Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 13 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
Daniel Chaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA (Valley Village)
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 104
I'm selling my D3 glasses used twice still have box and everything for $60 shipped within the US or plus shipping outside of the US send me a pm if interested.

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + Nexus Player
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
Daniel Chaves is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Daniel Chaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA (Valley Village)
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Sorry double post

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + Nexus Player
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
Daniel Chaves is offline  
post #363 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 01:57 PM
Member
 
dchabby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
dchabby is offline  
post #364 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Member
 
OZReddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchabby View Post

any opinions on the 3D-VIP glasses ? - http://www.consignia.ca/vip-3d-dlp-link-active-shutter-glasses-for-3d-ready-dlp-projectors-tvs/

Hi, I have a pair of these glasses which I use as my current 'best' pair. They are very comfortable, especially across the nose. This is important as you have to wear them for extended periods. They block the red flash well and sync very well. I like the style as the side arms block out most of the side ambient light. I am sure that you would not be disappointed.

The only issue I had was the postage outside of the USA was very expensive so I purchased via ebay, where it was cheaper.

I also purchased similar glasses from china which I find very close indeed and less than half the price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281071032288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They are worth considering as these will be the ones I will purchase in future.

I should say that I bought their cheaper sets and the only issue I had with them was the nose piece which I found uncomfortable. I will be selling these cheap ones soon.
OZReddog is offline  
post #365 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Member
 
rayweil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZReddog View Post

I also purchased similar glasses from china which I find very close indeed and less than half the price.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281071032288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

They are worth considering as these will be the ones I will purchase in future.

I should say that I bought their cheaper sets and the only issue I had with them was the nose piece which I found uncomfortable. I will be selling these cheap ones soon.

May I ask whether the cheaper sets you are going to sell are the ones in the link above? Thanks.

Oh, do the Chinese glasses above block "red flash"?

What is the shipping time to your location from China, I assume you are in Oceania? I'm still waiting for a different pair from the same seller. Bought from him/her 2 weeks ago. At the same time, I also bought a SianSonic pair from a different seller which arrived last week, ~1 week after payment. This later seller actually had free shipment to Oceania, which he changed after I bought! LOL.
rayweil is offline  
post #366 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchabby View Post

any opinions on the 3D-VIP glasses ? - http://www.consignia.ca/vip-3d-dlp-link-active-shutter-glasses-for-3d-ready-dlp-projectors-tvs/

They look like the same ones that Amazon is selling 2 pairs for about $60 under 3DtV brand. Monoprice is also selling them for about $42 each.,
rwestley is offline  
post #367 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Member
 
OZReddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayweil View Post

May I ask whether the cheaper sets you are going to sell are the ones in the link above? Thanks.

No not those ones, as I said I am happy with those!! No they are like the SainSonic type, just acceptable.

Quote:
Oh, do the Chinese glasses above block "red flash"?

For me, yes.

Quote:
What is the shipping time to your location from China, I assume you are in Oceania? I'm still waiting for a different pair from the same seller. Bought from him/her 2 weeks ago. At the same time, I also bought a SianSonic pair from a different seller which arrived last week, ~1 week after payment. This later seller actually had free shipment to Oceania, which he changed after I bought! LOL.

Purchased and paid 13/3 posted by seller 18/3 (piss poor) and arrived Melbourne Australia 27/3. So don't expect them for at least another week or may be 2. Shipping from China or Hong Kong can be as quick as 1 week (very rare) up to 5 weeks. It depends on if it was free shipping, time of year etc. You were very very lucky at 1 week!! I got free DHL shipping (3-4 days) on my cheapies but this has been removed now.
OZReddog is offline  
post #368 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Member
 
rayweil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
BTW, OZReddog, I found this eBay site selling Consignia VIP 3D:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIP-3D-DLP-Link-3D-Glasses-for-Optoma-GT750-G750E-HD33-HD3300-HD83-HD8300-etc-/130827722094?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item1e75f09d6e

C$59.99 with apparently free shipping to Oceania. No taxes etc for non-Canadian buyers. Non-rechargeable. I think its the same one as your "best". Am I right?
rayweil is offline  
post #369 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Member
 
Sir_Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

They look like the same ones that Amazon is selling 2 pairs for about $60 under 3DtV brand. Monoprice is also selling them for about $42 each.,

The product pictured is the older frame design. Both the box of the monoprice and 3dcorp show the same older version, but are indeed the newer frame showed on monoprice website. Appears you just have to hope you get 2013 stock.

Apparent OEM sells them directly

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.shop.hishock.com/products_detail/%26productId%3D5.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhishock%2Bdd01%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1C1CHFX_enUS388US388&sa=X&ei=nTdaUZjuHOat2QWI64CYDA&ved=0CDoQ7gEwAA
Sir_Q is offline  
post #370 of 968 Old 04-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Member
 
OZReddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayweil View Post

BTW, OZReddog, I found this eBay site selling Consignia VIP 3D:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VIP-3D-DLP-Link-3D-Glasses-for-Optoma-GT750-G750E-HD33-HD3300-HD83-HD8300-etc-/130827722094?pt=US_Video_Projectors&hash=item1e75f09d6e

C$59.99 with apparently free shipping to Oceania. No taxes etc for non-Canadian buyers. Non-rechargeable. I think its the same one as your "best". Am I right?

Yes, that is the listing I 'found' myself. I purchased a pair from them. You know you only had to ask me where I got them from.

They are good regarding postage times. I purchased on 21/2 and received them 1/3 so less than 10 days. I can recommend them.
OZReddog is offline  
post #371 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rwestley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Q View Post

The product pictured is the older frame design. Both the box of the monoprice and 3dcorp show the same older version, but are indeed the newer frame showed on monoprice website. Appears you just have to hope you get 2013 stock.

Apparent OEM sells them directly

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.shop.hishock.com/products_detail/%26productId%3D5.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhishock%2Bdd01%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff%26rlz%3D1C1CHFX_enUS388US388&sa=X&ei=nTdaUZjuHOat2QWI64CYDA&ved=0CDoQ7gEwAA

Amazon and Monoprice have the new stock. I have the 3DDLP version and it states supports 144kz on the back of the box.
rwestley is offline  
post #372 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Member
 
Sir_Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

Amazon and Monoprice have the new stock. I have the 3DDLP version and it states supports 144kz on the back of the box.

I'm aware, I have them both.



  • Both frames are labeled D+DPG/##/##. Last four digits appear to belong to customer of OEM.
  • 3dCorp have recently sent older stock that still work at 144hz according to brian6751
  • I've seen the updated Hi-Shock frames on regional ebay sites, which for some is cheaper than having them shipped from USA.
Sir_Q is offline  
post #373 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Q View Post

I'm aware, I have them both.



  • Both frames are labeled D+DPG/##/##. Last four digits appear to belong to customer of OEM.
  • 3dCorp have recently sent older stock that still work at 144hz according to brian6751
  • I've seen the updated Hi-Shock frames on regional ebay sites, which for some is cheaper than having them shipped from USA.

those are the same 3dCorp i have. not sure if they are older stock or not. ill check the box. older ones wont say 144Hz im assuming?
brian6751 is offline  
post #374 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Member
 
3DMamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Just received my W1070, am i missing somthing, i am using 120hz Sainsonic glasses and they seem to work perfectly fine? Can anyone confirm?

Would the 144hz actually be better? I cant imagine how as i dont see any "odd" judder. Everything seems fine.

smile.gif
3DMamper is offline  
post #375 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
Daniel Chaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA (Valley Village)
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Just received my W1070, am i missing somthing, i am using 120hz Sainsonic glasses and they seem to work perfectly fine? Can anyone confirm?

Would the 144hz actually be better? I cant imagine how as i dont see any "odd" judder. Everything seems fine.

smile.gif

If your source is outputting 60hz then yeah its fine but if you output 24hz source then it wont work

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + Nexus Player
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
Daniel Chaves is offline  
post #376 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Tyrone Burton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK,Cheshire
Posts: 466
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
It's pretty hard looking for BenQ 3D glasses over here in Britain. Especially the D3 ones. Are there any other models I should be looking for?

Tyrone Burton is offline  
post #377 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

those are the same 3dCorp i have. not sure if they are older stock or not. ill check the box. older ones wont say 144Hz im assuming?

mine say they work with 144Hz on the back of the box. they are Model: DLP2 Pro
brian6751 is offline  
post #378 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 04:46 PM
Member
 
OZReddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 186
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DMamper View Post

Just received my W1070, am i missing something, i am using 120hz Sainsonic glasses and they seem to work perfectly fine? Can anyone confirm?

Would the 144hz actually be better? I cant imagine how as i don't see any "odd" judder. Everything seems fine.

smile.gif

If you think the glasses you have are 120Hz, because of the box or the instructions in the box, then you may be wrong as, for at least 2 months, the Chinese have been manufacturing and shipping 96 - 144Hz compatible glasses. They have not changed the packaging or instructions as they obviously have a huge amount of stock of these. Whereas, the compatibility of the glasses is a software reprogram issue and easily changed on the fly in production. The reality is that you probably do have 144Hz compatible glasses as, if you didn't and viewed a 3D bluray, then the glasses will not sync and the 3D would not work.
OZReddog is offline  
post #379 of 968 Old 04-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Member
 
Sir_Q's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

mine say they work with 144Hz on the back of the box. they are Model: DLP2 Pro

The current model has thinner arms as shown on Monoprices stock photos. 3dCorps stock photo on Amazon show the older version with wide frame arms. Both boxes also show the older version even though they have the most recent inside.
Sir_Q is offline  
post #380 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 AM
Newbie
 
Tannverk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Based on what has been written here by dedicated people with tons of knowledge, I finally could decide and ended up with getting some 3d glasses
for my w1070. I would like to thank you all for showing me the path:)

Anyway, there is something which is not often mentioned, and that is what service you get from the different vendors. I would therefore describe what I
experienced, as I think it is worth mentioning.

I ended up buying a pair of true depth glasses directly from TD, as I heard you might end up with older versions when buying thru amazon. Thing is, the glasses I got was the older ones, they did not work with 1080p, and I complained to TD about this. I got an immediate reply, where they sincerely apologized and asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I asked for a replacement and they sent me a pair of new glasses immediately, and in addition, told me to keep the first glasses which I earlier received, as they felt their error should not result in any extra inconvenience on my behalf. The replacement glasses worked perfectly, Happy feet 2, Avatar + some samples, but I’ll not go into the details of this, as that has been covered by people with much more knowledge than me. Why I mention this, is that the level of service I got from TD was outstanding and I can without doubt recommend them to all of you.
Tannverk is offline  
post #381 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 05:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,453
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Q View Post

The current model has thinner arms as shown on Monoprices stock photos. 3dCorps stock photo on Amazon show the older version with wide frame arms. Both boxes also show the older version even though they have the most recent inside.

I thought the Monoprice ones looked a little different but figured it was the angle.

But either way, yes the ones I bought through Amazon work great and I like the wide arms. They block light reflections very well.
brian6751 is offline  
post #382 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter
Member
 
kelvink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 155
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannverk View Post

Hi,

Based on what has been written here by dedicated people with tons of knowledge, I finally could decide and ended up with getting some 3d glasses
for my w1070. I would like to thank you all for showing me the path:)

Anyway, there is something which is not often mentioned, and that is what service you get from the different vendors. I would therefore describe what I
experienced, as I think it is worth mentioning.

I ended up buying a pair of true depth glasses directly from TD, as I heard you might end up with older versions when buying thru amazon. Thing is, the glasses I got was the older ones, they did not work with 1080p, and I complained to TD about this. I got an immediate reply, where they sincerely apologized and asked if I wanted a refund or replacement. I asked for a replacement and they sent me a pair of new glasses immediately, and in addition, told me to keep the first glasses which I earlier received, as they felt their error should not result in any extra inconvenience on my behalf. The replacement glasses worked perfectly, Happy feet 2, Avatar + some samples, but I’ll not go into the details of this, as that has been covered by people with much more knowledge than me. Why I mention this, is that the level of service I got from TD was outstanding and I can without doubt recommend them to all of you.

Thanks for your post, Tannverk! I agree with you completely, the level of service from TrueDepth is second to none!

A quick update regarding the static noise issue, Daniel sent me this:
Quote:
We're working on 2 different solutions to resolve this. One is a software solution and the other is re-designing the glasses from the ground up. We should have a prototype soon. As I mentioned, we'll need to evaluate the cost of these new glasses to see if it is worth sending them to mass production. This will be based on several factors that I mentioned in the previous e-mail, but if this solves the problem and is received favorably among those who help test, we'll certainly consider it! If you're interested in helping test these out, it would be much appreciated! I will just need you to confirm your address. For all of the trouble, these will be sent at no charge to you. However, you are in no way obligated to help test. You've done a lot already! If you would like to help, I can send both types (the software upgrade and the newly designed glasses).
I hope we can find the solution soon. Thanks for your input!

This not just shows that they haven't forgotten about the noise issue, but also actively look for a solution to the issue which has only been reported by a couple users.
kelvink is offline  
post #383 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 AM
Member
 
acidmanvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to share my experience with my True Depth glasses, I ordered 2 pairs and asked the left eye only / right eye only option, directly from TD website.
The shipping was good, took about one week to ship here in Canada.

First impression, the glasses were a little bigger and heavier than expected but thats good because me and my wife are wearing glasses it is covering them perfectly.

After playing with the single button on the glasses I were not able to set the 2d mode option I ordered.
But the the worst problem Is that I am getting alot of desyncs, especially during bright films (ex: monster vs aliens) and when all the lights are closed (at night).

I tried covering the glasses with some sort of red tapes, hard-disk plastic paper etc, without success.
I found that inverting the left/right eye into the PJ settings and the glasses might help but not sure at all, it might be in my head.

I'm mostly using them at 120hz, playing from the computer, I dont know if it can be a part of the answer. I cannot try the 144hz mode since I have no external 3DBD player and stereoscopic player always crash when outputting 24hz framepacked.

I'm actually waiting for some help of TrueDepth since the weekend, hope to get a answer soon but i'm sure they will help me out with my problem since the service was very good until now.

P.S. How do I know if I get the newer or older revision of the glasses ?
acidmanvl is offline  
post #384 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Member
 
acidmanvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidmanvl View Post

I want to share my experience with my True Depth glasses, I ordered 2 pairs and asked the left eye only / right eye only option, directly from TD website.
The shipping was good, took about one week to ship here in Canada.

First impression, the glasses were a little bigger and heavier than expected but thats good because me and my wife are wearing glasses it is covering them perfectly.

After playing with the single button on the glasses I were not able to set the 2d mode option I ordered.
But the the worst problem Is that I am getting alot of desyncs, especially during bright films (ex: monster vs aliens) and when all the lights are closed (at night).

I tried covering the glasses with some sort of red tapes, hard-disk plastic paper etc, without success.
I found that inverting the left/right eye into the PJ settings and the glasses might help but not sure at all, it might be in my head.

I'm mostly using them at 120hz, playing from the computer, I dont know if it can be a part of the answer. I cannot try the 144hz mode since I have no external 3DBD player and stereoscopic player always crash when outputting 24hz framepacked.

I'm actually waiting for some help of TrueDepth since the weekend, hope to get a answer soon but i'm sure they will help me out with my problem since the service was very good until now.

P.S. How do I know if I get the newer or older revision of the glasses ?

Just got the answer from Daniel :
"I'm very sorry about this! I spoke with our engineer about this and it turns out the 2D/3D version of these glasses are not well suited for 120hz projectors. The engineer is working on a new program for this and hopes to have it done within a week."

So this is great I have my answer =)

But still havn't found how to use the 2d mode hehe
acidmanvl is offline  
post #385 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 11:49 AM
Member
 
acidmanvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got a other question for you guys,

When I am moving my eyes from one point to a other on the screen, I see some color flashes to my eyes. I think I could get used to them but is it what we call rainbow effects ?

Does everyone see this ? and is it relative to the glasses used ?
acidmanvl is offline  
post #386 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Newbie
 
tonylx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidmanvl View Post

Got a other question for you guys,

When I am moving my eyes from one point to a other on the screen, I see some color flashes to my eyes. I think I could get used to them but is it what we call rainbow effects ?

Does everyone see this ? and is it relative to the glasses used ?


Yes that is Rainbow Effect and is common on the DLP projectors. Some people are more sensitive than others and thus see it more often .
It has nothing to do with the glasses used.

cheers
tonylx is offline  
post #387 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
Daniel Chaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: LA (Valley Village)
Posts: 894
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylx View Post

Yes that is Rainbow Effect and is common on the DLP projectors. Some people are more sensitive than others and thus see it more often .
It has nothing to do with the glasses used.

cheers

Turning off color boost or something like that cant remember at the moment will help reduce that a bit.

Projector: BenQ w1070 v1.06 + Painted N9 Grey 120" Screen
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR636 ATMOS + Darbee Media Player: Panasonic DMP-BDT 321 + Nexus Player
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL, FR), CS2 Series II (Center), Monitor40 Series II (RL, RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L,R) + Dual JL Audio 12" Subs + ButtKicker LFE Arrangement: 5.2.2
Daniel Chaves is offline  
post #388 of 968 Old 04-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Newbie
 
ambiguousphoton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just wanted to say that I just purchased this two pack of 3dTV corp glasses recommended by a few others and absolutely love them!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004G2VJM6/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I watched tangled with them and everything looked so beautiful I couldn't get over it. The colors were so vibrant, the 3d effect literally made me duck at some points because I thought something was going to hit me, and I had no issues. The movie looked significantly better than my parents 3d samsung flatscreen TV and way better than even the movie theatres when you consider how vibrant it was. One small glitch was that I couldn't have strong overhead lights on, but you wouldn't anyway so I don't see it as a big deal. I am of european decent and thought they were pretty comfortable and my girlfriend even has chunky glasses but it didn't seem to bother her.

I agonized on this thread for a while about whether the benq glasses were worth more than double the price, but I am very happy that I bought these babies. Just do it! smile.gif
ambiguousphoton is offline  
post #389 of 968 Old 04-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Newbie
 
tonylx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post

Turning off color boost or something like that cant remember at the moment will help reduce that a bit.

Yes, probably turning off Brilliant Color (BC) will help.
tonylx is offline  
post #390 of 968 Old 04-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Member
 
acidmanvl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonylx View Post

Yes, probably turning off Brilliant Color (BC) will help.

Brillant Color is enabled in the default 3d profile ?
acidmanvl is offline  
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off