Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 32 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #931 of 944 Old 02-08-2015, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyst0pia View Post
I went ahead and ordered all three of the Incredisonic, Estar, and True Depth. The Incredisonic didn't block out the red tint (and I'm particularly sensitive to that kind of stuff), so that was a no-go. Between the Estar and the True Depth, I found that the Estar sat better on my face over my glasses. So count one vote for the Estars.
I will be getting the True Depth XL tomorrow to compare to my Estars as well so expect a review soon.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 944 Old 02-10-2015, 07:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam298 View Post
I contacted them. They are asking to buy it from amazon. They only sell them to reseller.
Different story for me. I followed etatoby's advice and successfully ordered 2 pieces of Estar ESG601glasses. Ms. Nora was really very helpful and had no problems sending me only those two pieces. I was impressed by her service Well, she still asked me why I don't buy it locally so I just replied that they are not available here in Europe (Lithuania to be exact.) 19$x2 for glasses + 15$ shipping via NL post + 2.6$ Paypal fee + 20 EUR for import taxes. All in all 33.5EUR per piece. Thanks for the tips, etatoby!

Finally I had a chance to compare Sainsonic (904) with Estar and confirm all the things that other people had to say.
Sainsonic:
+ smooth viewing
- poor blocking of red colour
- manual button to reverse polarity
Estar:
+ no problems with red color
+ automatic polarity
+ more comfortable and better build quality/design
- a bit distracting reflections

I had a feeling that Sainsonic glasses are marginally better in view smoothness as it was somehow more pleasant to look at the screen. However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
post #933 of 944 Old 02-10-2015, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singas View Post
Different story for me. I followed etatoby's advice and successfully ordered 2 pieces of Estar ESG601glasses. Ms. Nora was really very helpful and had no problems sending me only those two pieces. I was impressed by her service Well, she still asked me why I don't buy it locally so I just replied that they are not available here in Europe (Lithuania to be exact.) 19$x2 for glasses + 15$ shipping via NL post + 2.6$ Paypal fee + 20 EUR for import taxes. All in all 33.5EUR per piece. Thanks for the tips, etatoby!

Finally I had a chance to compare Sainsonic (904) with Estar and confirm all the things that other people had to say.
Sainsonic:
+ smooth viewing
- poor blocking of red colour
- manual button to reverse polarity
Estar:
+ no problems with red color
+ automatic polarity
+ more comfortable and better build quality/design
- a bit distracting reflections

I had a feeling that Sainsonic glasses are marginally better in view smoothness as it was somehow more pleasant to look at the screen. However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
Labas Singas!
Always nice to meet Lithuanians. I just got the True Depth XLs to compare to my Estars so I will be commenting on that over the weekend.
Thanks for your feedback. The more we get the better for other users trying to pick among so many choices.
As tikrai myliu Lietuva

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #934 of 944 Old 02-11-2015, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Has anyone used the 3DTV Corp DLP-LINK? Are they a good value? DO they fit over glasses? Show red tint?

I am thinking of buying a couple pair of Estar, but was thinking these might be extras for other guests. I don't think I want to buy 10 pair of Estar at $40 a piece. Thoughts?
post #935 of 944 Old 02-11-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singas View Post
However the difference was too small so I'm confidently voting for ESG601.
Do you have prescription glasses? How do they fit over those? Also how big are the lenses? What distance do you sit from the screen with these? I am trying to figure out how much of the screen they will cover as well as if they'll go over my glasses.
post #936 of 944 Old 02-15-2015, 03:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post
Labas Singas!
Always nice to meet Lithuanians. I just got the True Depth XLs to compare to my Estars so I will be commenting on that over the weekend.
Thanks for your feedback. The more we get the better for other users trying to pick among so many choices.
As tikrai myliu Lietuva

So How do you find the True Depth in comparison?
post #937 of 944 Old 02-23-2015, 12:34 PM

Loving my New benQ w1070 so far - read the whole thread about glasses and come to conclusion that ill order Estar ESG601.

just want to confirm that this is the right one u all raving about.

http://estar.en.alibaba.com/product/...es_ESG601.html

contacted Nora at alibaba to get 5 glasses, lets see what she says. will let u know. but please do confirm that this is the correct one for benQ w1070.

Thanks
post #938 of 944 Old 02-25-2015, 12:34 PM

Didnt get reply from Alibaba and i see that damn page is also missing from their website, i gues they didn't wanted smaller orders.

Any other recommendation what to buy where to buy , looking to get about,4, to 5 glasses for my BenQ w1070.
post #939 of 944 Old 02-25-2015, 12:42 PM

wouldn't be BenQ genuion(so they say) glasses be better option?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...279995143.html

for $25 US. free shipping ??
post #940 of 944 Old 02-25-2015, 03:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Just get your Estar glasses from Amazon.com thats how pretty much everyone else did

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #941 of 944 Old 02-26-2015, 09:30 PM

Quick question for you guys. I hooked up my BenQ w1070 tonight and threw in Avatar on Bluray. This edition includes the 3D and 2D version on one disc. I wanted to see how 3d worked on the projector. Based off your recommendations I went with the Estar glasses. The issue arises when I try to select 3d version. The Bluray disc will not allow me to select it. It just keeps stating that it does not recognize the display as being 3D capable. What am I doing wrong? I selected 3D from packing on the projector and it is hooked up to my PS3.

Ideas?
post #942 of 944 Old 02-26-2015, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Toid View Post
Quick question for you guys. I hooked up my BenQ w1070 tonight and threw in Avatar on Bluray. This edition includes the 3D and 2D version on one disc. I wanted to see how 3d worked on the projector. Based off your recommendations I went with the Estar glasses. The issue arises when I try to select 3d version. The Bluray disc will not allow me to select it. It just keeps stating that it does not recognize the display as being 3D capable. What am I doing wrong? I selected 3D from packing on the projector and it is hooked up to my PS3.

Ideas?
Have you checked your PS3's settings? Go to Display Settings -> Video Output Settings -> HDMI -> Automatic. It should detect the 3D at that point.
Al Toid likes this.
post #943 of 944 Old 02-26-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyst0pia View Post
Have you checked your PS3's settings? Go to Display Settings -> Video Output Settings -> HDMI -> Automatic. It should detect the 3D at that point.
You are a pure genius! That's exactly what the issue was! I didn't even think of going back into the display settings, since the Ps3 was already set up. Doh!

Thank You!
post #944 of 944 Unread Today, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 44
My SainSonic SSZ-200DLB 144Hz 3D IR Active Rechargeable Shutter Glasses, that I ordered from Amazon, are scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
Can't wait to finally tryout the 3D feature, on my Benq w1080st projector, hopefully Monday night.

Anybody else have these glasses?
What's the setup procedure?

Benq W1080ST DLP 3D Projector
Sony BDP-S5200 3D Blu-ray Player
Denon X4000 Receiver
Pioneer SP-FS52 Tower Speaker x 4
Pioneer SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
PSA XS15se Subwoofer x 2
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com