LG 55LM7600 problem while watching 3D only - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-16-2012, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi All,

I've tried searching for this issue, but it is near impossible, probably due to how i word it. But the following is my issue:

Usually a handful of times while watching a 3D movie (only happens while watching 3D) the image will kind of flicker. It seems to usually be when the scene changes, but it hasn't always been. By 'flicker' i mean that it is almost like there is a frame of the movie where the image isn't right. I don't know exactly what it looks like as it is too quick, but almost like black/white lines, I think. This happens when using either my PS3 or an LG Bluray player/receiver. I tried replacing the HDMI cable on the home theater receiver/player and still had the issue. The home theater receiver/bluray player is hooked up directly to my tv and the PS3 is hooked into the home theater receiver/bluray player.

Has anyone heard of this issue? I wasn't sure if a cheap hdmi cable could be the cause, but i've tried two different ones. Everything i've read said all HDMI cables are pretty much the same, and both I tried said they were "high speed" and 3D ready.

It isn't a huge issue as it only happens a handful of times during a movie and only for a frame, but every time it happens I just kinda focus on what is causing the issue rather than the movie.

Any input is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM

I'm having this exact same issue. Does it look like they are horizontal lines that flash on the screen for a split second and disappear? I have emaield LG about it but havent received a response yet. Anyone have any thoughts on what this might be? I'll be sure to post LGs response.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-21-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, that would describe it accurately. I will be interested to hear what LG has to say. Thanks for the reply!
post #4 of 5 Old 02-20-2013, 06:29 AM

I believe they call that artifacting and moving lines
post #5 of 5 Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM

ive noticed while playing 3d content when this happens that its the two images coming together for a second or two. i can verify this by taking off my glasses and when it happens the picture is perfectly clear. Not sure why it happens or if its normal

LG 55LM7600 (ON ITS WAY!!)
Fat PS3 4.30 cobra cfw
Slim ps3 4.30 ofw
Roku xs hd x2
Pioneer VSX-821k
Mac Mini Mid 2011 (windows 8 and mountain lion) 8TB JBOD
HP HPE-130f
Apple TV2
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lg Cinema Screen 55lm7600 55 Inch Cinema 3d 1080p 240 Hz Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread