post #451 of 882 Old 05-06-2013, 10:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley King View Post

you need to change your resolution to 1080i 60 then it will work

Just out of curiosity, if you set your Blu-ray player to 1080i to play side-by-side mkvs, with it running at 60 refresh rate does that mean you're only watching 3D at 120hz and not 144?

Just asking because when I've played through my htpc with it set to 1080p @ 24, my glasses have routinely lost left/right sync, but I haven't had them lose sync yet running at 1080i @ 60. Or at least, not yet, anyway. Will test more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 882 Old 05-07-2013, 07:10 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
So I just ordered the 1070 this morning (should be here by Friday) and now need to get glasses. I have spent 2 days going through this thread and to be honest I think I am more confused now than before I started rolleyes.gif

Can someone help narrow down the options for me please? There are so many different brands/models etc that are being discussed here that I have gotten lost.

D3s - seem to be the best for image quality, depth, colors, synching, red blocking etc but it seems many of you do not like the comfort level at all. Lord knows if you gotta wear these for 2+ hours to watch a movie then need to be comfortable.

3DTV Corp - these seem to be decent but a # of you have complained about red blocking issues and an occasional synch issue here or there. Comfort seems to be fine. There are several models so I am not sure which makes the most sense.

True Depth - a little confused on these. They seem to have the second best "pop", image quality etc to the D3s but several have complained of synch issues and red blocking issues.

Sainsonic - seems for each person that likes them there is another that doesn't so again all over the place

Chinese glasses on ebay - probably just going to steer clear of these completely as they appear to be really hit or miss.

Basically I need set of 4 decent glasses that work well. Rechargeable vs. nonrechargeable doesn't much concern me to be honest. Comfort and image quality "pop" & colors are important.

So any suggestions or further insight?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #453 of 882 Old 05-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCS View Post

So I just ordered the 1070 this morning (should be here by Friday) and now need to get glasses. I have spent 2 days going through this thread and to be honest I think I am more confused now than before I started rolleyes.gif

Can someone help narrow down the options for me please? There are so many different brands/models etc that are being discussed here that I have gotten lost.

D3s - seem to be the best for image quality, depth, colors, synching, red blocking etc but it seems many of you do not like the comfort level at all. Lord knows if you gotta wear these for 2+ hours to watch a movie then need to be comfortable.

3DTV Corp - these seem to be decent but a # of you have complained about red blocking issues and an occasional synch issue here or there. Comfort seems to be fine. There are several models so I am not sure which makes the most sense.

True Depth - a little confused on these. They seem to have the second best "pop", image quality etc to the D3s but several have complained of synch issues and red blocking issues.

Sainsonic - seems for each person that likes them there is another that doesn't so again all over the place

Chinese glasses on ebay - probably just going to steer clear of these completely as they appear to be really hit or miss.

Basically I need set of 4 decent glasses that work well. Rechargeable vs. nonrechargeable doesn't much concern me to be honest. Comfort and image quality "pop" & colors are important.

So any suggestions or further insight?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Monoprice sells the same most favorable version of the 3dtv glasses. They cost a lil bit more, but there is a lot less chance of getting an older version.
post #454 of 882 Old 05-07-2013, 09:44 AM
GCS
AVS Special Member

Liked: 31
Thanks for the info I will look at those as well.

Greg

XBL Gamertag - blowfish7494

"Pull up your big boy pants and deal with it" - The Wife!

"Put on your man suit and fake it" - The Wife

post #455 of 882 Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM

3DTV Corp DLP LINK 3D Glasses are identical to the Monoprice Glasses for less money.

Here's a 4 pack: http://www.amazon.com/Window%C2%AE-Glasses-Projectors-Samsung%C2%AE-Mitsubishi%C2%AE/dp/B004G2RSXK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368058334&sr=1-2&keywords=3DTV+Corp+DLP-LINK+3D+Glasses

IMO, they are the best buy for the buck. No red, no sync problems, very comfortable. Only D3s give better visual results, though most find D3s less comfortable. Yes, they use batteries, but they're cheap, and last for months. To my surprise, I found them much less hassle than USB rechargeable.

Ken McPherson
post #456 of 882 Old 05-08-2013, 11:17 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken McPherson View Post

3DTV Corp DLP LINK 3D Glasses are identical to the Monoprice Glasses for less money.

Here's a 4 pack: http://www.amazon.com/Window%C2%AE-Glasses-Projectors-Samsung%C2%AE-Mitsubishi%C2%AE/dp/B004G2RSXK/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1368058334&sr=1-2&keywords=3DTV+Corp+DLP-LINK+3D+Glasses

IMO, they are the best buy for the buck. No red, no sync problems, very comfortable. Only D3s give better visual results, though most find D3s less comfortable. Yes, they use batteries, but they're cheap, and last for months. To my surprise, I found them much less hassle than USB rechargeable.

Ken McPherson

Demand must have shot up...cos prices have gone up since I bought my 3 pairs.
post #457 of 882 Old 05-09-2013, 01:51 AM

I'm completely new to posting to AVS but have had my W1070 for just over a month now and am starting to get hooked on watching 3D films. I have the projector ceiling mounted projecting onto a fixed 108" screen with 10cm black borders. I have so far tested two sets of glasses, the BenQ rechargeable ones and the Optoma ZD301's. Both worked fine however the BenQ's had some red shift at certain points in some films, to resolve this I just turned away from the screen and then looked back. The Optoma ZD301's are noticeably lighter than the BenQ and also 'feel' better to me and the friend's I've had come and look. Price wise there is also no comparison with the BenQ's coming in at £57 ex. and the Optoma at £25 ex. If you're after some cheaper glasses which still perform well I would recommend trying the new Optoma ZD301's!
post #458 of 882 Old 05-09-2013, 03:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayweil View Post

Demand must have shot up...cos prices have gone up since I bought my 3 pairs.

Quote:

Ken McPherson

I have tried many glasses and I agree they are "best for the buck" even with Amazon's increase in price. They are very comfortable even over glasses and they block the red flash. I also have the Benq D3's and they are nearly as good. If one really wants rechargeable glasses I recommend 3DActive glasses directly from Dimensional Optics.
They are the same as the True Depth at lower prices. I also suggest if you go for the 3Dtv glasses that you buy extra 2032 batteries at low prices from Amazon. The batteries are cheap and easy to change.

I would also suggest to those that have the Benq glasses you can make adjustments by using a hair dryer to make them more comfortable.
post #459 of 882 Old 05-09-2013, 03:57 PM

Greg,

We can help. Here's a link to our premium-quality 144 Hz DLP Link rechargeable glasses with case and cleaning cloth.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/DLP_Link.aspx

Thanks, Steve
post #460 of 882 Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ACTIVE View Post

Greg,

We can help. Here's a link to our premium-quality 144 Hz DLP Link rechargeable glasses with case and cleaning cloth.

http://www.dimensionaloptics.com/DLP_Link.aspx

Thanks, Steve

Thanks for posting the link., I have tried these glasses and they are great. They block the red flash as good as the Ben Q's at half the price. They are actually the same as the True Depth rechargeable glasses but they are lower in price and come with a nice case. If you order them direct from the link you will be sure to get the new 144kz versions. The company also offers good customer support.
post #461 of 882 Old 05-10-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagoing View Post

Well, they arrived today, and guess what... they work perfectly! My wife was VERY impressed, (jumped when startling objects and animals came flying out of the screen at her) when we watched out first 3D movie on the W1070, (Life of Pi) but I discovered something discouraging. With my astigmatism, I can't see in 3D very well as my left eye has very poor vision, even with corrective lens. Darn!

I should have known, as I don't have binocular vision either... does anyone want to buy a pair of great glasses, used once for about 1 hour? I think we're going to have to stick with 2D as we can't watch the same movie at the same time.

They are light weight, fit easily over our regular glasses, seem quite well made, block red perfectly and never lost their sync at all. They are an inexpensive and likely fine alternative to more expensive offerings, although to be fair I haven't compared them to any others directly.
First one to reply can have them for $50.00 shipped to anywhere in North America, for the pair.
post #462 of 882 Old 05-10-2013, 11:27 PM

Quote:

Ken McPherson

I bought these because of your recommendation but i did not look that much into it and noticed just now that it does not say anything about them being 144hz. Can you confirm that they are indeed 144hz?

regards
Jacob
post #463 of 882 Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylle View Post

I bought these because of your recommendation but i did not look that much into it and noticed just now that it does not say anything about them being 144hz. Can you confirm that they are indeed 144hz?

regards
Jacob

I also have these glasses and they are 144kz glasses. They state this on the box.
post #464 of 882 Old 05-12-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylle View Post

regards
Jacob

Confirmed.

Ken
post #465 of 882 Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley View Post

I also have these glasses and they are 144kz glasses. They state this on the box.

Quote:

Confirmed.

Ken

Great! Thanks guys!
post #466 of 882 Old 05-14-2013, 09:15 PM

i've narrowed my choice down to THESE or THESE. Taking cost out of the equation which are the better glasses?
post #467 of 882 Old 05-15-2013, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 75
For those in Central Europe, these look pretty good, albeit a bit expensive. I have ordered a pair and will let you know early next week if they are rubbish or not.

Blue Heaven 3D Glasses

Cheers,
McSt
post #468 of 882 Old 05-15-2013, 12:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisypher View Post

i've narrowed my choice down to THESE or THESE. Taking cost out of the equation which are the better glasses?

I have tried both and they are about equal. The 3D Active glasses are rechargeable and come with a nice case. With the 3DTV glasses one must replace the batteries.
Both will work great with the 1070 and are well made. They are more comfortable that the Benq's If you decide on the 3D Active be sure to get them from Dimensionaloptics direct since they have the new version that will work with the 1070. I would also let them know that you will be using the glasses with that projector. Dimensionaloptics even sent me ubs rechargers with the glasses. If you give them a call and ask they might do the same for you if you buy a few pairs. This makes their deal even better.
post #469 of 882 Old 05-15-2013, 02:56 PM

I ended up buying 4 pairs of THESE. $104 for 4 pairs with free shipping seems like a pretty good deal.
post #470 of 882 Old 05-16-2013, 03:35 AM

Hello, i wish to buy 3d glasses for my benq w1070. I have read a lot and cannot decide which model to buy, so, here are my questions :

- my gf and I both have glasses : which model suits the best with glasses and does the volfoni edge 1.1 suit well with glasses ?
- can you tell me if there really is a big difference in brightness and red tint between volfoni edge 1.1 and cheaper models ?

Thank you.
post #471 of 882 Old 05-16-2013, 06:21 AM

Quote:

I ended up jumping for the former, the 4x pack of 3dtv's from Amazon.com. Postage was an extra $50 to Australia, but it was still cheaper than two Benq D3s, even from the cheapest seller I could find. At that price, the D3's would have to make coffee before I'd seriously consider them.
post #472 of 882 Old 05-16-2013, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Reading above has me a bit confused so I've got a question.

I recently (within the last 3 weeks) bought 2 pair of 3Active DLP-Link glasses off Amazon. Guys say above it will say on the box if they are 144hz or not. My box says nothing either way.

The number that IS on the box is A1S01281GD5. ASIN: B008DKGGBQ

On the glasses themselves, there is a sticker inside the one limb that says GL410 and under that: 121000229

Anyone want to hazard a guess as to what frequency these are?

These seem fine to me, I've been quite impressed with the 3D, but they are the only glasses I've ever used and I do have 3 people say they get fatigued quickly wearing them. rolleyes.gif

It so happens I'm in the market to buy another two pair in the next couple days. I'd read on the forum that at least one person who'd tried a lot of glasses thought these were the cats meow so I bought them. If there's a newer version out I'll give them a try. My projector is a W7000 fyi.
post #473 of 882 Old 05-17-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStyvie View Post

For those in Central Europe, these look pretty good, albeit a bit expensive. I have ordered a pair and will let you know early next week if they are rubbish or not.

Blue Heaven 3D Glasses

Cheers,
McSt

These are the Hi-Shock , model YDD3PG, mentioned on my 1st page of this thread. They work great.
post #474 of 882 Old 05-17-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:

I ended up buying 4 pairs of THESE. $104 for 4 pairs with free shipping seems like a pretty good deal.

I have one set, they don't block red tint well at all. But they fit great over my 4 year olds glasses, so she wears them.
post #475 of 882 Old 05-17-2013, 11:26 AM

Damn, sounds like i wasted my money on those then, thanks for the info. Are the 3active glasses good? Just don't want to waste any more money, trial and error is starting to get expensive. mad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Q View Post

I have one set, they don't block red tint well at all. But they fit great over my 4 year olds glasses, so she wears them.
post #476 of 882 Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Q View Post

These are the Hi-Shock , model YDD3PG, mentioned on my 1st page of this thread. They work great.
Great to hear I should get mine tomorrow and will let you know how happy I am:)
post #477 of 882 Old 05-18-2013, 04:04 PM

what is the best glasses for me , If the comfortable is not important at all , the most impotent thing to me is the bright and the color , also the price don't matter ?
after reading I guess Benq 5J.J7K25.001 is the best for me , or not ?
Also is the NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Glasses work with w1070 ?
post #478 of 882 Old 05-18-2013, 08:48 PM

After having tried to save money by purchasing cheaper glasses only to find you get what you pay for, I'd recommend the Benq glasses. They may cost more and be somewhat uncomfortable, but everything I have read, on this site and others, point to the fact they are the best overall glasses as far as quality. My next purchase will definitely be Benq glasses. I'm done buying the cheap crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morhf View Post

what is the best glasses for me , If the comfortable is not important at all , the most impotent thing to me is the bright and the color , also the price don't matter ?
after reading I guess Benq 5J.J7K25.001 is the best for me , or not ?
Also is the NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Glasses work with w1070 ?
post #479 of 882 Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:

After having tried to save money by purchasing cheaper glasses only to find you get what you pay for, I'd recommend the Benq glasses. They may cost more and be somewhat uncomfortable, but everything I have read, on this site and others, point to the fact they are the best overall glasses as far as quality. My next purchase will definitely be Benq glasses. I'm done buying the cheap crap.

If the 4-pack of 3dtv's I purchase don't actually end up all that good, then this is the boat I'll be in, too. At the end of this day, I didn't go to all of this trouble setting up a dedicated room to settle for second best just cause I was trying to cut corners saving a buck on the glasses.
post #480 of 882 Old 05-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 59
Quote:

After having tried to save money by purchasing cheaper glasses only to find you get what you pay for, I'd recommend the Benq glasses.

I agree, I think this is a good recommendation.

I've seen two brands of cheaper 3D glasses, one which generally didn't properly sync (it was worthless), and another which didn't fully block the DLP-link flash (it significantly lowered contrast). Despite reading on AVS some misgivings about the Benq glasses comfort, I ordered two pairs because I know picture quality is more important and more noticeable. I find the glasses to be light, though a little heavy on the nose when you first put them on. After a minute, you forget about them. More importantly, you'll never be bothered by the picture quality.

I've now spent roughly $400 for 4 pairs of high quality glasses over two years, and frankly I'm glad I did.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page