Forum Jump: 

post #901 of 901 Old 09-24-2014, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubob800 View Post
Just to close the loop, I was not able to find the BenQ "D3" generation glasses being sold anywhere reputable so I went with the Estar ESG601's instead. After doing some basic side-by-side viewing against the D4's, I can say that the Estar's do a much better job of suppressing red flash by comparison.

In bright scenes the glasses are essentially identical, although it's possible that the D4 glasses might be slightly brighter. However, that marginal increase in brightness is not enough to offset their poor treatment of red flash in dark scenes.

I should mention the Estars are noticeably lighter in weight as well. At this point I'm happy enough with the Estar's that I'll be ordering a second pair and returning the D4's.

In conclusion, I have to say I found it surprising that BenQ's own glasses have been outclassed by a third-party brand...and for $20 less. I guess it pays to do a little homework sometimes!

Thanks for the info! I ended up buying the Estar's as well and returned the BenQ's. I couldn't stand the red tint in black. The Estar's are close to perfect...the only two issues I have with them are:

1) Highly reflective..so I get reflections of my cheek/face.
2) When the image on screen has a lot of white...the glasses lose 3d sync and then pop back into 3D when the image doesn't have too much overall white on screen.

Any idea's what might be causing this and how to eliminate it?

** EDIT: I found turning ON Brilliant Color eliminated issue #2 . Also even though 3D perceptually looks darker with brilliant color on in 3D, the colors and hues look more like the 2D version of the film. With it turned OFF, the skin tones look too cool and dead looking for my taste and don't match the 2D version of the film (color temperature wise).

Last edited by scoochie; 09-25-2014 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com