Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #931 of 955 Old 02-08-2015, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Luis Gabriel Gerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 2,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyst0pia View Post
I went ahead and ordered all three of the Incredisonic, Estar, and True Depth. The Incredisonic didn't block out the red tint (and I'm particularly sensitive to that kind of stuff), so that was a no-go. Between the Estar and the True Depth, I found that the Estar sat better on my face over my glasses. So count one vote for the Estars.
I will be getting the True Depth XL tomorrow to compare to my Estars as well so expect a review soon.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
Luis Gabriel Gerena is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #932 of 955 Old 02-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam298 View Post
I contacted them. They are asking to buy it from amazon. They only sell them to reseller.
Different story for me. I followed etatoby's advice and successfully ordered 2 pieces of Estar ESG601glasses. Ms. Nora was really very helpful and had no problems sending me only those two pieces. I was impressed by her service Well, she still asked me why I don't buy it locally so I just replied that they are not available here in Europe (Lithuania to be exact.) 19$x2 for glasses + 15$ shipping via NL post + 2.6$ Paypal fee + 20 EUR for import taxes. All in all 33.5EUR per piece. Thanks for the tips, etatoby!

Finally I had a chance to compare Sainsonic (904) with Estar and confirm all the things that other people had to say.
Sainsonic:
+ smooth viewing
- poor blocking of red colour
- manual button to reverse polarity
Estar:
+ no problems with red color
+ automatic polarity
+ more comfortable and better build quality/design
- a bit distracting reflections

I had a feeling that Sainsonic glasses are marginally better in view smoothness as it was somehow more pleasant to look at the screen. However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
Singas is offline  
post #933 of 955 Old 02-10-2015, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Luis Gabriel Gerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 2,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singas View Post
Different story for me. I followed etatoby's advice and successfully ordered 2 pieces of Estar ESG601glasses. Ms. Nora was really very helpful and had no problems sending me only those two pieces. I was impressed by her service Well, she still asked me why I don't buy it locally so I just replied that they are not available here in Europe (Lithuania to be exact.) 19$x2 for glasses + 15$ shipping via NL post + 2.6$ Paypal fee + 20 EUR for import taxes. All in all 33.5EUR per piece. Thanks for the tips, etatoby!

Finally I had a chance to compare Sainsonic (904) with Estar and confirm all the things that other people had to say.
Sainsonic:
+ smooth viewing
- poor blocking of red colour
- manual button to reverse polarity
Estar:
+ no problems with red color
+ automatic polarity
+ more comfortable and better build quality/design
- a bit distracting reflections

I had a feeling that Sainsonic glasses are marginally better in view smoothness as it was somehow more pleasant to look at the screen. However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
Labas Singas!
Always nice to meet Lithuanians. I just got the True Depth XLs to compare to my Estars so I will be commenting on that over the weekend.
Thanks for your feedback. The more we get the better for other users trying to pick among so many choices.
As tikrai myliu Lietuva

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
Luis Gabriel Gerena is online now  
post #934 of 955 Old 02-10-2015, 11:40 PM
Member
 
Al Toid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Has anyone used the 3DTV Corp DLP-LINK? Are they a good value? DO they fit over glasses? Show red tint?

I am thinking of buying a couple pair of Estar, but was thinking these might be extras for other guests. I don't think I want to buy 10 pair of Estar at $40 a piece. Thoughts?
Al Toid is offline  
post #935 of 955 Old 02-11-2015, 06:40 PM
Member
 
Al Toid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singas View Post
However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
Do you have prescription glasses? How do they fit over those? Also how big are the lenses? What distance do you sit from the screen with these? I am trying to figure out how much of the screen they will cover as well as if they'll go over my glasses.
Al Toid is offline  
post #936 of 955 Old 02-15-2015, 02:48 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post
Labas Singas!
Always nice to meet Lithuanians. I just got the True Depth XLs to compare to my Estars so I will be commenting on that over the weekend.
Thanks for your feedback. The more we get the better for other users trying to pick among so many choices.
As tikrai myliu Lietuva


So How do you find the True Depth in comparison?
chaudhry is offline  
post #937 of 955 Old 02-23-2015, 11:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Loving my New benQ w1070 so far - read the whole thread about glasses and come to conclusion that ill order Estar ESG601.

just want to confirm that this is the right one u all raving about.

http://estar.en.alibaba.com/product/...es_ESG601.html

contacted Nora at alibaba to get 5 glasses, lets see what she says. will let u know. but please do confirm that this is the correct one for benQ w1070.

Thanks
MrAsimOnline is offline  
post #938 of 955 Old 02-25-2015, 11:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Didnt get reply from Alibaba and i see that damn page is also missing from their website, i gues they didn't wanted smaller orders.

Any other recommendation what to buy where to buy , looking to get about,4, to 5 glasses for my BenQ w1070.
MrAsimOnline is offline  
post #939 of 955 Old 02-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
wouldn't be BenQ genuion(so they say) glasses be better option?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...279995143.html

for $25 US. free shipping ??
MrAsimOnline is offline  
post #940 of 955 Old 02-25-2015, 02:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
gamermwm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: OK, USA
Posts: 833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Just get your Estar glasses from Amazon.com thats how pretty much everyone else did

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
gamermwm is offline  
post #941 of 955 Old 02-26-2015, 08:30 PM
Member
 
Al Toid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quick question for you guys. I hooked up my BenQ w1070 tonight and threw in Avatar on Bluray. This edition includes the 3D and 2D version on one disc. I wanted to see how 3d worked on the projector. Based off your recommendations I went with the Estar glasses. The issue arises when I try to select 3d version. The Bluray disc will not allow me to select it. It just keeps stating that it does not recognize the display as being 3D capable. What am I doing wrong? I selected 3D from packing on the projector and it is hooked up to my PS3.

Ideas?
Al Toid is offline  
post #942 of 955 Old 02-26-2015, 08:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Toid View Post
Quick question for you guys. I hooked up my BenQ w1070 tonight and threw in Avatar on Bluray. This edition includes the 3D and 2D version on one disc. I wanted to see how 3d worked on the projector. Based off your recommendations I went with the Estar glasses. The issue arises when I try to select 3d version. The Bluray disc will not allow me to select it. It just keeps stating that it does not recognize the display as being 3D capable. What am I doing wrong? I selected 3D from packing on the projector and it is hooked up to my PS3.

Ideas?
Have you checked your PS3's settings? Go to Display Settings -> Video Output Settings -> HDMI -> Automatic. It should detect the 3D at that point.
Al Toid likes this.
dyst0pia is offline  
post #943 of 955 Old 02-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Member
 
Al Toid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 181
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyst0pia View Post
Have you checked your PS3's settings? Go to Display Settings -> Video Output Settings -> HDMI -> Automatic. It should detect the 3D at that point.
You are a pure genius! That's exactly what the issue was! I didn't even think of going back into the display settings, since the Ps3 was already set up. Doh!

Thank You!
Al Toid is offline  
post #944 of 955 Old 03-01-2015, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
coolcat4843's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 45
My SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 144Hz 3D IR Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses, that I ordered from Amazon, are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Can't wait to finally tryout the 3D feature, on my Benq w1080st projector, hopefully Monday night.

Anybody else have these glasses?
What's the setup procedure?

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
coolcat4843 is offline  
post #945 of 955 Old 03-02-2015, 06:41 AM
Member
 
TLJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a bunch of the SainSonics.
Setup is easy -
Fire up your player
Fire up your sound system
Fire up your projector
Start playing 3D
Hit the 3D button on the Benq remote and select format
turn on the glasses and check if you need to flip sync (short press of the button)
They auto turn off after a while of no signal which is great if you (or your kids forget

You have two 3D viewing setting you can now adjust on the Benq. I found Eco brightness to be very bright

I found the SainSonics dont filter the red great - so i am looking at the Estars for premium viewing - does anyone know what sort of difference I could expect?
TLJester is offline  
post #946 of 955 Old 03-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLJester View Post
I have a bunch of the SainSonics.
Setup is easy -
Fire up your player
Fire up your sound system
Fire up your projector
Start playing 3D
Hit the 3D button on the Benq remote and select format
turn on the glasses and check if you need to flip sync (short press of the button)
They auto turn off after a while of no signal which is great if you (or your kids forget

You have two 3D viewing setting you can now adjust on the Benq. I found Eco brightness to be very bright

I found the SainSonics dont filter the red great - so i am looking at the Estars for premium viewing - does anyone know what sort of difference I could expect?
I didn't try the exact model mentioned above, but I did try the Ultra-Clear. They bled too much of the red in for my tastes. The Estar glasses filtered out the red completely. I highly recommend you give them a shot.
dyst0pia is offline  
post #947 of 955 Old 03-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Advanced Member
 
coolcat4843's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLJester View Post
I have a bunch of the SainSonics.
Setup is easy -
Fire up your player
Fire up your sound system
Fire up your projector
Start playing 3D
Hit the 3D button on the Benq remote and select format
turn on the glasses and check if you need to flip sync (short press of the button)
Don't I have to charge the battery in the glasses first?
If so, for how long?

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
coolcat4843 is offline  
post #948 of 955 Old 03-03-2015, 08:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Has anyone reviewed the True Depth 3D® Firestorm XL Or LT Vs. the EStar America ESG601? If so which is better with the BenQ W1070?
Just_Nick_ is offline  
post #949 of 955 Old 03-04-2015, 10:30 AM
Member
 
TLJester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat4843 View Post
Don't I have to charge the battery in the glasses first?
If so, for how long?
Mine were charged (at least to start using).
I believe its best to store batteries fully charged, so you should be good from day 1. Mine take dozens (or more - i dont keep track) of movies until they need charging again....
TLJester is offline  
post #950 of 955 Old 03-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post
Labas Singas!
Always nice to meet Lithuanians. I just got the True Depth XLs to compare to my Estars so I will be commenting on that over the weekend.
Thanks for your feedback. The more we get the better for other users trying to pick among so many choices.
As tikrai myliu Lietuva

Did you get a chance to compare the true depths XL to The Estars? If So What Was The Outcome?
Just_Nick_ is offline  
post #951 of 955 Old 03-06-2015, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Well I broke down and ordered this projector. It just came in today. I ordered 6 pairs of the Estar glasses for now. Also ordered a replacement bulb.

Screen is going to be around 140". Originally I built a 2.35 screen because of low ceiling and to allow room for front speakers under plus entertainment stand for equipment but I discovered I have room behind wall for speakers so I changed frame to 16:9. I didn't have to buy any lumber for it, I had ripped out a low hung ceiling in kitchen a few years ago and it was sitting in garage. It's 3/4" finished oak, not that I'll be able to see it, but repurposed, I didn't have to spend anything on it.

Can't wait to get a permanent projector installed. My previous 720p projector just sits in the box on the shelf, I just used it on occasion but setup time takes forever so I never used it much. Looking forward to the larger screen and finally a dedicated theater room, besides living room system.

I know this projector is discontinued but manufacture date on box indicates 9/14, so it doesn't appear to be of old stock.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #952 of 955 Old 03-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Movie78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 420
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 30
EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses

http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-.../dp/B00CRN3D98

True Depth 3D® Firestorm XL

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053T5QPW?psc=1


SainSonic Zebra ZB-10 DLP 3D Glasses

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-Zebr...nic+3d+glasses

True Depth 3D® NEW Firestorm LT

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-Lig...pth+3d+glasses

Which of these Glasses got the best 3D viewing?

I have the G15 and want to upgrade.

Thanks!
Movie78 is offline  
post #953 of 955 Old 03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Wichita, KS
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 72
No complaints so far with the Estar glasses. So awesome watching on giant screen. I'm never going to the theater again.

This line intentionally left blank.
tomtastic is offline  
post #954 of 955 Old 03-19-2015, 05:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Luis Gabriel Gerena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Orem, Utah
Posts: 2,731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
EStar America ESG601 DLP Link 3D Glasses

http://www.amazon.com/EStar-America-.../dp/B00CRN3D98

True Depth 3D® Firestorm XL

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0053T5QPW?psc=1


SainSonic Zebra ZB-10 DLP 3D Glasses

http://www.amazon.com/SainSonic-Zebr...nic+3d+glasses

True Depth 3D® NEW Firestorm LT

http://www.amazon.com/True-Depth-Lig...pth+3d+glasses

Which of these Glasses got the best 3D viewing?

I have the G15 and want to upgrade.

Thanks!
The way I see it so far they are all about compromises at least from the ones I have tried.
I can tell you that after getting the TrueDepth XLand now the BenQ DGD5, it is VERY hard for me to wear the Estars. The reflections are just too much. Is like the lower 3rd or more of the glass the contrast is being affected by reflections. I think the small size of the glass is also coming into play here. Maybe with a bigger glass area they will be perfect. but after trying the others, I just cant deal with them any longer. Maybe someone can come up with some mod to help, not sure. On the plus side they have ZERO ghosting nor I notice any changes to the IQ, color, brightness when tilting my head left and right during my tests.

I need to do more tests with the DGD5 but first impressions for me is that it is a step up from the Estar (just wish it had some side plastic covering like the estar) when it comes to reflections but still not as good as the XLs. Not to say the XLs are perfect, indeed in my particular setup I encountered some ghosting (depends on your viewing angle it seems which also affects sharpness a little) but those to me are things that do not affect me 100% of the time like do the reflections with the Estar so for that reason, I find myself using the XL pretty much all the time aside from the occasional change to see how the others look on a particular scene.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
Luis Gabriel Gerena is online now  
post #955 of 955 Old Today, 07:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvink View Post
ALL the above glasses block red flash, and there is no noticeable ghost/crosstalk. Both Sainsonic would lose L/R sync once in a while and require re-syncing by pressing the button (an incident that made my daughter nauseous last night). The benq has the best overall image quality.
Have any of you experienced a weird issue with sainsonic glasses not turning on? I bought a 4 pack and only 1 of the 4 works! The rest flash the red LED when I plug them in but then do nothing... Am I doing something wrong or did I get a package of lemons?
Pkillur is online now  
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off