3.

I tried multiple types of content.

I tried multiple pairs of "recommended" same brand glasses.

I tried all the TV settings.

Multiple online reviews state the same ghosting issue.

It works PERFECTLY except for the ghosting.

So unless you have some magic fix the rest of the world is keeping secret....Panasonic doesn't deserve to exist.
post #14 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

My neighbor said the same thing so I went over and found they were not selecting the 3D button and then their experience was wow it will not auto select 3D and if your player (3D) is sending out to the set without the 3D button enabled then yes the picture looks like ****.

Your neighbor is a ******...you shouldn't go over there anymore.

The TV picks up the 3D signal automatically just fine, but I tried manually setting it as well.

Seriously tho, how the **** can your neighbor say its ghosting, if it wasn't even in 3D mode? If he can't tell the difference, you should call the people with butterfly nets on him.

PS. Try using punctuation once in a while. lol
post #15 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidz View Post

Just watched avatar in 3D w/ TY-ER3D4MU glasses on the 55ST50, it was excellent biggrin.gif

I would argue that you don't know what excellent is.

But to (hopefully) satisfy you all, I will go to the local BB and ask to try 3D on the VT50...I bet I see the same issue.

Also, if my set is actually faulty (seriously doubtful, but then again 2 years ago my Samsung Plasma was faulty....which just makes me think into the hype that Plasma tech sucks) please point me to some online statements where users bitched about horrible ghosting, and a replacement set resolved it.

I don't want to return the TV for nothing...I have to barrow my brothers SUV each time..and this was the only BB in the area to have one in stock, and it was the last one.
post #16 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

post #17 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 147
Let's just say that out of the hundreds of ST50 owners here at AVS (as well as other forums I visit), there are few complaints about 3D. Something must be wrong.
post #18 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 42
First off, BB policy dictates that even if you transported the set yourself, if it is faulty, they will pick up and deliver a replacement for FREE.

Second, some people are just not able to process the left and right images correctly and can't view 3d. My wife has trouble vewing scenes where the cameras are really separated such as IMAX films and she will see double images regardless even in the movie theater. I have an inoperable brain cyst that ocasionally causes double vision yet can view 3d fine. Go figure.

Thirdly, if I am not mistaken, the st line is a step down from the gt and vt. Being a budget model, you can't expect the same performance as those two especially when using a ps3 compared to say an Oppo for 3d performance. I doubt an equivalent budget model of another brand will provide a stunning 3d image that is on par with the gt to vt line either.

Also... People who are more sensitive to crosstalk more than others often fare better with passive 3d. You may want to check out one of those to see if the 3d is better for you.

I personally have rarely witnessed any crosstalk on any of the 50+ 3d blus using my 65vt50 and Oppo 103. Original Pirahna 3d intro is only one that comes to mind. Even other notorious crosstalk offenders on older setups like my bloody valentine 3d has virtually no crosstalk on the vt50 Oppo 103 setup. However, 3d on sources such as Comcast on demand exhibit tons of crosstalk for me.... But that is also only 540i as the 1080i signal is split for 3d and can not be compared to full 1080p 3d source material.
post #19 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 147
3D on the ST50 is no different than the other models.
knightmare777 likes this.
post #20 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 PM
AVS Special Member

So far Spider Man and Avatar have looked outstanding on mine.
post #21 of 36 Old 11-19-2012, 11:41 PM

I am not the only one seeing this, and it is not an isolated issue.a116.jpg
post #22 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I do not see anywhere near the amount of flicker using 48hz 3d that I do using 48hz in 2d. Knightmare777, do you see flicker in 48hz 3d exactly as it is in 2d? You seem to be misinterpreting the cnet review with regard to that. I consider myself very particular when it comes to tv picture quality, and the only crosstalk I see on my 65" gt50 is during the opening title graphic of despicable me 3d. I have a dozen or so 3d movies and they all look great. I am not saying you are not seeing crosstalk, because maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others, but some of your responses to other posts make me think you are only here to cause a stir. I think you should just return your set and be done with it. It seems like you are just trying to get people to agree with you that all of these reviewers giving glowing reviews are wrong, and that plasma is all "hype"....btw, I believe (someone who knows for sure is welcome to correct me) the reason why you can't play games in 48hz is because most (probably all) games are either in 30fps or 60fps. Only 24fps sources can be played using 48hz. This is not a panasonic issue, nor is it "pathetic" as you so eloquently put it. It is because its not technically possible. Its like the blocks my 2 year old has. You can't put the triangle through the square hole. Maybe you need a passive set? Did you turn the glasses on? lol. Maybe the bluetooth glasses are not synching correctly? Or maybe you are right..maybe panasonic does not deserve to exist? rolleyes.gif You are going to be pissed when you get your wish and the only tvs that can be had in 5 yrs are a vizio,a samsung or an lg. I would go to the lcd forum and tell them your story, they will likely agree with you and you will feel better knowing you were right and that plasmas are all hype.
post #23 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 06:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmay91472 View Post

First off, BB policy dictates that even if you transported the set yourself, if it is faulty, they will pick up and deliver a replacement for FREE.
Second, some people are just not able to process the left and right images correctly and can't view 3d. My wife has trouble vewing scenes where the cameras are really separated such as IMAX films and she will see double images regardless even in the movie theater. I have an inoperable brain cyst that ocasionally causes double vision yet can view 3d fine. Go figure.
Thirdly, if I am not mistaken, the st line is a step down from the gt and vt. Being a budget model, you can't expect the same performance as those two especially when using a ps3 compared to say an Oppo for 3d performance. I doubt an equivalent budget model of another brand will provide a stunning 3d image that is on par with the gt to vt line either.
Also... People who are more sensitive to crosstalk more than others often fare better with passive 3d. You may want to check out one of those to see if the 3d is better for you.
I personally have rarely witnessed any crosstalk on any of the 50+ 3d blus using my 65vt50 and Oppo 103. Original Pirahna 3d intro is only one that comes to mind. Even other notorious crosstalk offenders on older setups like my bloody valentine 3d has virtually no crosstalk on the vt50 Oppo 103 setup. However, 3d on sources such as Comcast on demand exhibit tons of crosstalk for me.... But that is also only 540i as the 1080i signal is split for 3d and can not be compared to full 1080p 3d source material.

Interesting on the BB policy, thank you. I may look into that, but again, I would bet you (if possible) ridiculous sums of money that it's not a faulty TV, and is instead, is simply what Panasonic considers acceptable.

This is not because I am special...it's because the technology is crap...period.

I would bet again, the difference between the 3D on this TV vs the GT and VT are non-existent...the panels are at least very nearly the same....there is no special tech in the higher end panels to provide better 3D...and I highly doubt Panasonic baked in crosstalk for the "budget" models for up-sell purposes.

If the PS3 is a poor blu-ray or 3D blu-ray player, please point me to some reference material to back that claim up. I have always been under the impression it was basically the best...and why wouldn't it be???

I have another 3D TV I got last year for $650 (passive) that has MUCH better 3D...yeah it's not as crisp a picture due to the technology, but compared to this crosstalk....it's totally worth it.
post #24 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Your experience with the 3D on this TV isn't typical. Since you're so unhappy with it then why do you still have it? Why not just return the TV instead of ranting and complaining about it??

Randy
TC-P55ST60, TC-P50GT50, TC-P46G10, TH-42PZ700U, TH-42PX50U, HP LC2600N, TiVo Series3, TWC Cisco 8742HDC DVR, Onkyo TX-SR333, URC R40 Remote.

Gallery -
post #25 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsdsmith View Post

I do not see anywhere near the amount of flicker using 48hz 3d that I do using 48hz in 2d. Knightmare777, do you see flicker in 48hz 3d exactly as it is in 2d? You seem to be misinterpreting the cnet review with regard to that. I consider myself very particular when it comes to tv picture quality, and the only crosstalk I see on my 65" gt50 is during the opening title graphic of despicable me 3d. I have a dozen or so 3d movies and they all look great. I am not saying you are not seeing crosstalk, because maybe some people are more sensitive to it than others, but some of your responses to other posts make me think you are only here to cause a stir. I think you should just return your set and be done with it. It seems like you are just trying to get people to agree with you that all of these reviewers giving glowing reviews are wrong, and that plasma is all "hype"....btw, I believe (someone who knows for sure is welcome to correct me) the reason why you can't play games in 48hz is because most (probably all) games are either in 30fps or 60fps. Only 24fps sources can be played using 48hz. This is not a panasonic issue, nor is it "pathetic" as you so eloquently put it. It is because its not technically possible. Its like the blocks my 2 year old has. You can't put the triangle through the square hole. Maybe you need a passive set? Did you turn the glasses on? lol. Maybe the bluetooth glasses are not synching correctly? Or maybe you are right..maybe panasonic does not deserve to exist? rolleyes.gif You are going to be pissed when you get your wish and the only tvs that can be had in 5 yrs are a vizio,a samsung or an lg. I would go to the lcd forum and tell them your story, they will likely agree with you and you will feel better knowing you were right and that plasmas are all hype.

After some more time with the set testing 3D....I do see "reduced" cross talk with 48hz, and yes, the flickering is less on 48hz in 3D than 2D....but it is still there, and it gives me a massive headache...major eye strain...as soon as I set it back to 60hz, it's comfortable again, but then the cross-talk is there. Just can't win.

What is the title of this thread? Exactly...I posted this to INFORM future buyers that they will not be getting the 3D experience they deserve when dropping $1500+ on a new TV. So if they are interested in 3D, they should shop elsewhere.

As my post states..the TV is gorgeous with 2D...so if that is all you are interested in...this is a great set. (but still a product of false advertising)

And yes, I will either keep the set for 2D only (doubtful) or return it for something else...just need to figure out which set out there has nearly the same 2D performance, with acceptable 3D performance, for roughly the same price.

"btw, I believe (someone who knows for sure is welcome to correct me) the reason why you can't play games in 48hz is because most (probably all) games are either in 30fps or 60fps. Only 24fps sources can be played using 48hz. This is not a panasonic issue, nor is it "pathetic" as you so eloquently put it. It is because its not technically possible." You are a ****** who is clearly mis-quoting me...I did not say it's pathetic that you can not set it to 48hz...I said the CNET review was pathetic because they updated the review saying with 48hz, crosstalk is reduced..hurray....but that doesn't help anyone if it brings in the flicker issue, and it doesn't help when you want to game in 3D...so this is hardly the fix to what EVEN CNET REVIEWERS STATED as having more crosstalk than other televisions. Kinda hard to quantify the cross talk with a number, so they said "more" but really....it's TOO MUCH to be usable.

The only one here trying to cause a "stir" here is you...I am stating facts, and my experience, trying to warn others...you are just here talking **** and flat out lying about what I said, when others only need to scroll up and see you are wrong....your credibility is pathetic. lol
post #26 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters View Post

Your experience with the 3D on this TV isn't typical. Since you're so unhappy with it then why do you still have it? Why not just return the TV instead of ranting and complaining about it??

People search online for reviews, and to see if others are seeing the same issue as them...and to see if there is a fix.

Now they can see....the cross-talk issue is real, it exists...others see it and do not defend Panasonic to death.....and they there is no fix...only people talking **** or saying "NO WAY MY PERFECT PANNY HAS AN ISSUE!"

That is why I posted my "rant"

As for not returning it yet...I have only had it a few days, and believe it or not, I have other things going on in my life that puts returning a faulty TV somewhere besides the top of my to do list. And I have 30 days to return it...and I MIGHT keep it as a 2D only set (doubtful) and I wanted to do more testing, and to read more online, and too see if anyone could respond to my post with a magic fix...but hope is quickly being lost and I am only getting more confirmation that this is simply what Panasonic considers acceptable to place a 3D badge on.

Sad....because otherwise it would have been the perfect set, and the best TV for the $ IMO.

Why do you ask? Should people return a product the second they notice an issue, before doing some research? Especially with a product they otherwise love? Should they not reach out to a community like AVS to either educate others on the issue, or find a fix?
post #27 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 21
You are an angry guy. Its kinda funny though. Its one thing to inform, but I am not really sure what you expected by going on a forum that heavily favors panasonic plasmas and posts not to buy their tvs for 3d in ALL CAPS. A majority of the people here do not find issue with the 3d of the Panasonic sets, myself included. The 48hz 3d setting does not flicker any more than any other active shutter set to my eyes. Thats coming from someone who can't even watch the 2d 48hz setting, so I guess that is where we differ (well, we differ on many points but....) I want to just say "let it go" but I kind of want to see what you post next. smile.gif
post #28 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 07:40 AM
"Don't PM Me Bro"

Your intent in creating this rant thread was not to seek help, it's to complain about the TV. And instead of posting it in the 3D Display forum or 3D Technical forum (where all the 3D people are), you posted it in the regular Plasma forum where 95% of us have no interest or knowledge about 3D crap.

You've only had it a few days but the first post you made on this issue was not to inquire why you're seeing what you're seeing, or what could possibly be the problem, or if maybe there is something with your sources or content or even your eyesight that could be causing it, or any other question or plea for help. Instead, you immediately posted a ridiculous scathing over-the-top rant that the TV is crap and that Panasonic should not exist tellling people to not buy this TV blah blah blah. Sounds more like someone having an axe to grind then someone who is genuinely seeking help or doing more research.

I'm very unhappy with how my GT50 handles 720p content (it's a completely valid complaint which is shared by many) and i've been vocal about it in more than a few threads, but you don't see me creating a rant thread like you did.

Do you honestly expect people to help and offer ideas or fixes when you're acting like such a raving sourpuss?

RonAlam likes this.

Randy

Gallery -
post #29 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 09:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 360

thread title will be changed: it would be better if we can help the OP
post #30 of 36 Old 11-20-2012, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadsdsmith View Post

You are an angry guy. Its kinda funny though. Its one thing to inform, but I am not really sure what you expected by going on a forum that heavily favors panasonic plasmas and posts not to buy their tvs for 3d in ALL CAPS. A majority of the people here do not find issue with the 3d of the Panasonic sets, myself included. The 48hz 3d setting does not flicker any more than any other active shutter set to my eyes. Thats coming from someone who can't even watch the 2d 48hz setting, so I guess that is where we differ (well, we differ on many points but....) I want to just say "let it go" but I kind of want to see what you post next. smile.gif

LMAO, I know...I gotta work on that.

And yeah, I've said my peace..nothing more to it really.
Closed Thread 3D Displays

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc P55st50 55 Inch Plasma Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page