Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 25 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #721 of 893 Old 01-23-2014, 06:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Dear Members,

Can the first generation Benq glasses (P/N:5J.JOT14.011) use on W1070 ?? I cant sync it with any 3D bluray movies....A Noob on 3D , hope to get some advise :)

Jack

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 893 Old 01-25-2014, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I have purchased 3ACTIVE DLP-link glasses for my Optoma GT760, and they exhibit crosstalk! I can't do photos right now, but they crosstalk a lot when you turn your head away from the perpendicular line to the image. I don't have another DLP-link glasses so I can't be 100% positive the glasses are at fault but the probability that the projector is at fault is surely less.
post #723 of 893 Old 01-27-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
3ACTIVE twin pack dropped in price by $10 AGAIN, now $79.95

http://www.amazon.com/DLP%C2%AE-3ACTIVE%C2%AE-Glasses-Projectors-Rechargeable/dp/B0058VYQH4
post #724 of 893 Old 01-28-2014, 06:45 PM

What's the life/Recharging cycles of Rechargable type 3d glass?
What is best option for battery replaceable 3d glass for W1070?
post #725 of 893 Old 01-28-2014, 06:53 PM

Dear Friends,

I read a review of True Depth 3D® Firestorm XL Premium Quality DLP-LINK Rechargeable 3D Glasses with SteadySync (TM) glasses as detailed below:

Anyone wearing glasses under 3D glasses kindly comment his experience.
What about size of these glasses for kids of age range 7-15?
Isn't it heavy/light for kids?

Please reply.
post #726 of 893 Old 01-29-2014, 05:43 PM

Liked: 32
All your questions have been answered in previous posts. Please do a little reading before asking questions. There is a search box top of the page.

Asking how long a battery will last is like asking how long is a piece of string. It depends on the quality of the battery, if you turn them off after use and don't simply let the glasses turn off on their own. Also the brand of the glasses and the usage rate of the glasses etc. etc. etc. That being said, I have got a minimum of 100 hours out of the glasses/batteries I have used before a recharge but I don't use them frequently. I have 500 hours total to date on the originals.
sanyadji likes this.
post #727 of 893 Old 01-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZReddog View Post

All your questions have been answered in previous posts. Please do a little reading before asking questions. There is a search box top of the page.

Asking how long a battery will last is like asking how long is a piece of string. It depends on the quality of the battery, if you turn them off after use and don't simply let the glasses turn off on their own. Also the brand of the glasses and the usage rate of the glasses etc. etc. etc. That being said, I have got a minimum of 100 hours out of the glasses/batteries I have used before a recharge but I don't use them frequently. I have 500 hours total to date on the originals.

Thanks Sir... Your reply helped a lot. I also asked to Denial & his reply is quoted below:
"With each charge, you will get about 50 hours of use. After the battery goes dead, the glasses must be replaced. However, this should not happen for several years- 5-7 years with regular use. The glasses will turn off automatically when not receiving a signal for more than 5 minutes. Please let me know if you have further questions. I'm happy to help!"

I am going to order 2 pair Firestorm LT and 2 pair Firestorm XL...
Will these glass fit on the face of my kids (7Yr & 14Yrs old). Elder one wear eyeglasses.

thanks
post #728 of 893 Old 01-30-2014, 12:54 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Yesterday I watched the hobbits using soundandvision settings and Benq D3 glasses, perfect and not a single complaint. I was hoping someone compares Estar glasses if its as good as Benq or not. .
post #729 of 893 Old 01-30-2014, 06:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Sound and Vision 3D settings are great imo. I hate trying to calibrate 3D with taping the glasses on the meter etc so I stuck with these and can't complain.

post #730 of 893 Old 01-30-2014, 03:10 PM

I placed an order for two pair of 3Dtwo pair of 3D glasses glasses for this DLP projector. I got them today, but these glasses are a different brand (Hi-Shock™) and model (D+D3G) than what I ordered (3DTV Corp brand, model DLP2-2). Did I get a the wrong kind? These say HI-POINT on the side in big letters and the photo on the Amazon page does not show that and I don't see the name of 3DTV Corp on the box anywhere.

I need to know before opening them up, if I need to return them for the right pairs.
post #731 of 893 Old 02-02-2014, 12:55 AM

Liked: 15
I'm a little confused I read everything here and I was confused even more so what the most recommended glasses that block the red and their price maximum $ 30 including shipping to Europe ? , please bring me a link I saw that 3dtv good but only $ 40 shipping ihave sainsonic I don't love them They do not block the red and uncomfortable please help me thanks ;-)
post #732 of 893 Old 02-02-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roei Asaraf View Post

I'm a little confused I read everything here and I was confused even more so what the most recommended glasses that block the red and their price maximum $ 30 including shipping to Europe ? , please bring me a link I saw that 3dtv good but only $ 40 shipping ihave sainsonic I don't love them They do not block the red and uncomfortable please help me thanks ;-)

You will not get any of the 'recommended' glasses under $30 shipped to Europe! Sorry but that is a fact! We have the same problem here in Australia.

Now you may want to try these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/144Hz-3D-DLP-Link-Active-Glasses-for-BenQ-Optoma-Acer-Viewsonic-LG-Projector-/360815797983?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item54024c26df

I, along with a few others, have these on order and should arrive soon. Don't know how good or bad they are but they have the right bridge to be comfortable, unlike the SainSonic glasses. As to blocking the red .... time will tell. But, at around $13 US shipped, they are worth a try.
post #733 of 893 Old 02-03-2014, 03:42 AM

Thanks I order 2 glass its free shipping ;-)
post #734 of 893 Old 02-04-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks I order 2 glass its free shipping ;-)

They are great glass for the price, it arrived yesterday and works as expected, actually better if you consider the price. I do not have any other glass to compare with but I am inclining towards the 3DTV Corp, the rechargeable ones. Once I compare, I will report back. They are definetly worth a try and would be used as back-up in case 3DCorp turned out to be better.http://www.amazon.com/Generation-DLP-Link-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B00E1S65EM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391543265&sr=8-2&keywords=3d+tv+corp+dlp+link
These are $51 from manufacturer's Ebay shop and no tax either.
post #735 of 893 Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishikesh27 View Post

They are great glass for the price, it arrived yesterday and works as expected, actually better if you consider the price. I do not have any other glass to compare with but I am inclining towards the 3DTV Corp, the rechargeable ones. Once I compare, I will report back. They are definetly worth a try and would be used as back-up in case 3DCorp turned out to be better.http://www.amazon.com/Generation-DLP-Link-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B00E1S65EM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391543265&sr=8-2&keywords=3d+tv+corp+dlp+link
These are $51 from manufacturer's Ebay shop and no tax either.
Thanks but what about the red flash
Do you see black as black or red?
post #736 of 893 Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:

Thanks but what about the red flash
Do you see black as black or red?

Please note: hrishikesh27 said 'They are great glass for the price, it arrived yesterday and works as expected,' ..... the key words are 'works as expected'. The difficulty is that he/she does not have any other glasses to compare these with.

When mine come I will let you know as I have the SainSonics as well as a better set of glasses.
post #737 of 893 Old 02-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Its "he" BTW.

I do not see any red flash but again, I am a frog in a well, have not tried higher end yet, I will be shortly comparing the 2, the 3DTV Corp and the cheaper version from ebay.
These are exactly the same as on UK Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/G15-DLP-Glasses-Shutter-DLP-Link-Projector/dp/B00GTI62ZE
Manual says G15 DLP.

One negative about these are they are very uncomfortable if you wear prescription eye glasses, leave very little space to wear prescription glasses. Slight stretch on either arm detaches from the frame, a slight con, happens more when adjusting on top of prescription glasses.
But to not be deterred, it s a great glass for lot less money especially if you are wetting your feet in 3D world and take few weeks to find the one that suits you.
post #738 of 893 Old 02-05-2014, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishikesh27 View Post

Its "he" BTW.

I was just being careful/non-sexist.

These glasses proved popular as there is only one left! Obviously the price had something to do with that.

PS if anyone is interested the same seller still have the glasses available under other listings. E.g.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/G15-DLP-3D-Active-Shutter-Glasses-for-DLP-LINK-3D-Optoma-Sharp-LG-NEC-Projectors-/360790367911?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item5400c81ea7
post #739 of 893 Old 02-06-2014, 02:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post

Just took the plunge on some of the cheapest 144hz glasses available anywhere. Here's the Ebay link - they cost me $11.85 shipped which I believe is a new low for 144hz glasses period.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/144Hz-3D-DLP-Link-Active-Glasses-for-BenQ-Optoma-Acer-Viewsonic-LG-Projector-/360815797983?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item54024c26df

Contrast is only listed at 750:1 compared to my beloved bulky 2x 3DTV Corps from Amazon which are 1200:1 contrast. But these cheap ones will be for an occasional guest (unless they completely suck). Some have said that certain glasses block red flash better than others - while I've also heard that they either block red flash or they don't and that there's no middle ground. Could be that these will not appear to do such a great job at it anyway since there are no sides to block the red light in your peripheral vision

I'll report back and let you guys know if they are halfway decent or not. From the design it looks like they just bought a bunch of discontinued Samsung glasses and repurposed them

Ok so as promised here's my review of these super cheap 144hz glasses. As stated above they cost me $11.85 shipped (now listed at $12.96 at link above. Note:low stock) I'm going to make this a comparison as I compared all three types of 144hz 3D glasses I have on hand.

144Hz 3D DLP-Link Active Glasses for BenQ/Optoma/Acer/Viewsonic/ LG/ Projector $12.98 (pictured above, use 2025 battery)
So for the price and quality, these get a big thumbs up! The lenses are smaller than I like, but these are cheap and the performance is excellent so they are perfect for guests (and larger gatherings). Give these to your kids/nieces/nephews and save the more premium/comfortable glasses for the more discerning guests. Not that you will notice much of a difference between these and higher priced glasses as performance with the other two glasses listed below was pretty much equal across the map

Block Red Flash: Good/Acceptable. There's nothing to block the light out of your peripheral so that may factor in. But there was no difference in the amount of red on screen compared to the other two glasses
Comfort: Okay. Super Lightweight. But not the most comfortable. *WOULD NOT recommend to prescription glass wearers as they slide around a LOT compared to similar lightweight glasses. No rubber nose piece. The arms don't fold so they are a bit stiff (detachable), but once they are on your face they are plenty comfortable as long as you don't wear prescription glasses
Performance: Crystal Clear 3D NO PROBLEMS *Except perhaps field of vision as the lenses are SMALL. Uses the smaller 2025 replaceable batteries

Sainsonic Rainbow (Rechargeable) $22.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SainSonic-144Hz-3D-DLP-Link-IR-Active-Shutter-Rechargeable-Glasses-for-BenQ-Blue-/400579120733?pt=US_Video_Glasses&hash=item5d44604e5d
For around $20 these are decent. I believe when I bought these they were listed as 3Dtv Corps glasses as well. A lot of these 3D glasses are made in China at the same factory and rebranded for various companies. The fact that they are rechargeable is nice IF you prefer that, but when they are dead and the movie is about to begin you might wish they had a replaceable battery and you didn't ever have to worry about babysitting/charging your glasses beforehand

Block Red Flash: Good Again these won't block light from your peripheral either, but the frame is bigger and the curve of the glasses helps compared to those listed above so they are a notch better
Comfort: Good Lightweight. Rubber nose piece. They don't slide around if you wear prescription glasses. I WOULD recommend these to those who want a cheap AND comfortable rechargeable pair of 3D glasses
Performance: These glasses had some issues with ghosting UNTIL I pressed the button and it switched the left/right eye back to the proper alignment. They give you the option to switch views/eyes which is nice I guess, but I don't like the fact that if one of your guests switches eyes and then later turns these glasses off....the next time you turn them on you will need to press the button and switch back or you WILL notice ghosting. The other two pairs of glasses did not ghost as badly when left/right eye views were switched, so THAT function of these glasses maybe not work properly. But used properly there is no ghosting and these are decent for the price and comforable

3DTV Corp (Bulky 2032 Battery Powered) $58 for 2 pair - basically $29 each
http://www.amazon.com/DLP-LINK-3D-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1391679382&sr=8-2&keywords=3dtv+corp+3d+glasses
They cost a bit more, but they are worth it in my opinion. They're a bit bulky and an older model of 144hz 3D glasses. But one super nice extra about that is that if you wear glasses like me and have an old pair of prescription glasses - those lenses will likely fit and can be nicely taped inside if you want to use a small bit of scotch tape at top/bottom so that you don't have to wear two pairs of glasses. It looks nice how I did it, and noone else can tell. I've noticed both pairs of these I have, have a tendency to occasionally kill even a brand new battery from time to time for some odd reason

Block Red Flash: Good/Great These bulkier frames don't let in hardly any light from the sides, so that's a bigger plus, and there is no noticeable extra redness on screen when compared to the other glasses.
Comfort: Good Not as light, and definitely bulkier, these may take some getting used to. My wife didn't like them at all at first, but now prefers them so give it time
Performance: So-So/Good when viewed straight on But at ANY ANGLE you will have issues. If you turn your head to the left the colors get noticeably warmer/redder and if you turn your head to the right the colors wash out and get cooler/bluer. But when viewed straight on everything is as it should be as. Watching Cars 1 in 3D, I will mention that colors may have been a tad bit duller with these compared to the other two glasses, but the difference was almost negligible. The other glasses perform slightly better IMO AND perform well even when you turn your head from side to side or sit at a more extreme viewing angle to the screen - so though I loved these glasses before, I believe I will look into 3DTV Corps 4th and 5th generation glasses (and other brands) as this may not be an issue with the newer glasses

One quick note on blocking red flash: It is an artifact of the DLP 3D technology, but IMO not an issue to do with the glasses so much. I believe that ambient light and especially any red reflections coming off the screen and reflecting off your walls/ceiling play a bigger role in a dark room as some of that enters your peripheral vision especially with glasses with no sides on the frames. It is not an issue at all in my setup, and others have said the same. But some people may be more sensitive, or have excessive reflections from the screen in their setup. And another thought on that - I believe the contrast of the glasses directly relates. You definitely want a higher native contrast to whichever glasses you pick out, which will make blacks blacker. Poor contrast in *some* of the cheaper glasses result in blacks not looking as black, and therefore looking lighter - or redder in the case of this technology

The only expert opinions I've read on the measurable difference in contrast with these type of 3D glasses is that it does matter to an extent. BUT as those with projectors know the lighting conditions/reflections in your room matter much more when it comes to contrast. You can have the highest contrast with your 3D glasses, but if you're watching with a lot of light in the room contrast will be poor and blacks will look much lighter/redder. Even with the cheap $12 ones I reviewed above, whose contrast IS LESS than the bulky 3DTV ones, blacks were JUST AS GOOD and appeared just as dark on screen in my completely dark room

post #740 of 893 Old 02-06-2014, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
post #741 of 893 Old 02-06-2014, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
In ebay he lists this as 4th generation, and the blue light glasses as 5th generation, the one Rwestly recommended long time ago here. Also I pulled the trigger on the blue version because of high ratings in Amazon UK and also after I saw the newest Optoma glasses, ZD302
post #742 of 893 Old 02-07-2014, 08:51 AM

Hi All, We have recently bought w1070 and looking for 3d glasses based on the room light conditions (image attached). 

We have projection on wall, which have some shine. We need 4 glasses, rechargeable, light weight and purchasing from Canada online portals.

Please suggest what can be some good and cheap buys. Thanks. 

image: daylight

image: night light in hall

post #743 of 893 Old 02-07-2014, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I asked 3DTV Corp the difference between DLPRL and DLPRF (2014 version) and this was the response:

"The difference between model DLPRL and DLPRF are color, style and the weight.Other than these,they are all have the same refresh rate, recent updated firmware.

Thank you again.
Best regards,
Yan"
post #744 of 893 Old 02-11-2014, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank you all for the great conversations you've had with my little brother Craig (maintman). I regret to inform you he passed away on February 6th from a battle with stage 4 gastric cancer. He really loved avsforum and all the awesomeness that came with his hobby. I love it too but he is by far more into than me. He briefly talked about 3D projectors/glasses just a couple months ago. I will finish his 6, 18" DIY subwoofers and setup his 3D projector next to my old beater Epson 8500ub.

A few months ago he wanted me to take his JTR Captivator (and Quints) home and set it up. I didn't want to do it because I didn't want to acknowledge that his battle was drawing to a close.

If you want to check out what an awesome guy Craig was then look at 5000milesofcraig on facebook. He also has a really cool slideshow and video here:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Craig-Windrix&lc=4954&pid=169612522&mid=5848885

I know this is kinda weird to post this info here but I know he considered you all friends.

Almost forgot to mention, he has his own Aliens Colonial Marine action figure made by NECA. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhyl0g5WeXA
post #745 of 893 Old 02-11-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCW1 View Post

Hey everyone. Just wanted to thank you all for the great conversations you've had with my little brother Craig (maintman). I regret to inform you he passed away on February 6th from a battle with stage 4 gastric cancer. He really loved avsforum and all the awesomeness that came with his hobby. I love it too but he is by far more into than me. He briefly talked about 3D projectors/glasses just a couple months ago.

Very sorry to hear that Craig has passed away. Our thoughts are with you and your family. Nice to hear that you will carry on with some of his projects.
post #746 of 893 Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 AM
Advanced Member

Yes my prayers & thoughts are with you guys. Always hate to lose a fellow AVS'er, glad to see you are carrying on his legacy

post #747 of 893 Old 02-12-2014, 07:53 PM

Hi, I just received my new 'inexpensive' glasses:

gamermwm did a review above but I thought it was worth while to give my own opinions. They are listed in no particular order of importance.

Positives:

1. These are VERY inexpensive, great news, now under US$13 posted.
2. Could not identify any red flash - good news
3. Cover approximately the same screen area, i.e. viewing area as the other 3 types of glasses I have. Being rectangular lenses they 'fit' the field of vision better than most, less obtrusive.
4. Cross talk - not perceptible at all, much better than SainSonics.
5. Rainbow - could not detect any, I can see them with some other glasses, I tried my best to generate them but nothing.
6. The arms would allow these to easily fit children and people with smaller heads as well as larger sizes. They fit a wide range of people.
7. The arm design allow people who wear over the ear type hearing aids to also comfortably were the glasses and hearing aids at the same time. This is a problem with other glasses where the arms must rest on the top of your ears. This is a big plus.
8. The glasses come with 2 batteries, good work.
9. The glasses once synced with the image do not loose sync even if you move your head around, turn away from the screen or put them down.

Negatives:

1. I don't believe that you could comfortably wear prescription glasses under these. If you could they would be very uncomfortable. ** See comment under 'edit' below.
2. The arms do not block out side light, many others are the same. I prefer the thick side arm types for day time use as we do have light entering the room. This is not an issue where you have a dedicated room or good light blocking or night use.
3. The bridge is not the most comfortable around but as the glasses are very light they are not uncomfortable. You could wear them for the full duration of a film without a problem. A small amount of padding would be a great addition.
4. The arms cannot be folded. The arms must be removed and repeated clipping and unclipping could result in the arms becoming loose. Time will tell. They can be left assembled.
5. They supply a cleaning cloth and storage bag but the assembled glasses do not fit inside the bag. They fit when disassembled.

Overall I like these glasses, if I had a very limited budget I would be more than happy as they do what they need to do very well. For children these would be very good. I fully recommend them.

I would happily use them in a dedicated theatre or well darkened room. I just like the heavy arm type due to our setup and mode of use.

I hope this information is of use to readers.

Edit 15/02: I have been looking at the 'problem' of using these glasses over prescription glasses and have an idea. As the frames are very light and the arms detach it would be possible to tape or otherwise 'attach' the frame section to the front of a spare pair of prescription glasses like 'clip ons'. The lenses are big enough to cover your field of vision and most prescription glass's lenses.
gamermwm likes this.
post #748 of 893 Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

I've got a pair of these glasses on the way: EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses. Great reviews on Amazon, and someone there even mentioned they are an "Identical OEM Version of Optoma BG-ZD301". I'll come back and do a brief review of these as soon as I get them and have time. I paid $35 which isn't cheap, but in the ball park for a premium pair of 3D glasses if they are as good as they say

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRN3D98/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

post #749 of 893 Old 02-15-2014, 01:59 PM

Quote:

I've got a pair of these glasses on the way: EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses. Great reviews on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRN3D98/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

To save a lot of wasted time the seller DOES NOT ship outside of the USA ..... typical!
post #750 of 893 Old 02-16-2014, 03:41 PM

Out of stock .sux
Quote:

Just took the plunge on some of the cheapest 144hz glasses available anywhere. Here's the Ebay link - they cost me $11.85 shipped which I believe is a new low for 144hz glasses period.

Contrast is only listed at 750:1 compared to my beloved bulky 2x 3DTV Corps from Amazon which are 1200:1 contrast. But these cheap ones will be for an occasional guest (unless they completely suck). Some have said that certain glasses block red flash better than others - while I've also heard that they either block red flash or they don't and that there's no middle ground. Could be that these will not appear to do such a great job at it anyway since there are no sides to block the red light in your peripheral vision

I'll report back and let you guys know if they are halfway decent or not. From the design it looks like they just bought a bunch of discontinued Samsung glasses and repurposed them

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page