AVS Forum banner

Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses

334K views 1K replies 307 participants last post by  pd555 
#1 ·
UPDATE: Here's a mini-review comparing a few 144Hz DLP-link glasses on W1070.

This thread is to attempt to gather information on owner's confirmation on compatible DLP-Link 3D Glasses that work with the new Benq W1070 for 1080p/24fps 3D HDMI input signal. Please note that only 1080p/24fps input mode is relevant here, as all DLP-link 3D glasses will work with the rest of the modes (1080i, 720p, etc)

The following are confirmed:

Compatible:
Ebay Sainsonic 144Hz Glasses
Benq 5J.J7K25.001

NOT Compatible:
Sainsonic White 120Hz Glasses

ALL the above glasses block red flash, and there is no noticeable ghost/crosstalk. Both Sainsonic would lose L/R sync once in a while and require re-syncing by pressing the button (an incident that made my daughter nauseous last night). The benq has the best overall image quality.

See less See more
Reactions: maheeinfy
#628 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAstro  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/600#post_23916341

Glad you found what suits you best. My battery powered 3DTV Corp glasses (model DLP2-2) do not lose synch, but as the battery wears on it might be difficult for them to get synched in the first place. I noticed one pair being a little more difficult to catch on to the last movie, but once synched, they lasted through the whole movie. My wife's pair had no problem with synch. Might replace the batteries today before they start giving me problems. We both wear glasses and these ok for me, but my wife just told me today hers keep slipping. I'll look into the 3DTV Corp clip-ons, probably pick up a pair this month if other reviews look good.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone else is having synch problems with the rechargeable set. Should be some interesting reviews on Amazon. The pair in your link look to be very light weight. Can you provide a model number of your 3dTV Corp glasses? There are two rechargeable 3DTV Corp models - DLPRM and DLPRL, and the clip-ons DLPRK.

A link to the pair we use:
http://www.amazon.com/3DTV-Corp-DLP-LINK-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

The ebay ones from your link at the same as the black Sansonic glasses. Not great at blocking red flash. The Blue Heaven glasses in another post are light and block the red flash very well. 3DTV will be getting them under their own name in a few weeks I was told.

#630 ·

I joined the Avsforum just so I could take part in this discussion.

I currently own a Benq 1080ST and two pairs of 3DTVCorp DLP link glasses. Both were at a reasonable price. While I'm fairly happy with the projector I would NOT recommend the 3DTVCorp DLP link glasses.

- Sync: I'm very impressed with their ability to gain and keep sync, no issues with turning my head away from the screen and they even keep sync (or regain it quickly) when I leave my home theater room. (I don't have a bunch of ambient light in my home and my theater room's lighting is completely controlled)

- Cost: Dang, these were inexpensive. Two pairs for slightly more than what other companies were charging for one.

- Fit: They seem comfortable enough. Not as good as my Samsung active pairs for my plasma but they fit over my regular glasses good enough

- Performance: Here's where they fail for me and got me looking here and elsewhere for replacements. The glasses really have to be fairly parallel to the screen and centered (L-R, U-D) to work properly.

If your head is centered to the screen width AND height and you don't turn your head much (or at all) these glasses work fine. However if the center of the screen is higher (vertically) than your eyes you may (or WILL) get cross talk. If your seating placement is not centered (left-right) you'll get cross talk and redish blacks. Even if your perfectly centered (V/H) and your turn your head L-R, U-D you'll get cross talk and redish blacks.

I've even considered raising my chair up a few feet to help fix the problems, however that still leaves me with the Left-Right issue. The 1080ST is projecting a 100" image 7-9 feet away from where my head is while viewing it.

I'm planning on ordering a pair of the "v3.5" (forget the brand) mentioned earlier in this thread to see if they perform better.

#632 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/600_100#post_23906086

Well, after reading this whole thread I think I'm going to try the True Depth Firestorm XL Premium glasses. Daniel at True Depth recommended them for fitting over prescription glasses. I was undecided until the price for a 2 pack on Amazon dropped below $100 today and then I noticed that there was also a 20% coupon. Add the ~$10 in store credit I had and that comes to right about $35 for each.

I guess I should start looking for a BluRay player and some movies now. LOL

Is the 20% coupon still available?

#635 ·
Hi -

What model 3DTV Corp glasses are you using?

I don't seem to have this problem with my active 3DTV Corp (model DLP2-2) glasses. My wife, who is much, much less a purist than I am, sees 3D just fine sitting a good 45 degrees off center. I can lay down, move from one end of the sofa to the other, and not see any decrease in 3D.

You might have a defective set of glasses - but that's unlikely having two. I'd ask 3DTV Corp to replace them for free.

Or, could your problem be the screen? Maybe it only makes a difference in polarized, passive glasses, but high screen reflective coefficients limit the effective 3D viewing angle fairly sharply. My screen is simple white synthetic leather, used in furniture coverings, maybe some clothing. I actually can see that my white walls are whiter than the screen, but there's a window behind the screen that prevents me from projecting on the wall. So I'd say my coefficient is pretty near 1.0 or less.

Alternately, could be a problem with the projector.... I am looking into buying a Benq projector myself, so I'll be sure to test it with my 3DTV Corp before keeping it and replacing my 6 pair.

Good luck with new glasses - hope that solves your problem.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbloof  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23929461

I joined the Avsforum just so I could take part in this discussion.

I currently own a Benq 1080ST and two pairs of 3DTVCorp DLP link glasses. Both were at a reasonable price. While I'm fairly happy with the projector I would NOT recommend the 3DTVCorp DLP link glasses.

- Sync: I'm very impressed with their ability to gain and keep sync, no issues with turning my head away from the screen and they even keep sync (or regain it quickly) when I leave my home theater room. (I don't have a bunch of ambient light in my home and my theater room's lighting is completely controlled)

- Cost: Dang, these were inexpensive. Two pairs for slightly more than what other companies were charging for one.

- Fit: They seem comfortable enough. Not as good as my Samsung active pairs for my plasma but they fit over my regular glasses good enough

- Performance: Here's where they fail for me and got me looking here and elsewhere for replacements. The glasses really have to be fairly parallel to the screen and centered (L-R, U-D) to work properly.

If your head is centered to the screen width AND height and you don't turn your head much (or at all) these glasses work fine. However if the center of the screen is higher (vertically) than your eyes you may (or WILL) get cross talk. If your seating placement is not centered (left-right) you'll get cross talk and redish blacks. Even if your perfectly centered (V/H) and your turn your head L-R, U-D you'll get cross talk and redish blacks.

I've even considered raising my chair up a few feet to help fix the problems, however that still leaves me with the Left-Right issue. The 1080ST is projecting a 100" image 7-9 feet away from where my head is while viewing it.

I'm planning on ordering a pair of the "v3.5" (forget the brand) mentioned earlier in this thread to see if they perform better.

#637 ·

I'm using the 3DTV model "DLP2 Pro", came as 2x pair from Amazon for ~$50-60 (I forget). I do not recommend them.

Really, the ghosting and lack of red blockage at a angle is their only down fall. I actually never opened the 2nd pair as the 1st ones battery has not failed yet.

When I first got them I was sitting ~4-5' away at the bottom left corner of the screen - much more than 45D angle, more like 70-80D - very bad ghosting looking up at the screen. I ditched the 77" pull up screen I was using in the living room (could not control the ambient light) and I'm currently projecting on a 100" 1.0 gain screen in one of my bedrooms. Sitting now 7-8' from the screen (with my eyes ~1' above the bottom of it) I get ghosting (I have my head tilted back looking up at the screen) and when I look from side to side the blacks get a red tint. If I stand at the far left or right edge of the screen 5-8' away I get ether ghosting and/or red tint.

This tells me that there's a "sweet spot" in the center of their glasses and if you look off axis to the screen you'll be looking through a slower reacting section of the LCD's. The electrodes to energize the LCD's must be in the center and instead of a matrix of them they are only using one centered one.

#638 ·
Hmm - Then my progressive eyeglass lenses are preventing me from looking through the 3D glasses any other way but through the center, so I don't see or notice the effects you are seeing. My screen is 60" and I sit about 7'-8' away. The new glasses I've ordered should be okay for me then, and for my wife as well. Thanks for the details!

#639 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothoms  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23932607

Has anyone tried these glasses?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-DLP-Link-Glasses-for-BenQ-TS500-TS5275-W626-W700-W710ST-W1070-Projector-HS75-/171098141004?pt=AU_Television_Accessories&hash=item27d63e714c

You should note that according to the header they work with the W1070 projector BUT their specification says 'LCD Refresh Rate:120Hz'. If this is correct then they will NOT WORK! The W1070 requires 144Hz so I would be very careful.

#640 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZReddog  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23933198

You should note that according to the header they work with the W1070 projector BUT their specification says 'LCD Refresh Rate:120Hz'. If this is correct then they will NOT WORK! The W1070 requires 144Hz so I would be very careful.

You are right. Thanks.

#641 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sothoms  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23934404

You are right. Thanks.

No problem, it is easy to be caught out. BUT .... the listing may be in error as many of the suppliers use to show 120Hz in the specs (no pun intended) but they had actually been upgraded to 144Hz and the listing remained unchanged. If you are keen on these then a message to the supplier my sort it out. The price is attractive.

Re Sainsonic Glasses:

jushfbc, be careful with Sainsonic glasses many people have found them uncomfortable due to the plastic bridge pieces. I found this to be the case.

#642 ·
I just found that it is possible to get the same glasses that are sold under the Blue Heaven name from 3DTV at a much lower price. I ordered two pairs and they are out of stock until the 15th but at this price the short wait is worth it.

http://ahugq.vcfpq.servertrust.com/product_p/dlprl.htm

I have tried many brands and I really like these the best. They block the red flash and are very light and are inexpensive.

They are made by Hi Shock.

http://en.hishock.com/product_view.aspx?rId=179&TypeId=192

#644 ·
These look good for people who do not use eyeglasses. But they also look fragile - wouldn't want to leave them anywhere where kids or dogs, or careless adult friends, could harm them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23934572

I just found that it is possible to get the same glasses that are sold under the Blue Heaven name from 3DTV at a much lower price. I ordered two pairs and they are out of stock until the 15th but at this price the short wait is worth it.

I have tried many brands and I really like these the best. They block the red flash and are very light and are inexpensive.

#645 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDAstro  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23934679

These look good for people who do not use eyeglasses. But they also look fragile - wouldn't want to leave them anywhere where kids or dogs, or careless adult friends, could harm them.

I was afraid that they would be fragile but they are much stronger than expected. Any pair can be destroyed by kids, dogs or careless adults. The good part is that they are much less expensive than many $50 or more pairs. They are less fragile than some SanSonic glasses which do not block the red flash very well. What sealed the deal for me is comfort and blockage of the red flash. I wear glasses and the fit over them with no problem. They are also great for people who do not wear glasses. I had friends over and they liked these the best. I will probably order a few more pairs myself.

They are made by a good company Hi Shock. Which makes many other good glasses and they are 4th generation.

At $22 each plus shipping they were worth it for me.

#647 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23937303

Anyone try the GMYLE (TM) Black 144 Hz 3D Active Micro USB Rechargeable Shutter Glasses for $21 shipped?

http://www.amazon.com/GMYLE-Rechargeable-Mitsubishi-ViewSonic-Projector/dp/B00ED9NTW0

Or the Okeba for $22 shipped?

http://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-Rechargeable-Projector-Viewsonic-Mitsubishi/dp/B00AASENXC

I have tried the Okeba and they are not great. They do not block the red flash very well. The Grayson 73 look like another brand that I have tried. and from the looks I don't think they will be great at blocking the red flash.

Go with the 4th generation ones from the link I posted above. They are the best I have found so far and the really block the red flash very well. The glasses have a little lip that makes this possible. They are also very comfortable and made by Hi Shock one of the best producers of 3D glasses. They have raised the prices to $24.

#648 ·
I've already ordered a pair of Clip-ons from 3DTV Corp and I hope they work as well as heavy duty the Hi-Shock pair I have already, especially since I ordered another pair of those as well... I guess it's better to have too many than too few. I won't see the new ones till the end of November as they are coming back from the USA in my wife's luggage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23934718

I was afraid that they would be fragile but they are much stronger than expected. Any pair can be destroyed by kids, dogs or careless adults. The good part is that they are much less expensive than many $50 or more pairs. They are less fragile than some SanSonic glasses which do not block the red flash very well. What sealed the deal for me is comfort and blockage of the red flash. I wear glasses and the fit over them with no problem. They are also great for people who do not wear glasses. I had friends over and they liked these the best. I will probably order a few more pairs myself.

They are made by a good company Hi Shock. Which makes many other good glasses and they are 4th generation.

At $22 each plus shipping they were worth it for me.

#650 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwestley  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/600_100#post_23938637

I have tried the Okeba and they are not great. They do not block the red flash very well. The Grayson 73 look like another brand that I have tried. and from the looks I don't think they will be great at blocking the red flash.

Go with the 4th generation ones from the link I posted above. They are the best I have found so far and the really block the red flash very well. The glasses have a little lip that makes this possible. They are also very comfortable and made by Hi Shock one of the best producers of 3D glasses. They have raised the prices to $24.

How do you know these are 4th gen?

Which one is better? The rechargeable or the battery version?

Battery:

http://www.amazon.com/DLP-LINK-3D-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6

Rechargeable:

http://www.amazon.com/Generation-DLP-Link-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B00E1S65EM

#651 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayson73  /t/1448720/benq-w1070-144hz-compatible-dlp-link-3d-glasses/630#post_23940108

How do you know these are 4th gen?

Which one is better? The rechargeable or the battery version?

Battery:

http://www.amazon.com/DLP-LINK-3D-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B004G2VJM6

Rechargeable:

http://www.amazon.com/Generation-DLP-Link-Glasses-Projectors-Mitsubishi/dp/B00E1S65EM

Several of the ads stated that they are 4th generation. They are also a brand new model made by Hi Shock one of the biggest makers of 3D glasses in China.

Regarding rechargeable vs battery glasses. It is really a matter of preference. Some find it easier to just change the 2030 battery when it dies. With rechargeable glasses one must have an extra pair or two around unless they are regularly charged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.