Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #991 of 1017 Old 10-24-2015, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1017 Old 10-24-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Good.
post #993 of 1017 Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I see SainSonic SSZ-200DLB for 15.99 each on sainsonic.com
Is that the normal price for these glasses?
Amazon is $22..

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen
post #994 of 1017 Old 12-12-2015, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachmanowicz View Post
Wow, and I srsly came here thinking "I'ma just gonna buy some glasses".

And wham bam, there's loads of science and tradeoffs.
Yeah me too. Could someone update the 1st post maybe with the top recomendations and their pros and cons. Just to make it a bit easier to roll through the information from all these posts?
post #995 of 1017 Old 12-12-2015, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok so the BenQ DGD5 seem to be the consensus now but seeing reviews on other sites seem say they have a buzzing sound.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
post #996 of 1017 Old 12-13-2015, 05:38 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles3 View Post
Ok so the BenQ DGD5 seem to be the consensus now but seeing reviews on other sites seem say they have a buzzing sound.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
You can't go wrong with Estar glasses, I have them as well as the BenQ D3 (and D4 for a short period). They are definitely superior to those BenQ models though I haven't had any experience with the D5 model.
post #997 of 1017 Old 12-14-2015, 01:25 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I order two pairs SainSonic SSz-200DLB for half the price of the Estar. They worked great for me, so I ordered two more, will have 4 shortly

post #998 of 1017 Old 12-14-2015, 02:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have tried the DGD5 , the ESTAR and the Firestorm XL.
The ESTAR as the best though not perfect. I made them closer to perfect by completely covering the surrounding areas to block any light from my face and reflections. I look weird but it works awesome.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #999 of 1017 Old 12-25-2015, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Hi
I got two G15's from ebay.
Works great, 144Hz, no red tint with my P1500 projector, lightweight, etc.
However after a few days one glasses goes out of sync with dlp link flashes, started strange color flashing.
At the same time the other G15 worked well, so it's not a pj. issue. I waited several second, but still no sync.
The glasses and battery is new, have more than 3V, and sensor is clear, not dirty.
What's going on? I had to switch off the glasses and back, and it worked without any error until the end of movie.
So it only happened one time (after 5-6 movies), but what is the reason of this?
I thinked buying 10 G15's, and made 3D projection for small groups, but now i cannot work with this issue.
Anybody experienced this?

My other question: G15 with rechargable batteries exist? (i don't like trash the batteries)
post #1000 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 92
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyoyo-144Hz-...sAAOSwFnFWFMBY

Anyone tried these Eyoyo 144hz glasses yet? They look NICE! Higher quality look than the cheap but excellent performing G15's. I'm just afraid that they will be like many of the Sainsonic and other cheap brands that come with a L/R button & always come on inverted (and you always have to press the button to turn them back EVERY TIME they come on! lol). Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eyoyo.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1165818  

What is the meaning of life?
www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1001 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Let us know if you do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamermwm View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eyoyo-144Hz-...sAAOSwFnFWFMBY

Anyone tried these Eyoyo 144hz glasses yet? They look NICE! Higher quality look than the cheap but excellent performing G15's. I'm just afraid that they will be like many of the Sainsonic and other cheap brands that come with a L/R button & always come on inverted (and you always have to press the button to turn them back EVERY TIME they come on! lol). Image attached.
I have not tried it but please let us know if you do. I have tried a pair of G15s (that my wife accidentally stepped on and broke) that I was happy with except for the non-rechargeable battery. If this is about the same quality but with a rechargeable battery then that is exactly what I am looking for!
post #1002 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 09:39 AM

I have one. Not too bad.
3D quality is the same as the G15, but still not comfortable enough (on my nose).
The most comfortable was the ultraclear ones. But mines doesn't support 144Hz, and make a quite, but audible noise.
Yes, noise at 120Hz rate

Now i ordered one Gonbes G05 from ebay. A little more expensive, but looks very good: rechargable batteries,
black color, hopefully no swap button, and i read positive reviews on Amazon.

hope this helps!
post #1003 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
I have not tried it but please let us know if you do. I have tried a pair of G15s (that my wife accidentally stepped on and broke) that I was happy with except for the non-rechargeable battery. If this is about the same quality but with a rechargeable battery then that is exactly what I am looking for!
Yes they are rechargeable and look like good quality, but if they have the invert issue upon powering on (like most cheap Ebay glasses except the G15's) I will have to return them and I can't deal with all of that right now. Perhaps someone else with a 144hz PJ can take the plunge and see how good these are

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxman View Post
I have one. Not too bad.
3D quality is the same as the G15, but still not comfortable enough (on my nose).
The most comfortable was the ultraclear ones. But mines doesn't support 144Hz, and make a quite, but audible noise.
Yes, noise at 120Hz rate

Now i ordered one Gonbes G05 from ebay. A little more expensive, but looks very good: rechargable batteries,
black color, hopefully no swap button, and i read positive reviews on Amazon.

hope this helps!
So you were not using these with a 144hz DLP PJ? I use a Beng W1500 so 144hz performance is all I'm worried about.

www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1004 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Reposting this in case anyone is not familiar with the Inverted upon Powering On issue:

Quote:
Quote:Originally Posted by deez 

Just got this pair of Incredisonics in today, no red flash, great pq and no crosstalk I can see, only thing is I tried these for a short while in the day and there are reflections from the window behind me, not distracting but there. I'll let you know about a darkened room alter tonite but other than that you can't beat these for the price. The other brand I have is the Saisonics.

Quote:Originally Posted by gamermwm 

I just ordered a pair. They look comparable to the Estar America glasses which the reviews all say are identical to the Optoma name brands. I love the Estar glasses, as they are the best ones I own. I don't know if these ones will be as good, they are a little different but they are a little cheaper and I'm willing to give them a shot! I'll let you know what I think. $21.95 w/Prime shipping

As the poster above me noted, the performance of these glasses would be okay - there is no noticeable red, and there is no warm/cool tint when you turn your head from side to side. Excellent performance. Comfort is also a big plus. Unlike the Estar America's, these glasses fit VERY well over prescription glasses, and stay in place with minimal sliding/moving around. There are 3 included nose pieces for you to decide on. The glasses are rechargeable and come precharged

The lone, major drawback is HUGE though. When I turned the glasses on, they would automatically be set to invert the image (left/right eye views). I would have to press the power button to switch views every time. I tried turning the glasses off in each case, but whether I turned them off while inverted or not, every time I went to power them back on they were always inverted again.

My go-to test for this is the Wizard of Oz in 3D on chapter 3 right at the 2:10-2:11 mark when Dorothy picks up Toto and holds him close to her face. When the glasses are inverted ghosting/crosstalk is clearly evident on the left side of Toto's face and is quite noticeable

For this reason I would not suggest these over the more expensive Estar glasses. It is most definitely a defect, and I would like to know if it is just my pair, a certain batch, or all of them. I will be contacting the manufacturer. I feel sorry for anyone who does not notice this issue as the ghosting/crosstalk from watching an inverted image will give you eye fatigue and quite possibly a headache if you inadvertently watched a whole movie that way (I have a pair of Sainsonic Rainbows that do the same thing)
----------------

Here's the long overdue follow up with my contacting Incredisonic about their glasses' invert issue:

Quote:
Website Form Submission Comments: IncrediSonic Vue Series 3D TV Active Glasses (VSD410) 3D EVERY TIME without fail - that I turn on these glasses the eyes are in reverse. What is supposed to be the left eye image is in the right eye and what is in the right is in the left. I would like a refund or replacement
-------------------
Hey Mike, there is a way to reverse this, its the shutter one side is supposed to be shuttering on the other side, I believe once they are on, press the power button once to reverse this, please let me know if this works at your earliest and also the make and model and year of the projector you have.

James
----------------------
Mike wrote:
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I already knew about that. But I don't want to have to do that every time when I am handing out 3d glasses to guests and have to explain this to them and check to make sure they did it right - so that they don't see excessive crosstalk and get eye fatigue & dizziness from the images being switched

I have other good 3D glasses that do not have this defect or problem. I am using a Benq W1500 144Hz 3D projector
-------------------
Hey Mike,

Not sure, I do know that this is all we have to offer, I understand your frustration, are you familiar with other 3D glasses that dont require the switching? If not, perhaps there is a setting on the projector so when showing 3D content, it will shutter from right to left?

James
-----------------------

As you can see Incredisonic acknowledged the issue, and only told me things I already knew. Their only solution was to tell me to press the button each time (Duh) or for me to swich my PJ setup to inverted, but what about the other people wearing other brands of 3D glasses in the same viewing that are working fine? That would mess up/invert their image. Anyways as you can see I hate this issue with the cheaper Ebay glasses. Very frustrating.

www.iamsecond.com/films
post #1005 of 1017 Old 01-06-2016, 11:32 PM

Quote:
So you were not using these with a 144hz DLP PJ? I use a Beng W1500 so 144hz performance is all I'm worried about.

I use it but only for 30/60Hz videos at 120 Hz.
As i know you can find 144Hz ultraclear glasses too nowadays!
post #1006 of 1017 Old 01-10-2016, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have asked this in the under $3000 front projector section...
I recently got the benq ht1075 and am using the True Depth firestorm LT glasses. I watched Avatar, Tron, and Transformers 3d bluray through a Sony bluray player. I sit about 8 feet from a 100 inch screen. The 3d depth effect is not that great as opposed to when I watch the same movies through a LG active 3d plasma at the same distance.

However, when I watch Imax movies especially Under the Sea from a USB drive....WOW there is so much depth and the scene with the big fish has never popped out of the screen like this before and it's literally a few inches from my face.

So would a different pair of glasses make the bluray disc make those movie pop out more? Could it be the Sony player?

I'm thinking about trying the Estars glasses.
post #1007 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 12:27 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have read the last pages here trying to figure out what glasses to buy.

As far as I can tell the ESG601 is a safe way to go. The problem is that these will cost more than the original Benq when buying from Amazon.

$39.99 + $45.75 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit to Norway.

So I need a different par of glasses that dont cost 75$ a piece.

Will any of these be a safe pick or is there a different modell that is recommended that I can buy from ebay or aliexpress?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Origi...279995143.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-2...2-eb6b455461e9

http://www.sainsonic.com/sainsonic-1...enq-w1070.html

BTW, are these the same as Estar? Modell number is the same, but they are called ystar.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...299997764.html

Last edited by svortevik; 01-28-2016 at 12:35 AM.
post #1008 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 12:30 AM

I do not recomment the second. G15 has very weak leg, already broked one. But the shutter quality is good.
Also, i prefer rechargable batteries, so i wait my G05 now. Looks like the best.
post #1009 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 02:30 AM

post #1010 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 02:33 AM

post #1011 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 02:47 AM

Thank you.

Report back when you have tested them

Last edited by svortevik; 01-28-2016 at 07:21 AM.
post #1012 of 1017 Old 01-28-2016, 02:50 AM

It's in my hand finally.
Will test this evening.
post #1013 of 1017 Old 01-29-2016, 05:54 AM

How was the G05?
post #1014 of 1017 Old 01-29-2016, 01:14 PM

It is very good! No red tint, refresh at 144Hz, no ghosting, comfortable, rechargable, big lenses, matt black color, what else we need?
Not the cheapest, but not too expensive. I tried almost 10 different brands until today, and think i found the best. Recommended!
I have Acer P1500.
post #1015 of 1017 Old 01-29-2016, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I have tested many and the way I see it so far they are all about compromises at least from the ones I have tried.

I can tell you that after getting the TrueDepth XLand now the BenQ DGD5, it is was hard for me to wear the Estars. The reflections were just too much. Is like the lower 3rd or more of the glass the contrast is being affected by reflections. I think the small size of the glass is also coming into play here. Maybe with a bigger glass area they will be perfect. but after trying the others, I just couldnt deal with them any longer.

The DGD5 for me was step up from the Estar (just wish it had some side plastic covering like the estar) when it comes to reflections but still not as good as the XLs. Not to say the XLs are perfect, indeed in my particular setup I encountered too much ghosting and weird color/sharpness shifting (depends on your viewing angle)just tilting your head a bit either which proved to be unacceptable for me.

So in the end what did I choose?

I added some fabric around the Estar frame to block light and reflections and BOOM...they now rock and are the best of all 3. If I had to choose one without mod, I would go with the DGD5 even though in back and forth testing I keep swearing they were lowering contrast or brightness compared to the others. Without ghosting and that shifting, the XL would have been great but as things stand now...I would just buy the ESTAR and mod them to cover reflections if I were buying again. It makes for a much more immersive experience this way so thats a plus.

Regards

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #1016 of 1017 Old 01-29-2016, 01:28 PM

DGD5 has thin legs. Have you tried G05? I like it's legs too! Seems sturdy.
post #1017 of 1017 Old Today, 07:52 AM

Liked: 4
which gonbes g05

hi guys, need some quick help. There seems to be two versions of the gonbes g05, see below. Let me know which one you would recommend

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gonbes-G05-D...EAAOSwNyFWc7o5

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-Gonbes-14...algo=undefined

I am looking this for my benq HT 1075. thanks

Snell Aii/ Audio-GD Compass 2/ Aragon 4004
Snell Civ/ Schiit Bifrost uber Gen2/ Accuphase P-300
ESS Translinear I/ Schiit Modi/ Adcom 545 mkii
PS-15x +Dayton SA1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector