Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 35 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #1021 of 1049 Old 04-22-2016, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I vote for G05, but don't have experiences with other
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatric View Post
OK guys this threat has been active since ages and I think we should keep it the same way.

Earlier I posted that I have bought Benq HT1075 and now the same is installed and running just awesome. However I have still not bought any 3D glasses for it.

After going through recent posts looks like I have 4 options -

1. Estar
2. G05
3. Benq D05
4. True depth XL

I will be buying this from aliexpress as I need delivery in India. Can you recommend which one to go for finally and will appreciate if you can share eBay links for the same. Need 4 quantity.

Cheers and peace !
The Estars used to be my favorite ones after making some modifications (basically adding cloth all around to complete block the outside world.
But now the new True Depth are my favorites when comparing all how they come out of the box.

I have tried pretty much all available glasses for my BenQ projector and the Firestorm LT 2.0 takes the top spot currently!

They are VERY comfortable first of all but fit tightly without movement which is important to me.
The power button also works as an inverse option in case your 3D movie is looking odd, push the button once and it will invert the 3D effect. Very cool feature!
The charging port is the common USB you use for your cellphones...no more weird proprietary or rare port! Great change!

Unlike the Estar 601 (my previous favorite after modifications) or the previous Firestorm edition (and the BenQ glasses for that matter), there are NO reflections on the glass from your face on this one. This is HUGE because those reflections cut on the contrast and make things look hazy.

I did not detect any Ghosting on this one unlike the previous version of the True Depth so its a BIG improvement in that regards too.
The only downside to me is not having a side "cover" like the previous gen and I wish the glass was a bit bigger because I sit 12' from a 12' wide screen so it almost didn't fit ..but I don't think such setup is common so I can understand the choices.
I also noticed there is a slight color change from wearing the glasses...seems like its cutting on the red a bit more than the others but not a big problem to adjust that, in fact depending on your current settings, you may like it more. In any case is much easier to correct that than getting rid of reflections on the others.
This is better than any other glasses right now including their previous versions.

Overall, no is not perfect but in its stock configuration this IS the best option on the market in my book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09338.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1401570   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09331.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	1401586   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09333.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	1401594   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09335.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1401602   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09341.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1401610  

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
If dolphins are so smart...why do they live in igloos?
post #1023 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:19 AM

People are different.

"push the button once and it will invert the 3D effect. Very cool feature!"

Very cool? I hate this feature on the glasses. I searched especially a glasses without this feature,
and like that Gonbes doesn't have it. The reason: when i invert my glasses, how can i know
in which state are the other glasses? (i have 8 pcs now..)
The better method: inverting in the projector's menu, so all glasses will have the same sync.

But honestly, i never used invert function, because 3D bluray hdmi 1.4 is a standard my SBS
and OU movies also works always in correct sync from the start.
On my old 720p (non hdmi 1.4) projector i used often, but finally Acer P1500 works great!

People are different
post #1024 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxman View Post
People are different.

"push the button once and it will invert the 3D effect. Very cool feature!"

Very cool? I hate this feature on the glasses. I searched especially a glasses without this feature,
and like that Gonbes doesn't have it. The reason: when i invert my glasses, how can i know
in which state are the other glasses? (i have 8 pcs now..)
The better method: inverting in the projector's menu, so all glasses will have the same sync.

But honestly, i never used invert function, because 3D bluray hdmi 1.4 is a standard my SBS
and OU movies also works always in correct sync from the start.
On my old 720p (non hdmi 1.4) projector i used often, but finally Acer P1500 works great!

People are different
mmm whats really there to hate? Its in the middle of the glass so you are NOT going to push it by accident. You can use it or ignore it so doesnt hurt you if you dont like it so really, makes no sense to consider it an issue.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1025 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Yes, a child can push it accidently for example. Or an adult, who don't know where to handle, what is it, etc.
Without this feature, when my glasses is ok, i KNOW that everyone's glasses are the same
post #1026 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes, a child can push it accidently for example. Or an adult, who don't know where to handle, what is it, etc.
Without this feature, when my glasses is ok, i KNOW that everyone's glasses are the same
I am sorry man but you sure like to make a mountain out of a molehill. But whatever, not for you then. Carry on.
Regards

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1027 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:33 AM

Why don't you invert with the pj. remote?

I had many cases in the past, where some glasses was inverted some not - at the same time.
It was because the invert button was the same as the power on..
post #1028 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Why don't you invert with the pj. remote?
Dude seriously...its all good, you dont like WE get it, stop beating a dead horse.
Regards

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1029 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:37 AM

I? This was just my opinon, and tried to help for people like me, who use many glasses at the same time.
post #1030 of 1049 Old 04-24-2016, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I? This was just my opinon, and tried to help for people like me, who use many glasses at the same time.
Great and you expressed it already. Good for you.
Regards

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1031 of 1049 Old 04-28-2016, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Hi Luis,

I have a similar assortment of glasses - 2 pair of the Estar, 2 pair of the battery-powered Pergear (the generic type with the removable side pieces) and a pair of the TrueDepth Firestorm LT. These are used with my Vivitek H1186.

I converted the Firestorm's into a clip-on for my prescription glasses and am very pleased with the result. Brightness is about the same as with the Estar and color is very close between them. I can manage the occasional inversion. I'm very happy with the Estar image quality and ease of use (no inversion) for other family members who do not wear prescription glasses. The Pergear are just there when we have extra guests

-------------
post #1032 of 1049 Old 04-28-2016, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPete View Post
Hi Luis,

I have a similar assortment of glasses - 2 pair of the Estar, 2 pair of the battery-powered Pergear (the generic type with the removable side pieces) and a pair of the TrueDepth Firestorm LT. These are used with my Vivitek H1186.

I converted the Firestorm's into a clip-on for my prescription glasses and am very pleased with the result. Brightness is about the same as with the Estar and color is very close between them. I can manage the occasional inversion. I'm very happy with the Estar image quality and ease of use (no inversion) for other family members who do not wear prescription glasses. The Pergear are just there when we have extra guests
Oh yeah I have a lot of glasses now..much more than guests
The one thing I never liked about the Estars was the reflection of your own face for example which robs a lot of contrast but the new Firestorm completely eliminated that. I just wish it had more covers on the sides but I am biased because of my "modded" Estar being completely surrounded by fabric to isolate my from anything but the screen

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1033 of 1049 Old 04-30-2016, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Again Guys !

So i have ordered 1 quantity of the G05, however i am unable to find Estar anywhere on Aliexpress now. On ebay.com it is just too expensive.

Any suggestions which one should i buy now ? Delivery location is India.

p.s. - The LT 2.0 was not shipping to India.

Peace !
post #1034 of 1049 Old 04-30-2016, 10:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcatric View Post
Hello Again Guys !

So i have ordered 1 quantity of the G05, however i am unable to find Estar anywhere on Aliexpress now. On ebay.com it is just too expensive.

Any suggestions which one should i buy now ? Delivery location is India.

p.s. - The LT 2.0 was not shipping to India.

Peace !
mmmm that is kind of my order of preference right now:

#1 LT 2.0
#2 Estars
#3 BenQ

So if you cannot order the others one, at least for me, you pick the right next best option.

Mario Lemieux is GOD!
Go Pens!!!
Aguante Boca!!!
post #1035 of 1049 Old 05-24-2016, 02:25 PM

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Guys,
have anyone tried the 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses?
Has good reviews on Amazon but want to check if anyone has first hand experience.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Clear-Re...TVKH9R3Q6F1J89

I am looking for a set for my BenQ W1070.

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen, 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses
post #1036 of 1049 Old 05-24-2016, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post
Guys,
have anyone tried the 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses?
Has good reviews on Amazon but want to check if anyone has first hand experience.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Clear-Re...TVKH9R3Q6F1J89

I am looking for a set for my BenQ W1070.
Yes, I have both the 3DHeaven's and the EStar's. It's hard to tell the difference in quality as far as I'm concerned. If you like one you should like the other.
post #1037 of 1049 Old 05-24-2016, 07:50 PM

Thanks. Just ordered the Ultra clear HD. Will see how they turn out.
post #1038 of 1049 Old 06-04-2016, 08:28 AM

I have used the Ultra Clear HD glasses for a couple of movies now. they are great, no cross talk, no flicker and the feel is pretty good as well. I would recommend them.
I watched Edge of Tomorrow yesterday and it was amazing.

Now, the next thing is to see what are good sources of DLP 3D online? Any suggestions?

7.1 HT Setup: EMPTek E55Ti (L&R), E56Ci (Center), E5Bi (side and rear surrounds), SVS PB-2000, DENON AVR x2100W, BENQ W1070, SilverTicket 110" screen, 3DHeaven ultra clear HD glasses
post #1039 of 1049 Old 06-13-2016, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Based on the inputs in this thread we started out with the G15's. We loved the pricetag and the fact that they're easy to wear with prescription glasses and without having anything to compare them with we were pretty satisfied with the quality. However, after having watched three or four movies we hated them. They seriously hurt on the noseridge if you don't mod them with something soft and that giant battery compartment right between the eyes became really annoying.

Instead we ordered a single pair of the Gonbes G05's to compare with and loved them so much that we ordered three more.
Although a different design to the prescription glasses-friendly G15's we have no problems whatsoever wearing them with regular glasses. They don't obstruct your vision as the G15's battery compartment does and they are MUCH more comfortable for two hours straight. With the G15's (and with all cinema passive glasses I've tried) I've found myself constantly fiddling with them to make them sit properly, and I don't do that with the G05's.

They may not offer the best performance image-wise, but for us they are a great buy. So thanks for the advice!

Benq W1070+ // 128" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250/SW-12 & Mission 737 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3
post #1040 of 1049 Old 06-21-2016, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
@kutzon
"giant battery compartment right between the eyes"

Is this really an issue with them? They look pretty much the same as the LT2.0 to me (in terms of the space between the eyes for the battery) and those are highly regarded by others so is this really a problem? I ask because have 2x pairs of G15 on order and should be here today or tomorrow but after reading some comments in this thread i'm now considering other 'better' pairs and might keep the G15's for guests and backups.

Thought id also help others (who are annoyed by the 'disposable' batteries in the G15) that might not know;
Yes! You certainly can get rechargeable '2032' batteries for the G15's.

(as I am newbie and cant post links I will post the EBAY ITEM NUMBER/s, just paste it into ebay search bar.)
Disclaimer; These are only a quick example! Do your research first as you will probably find yourself better deals

Anyways onto my main question.
I just came across some "G08" glasses, does anyone have any experience with these ones? To me they look very much like a copy/clone of the LT 2.0 and looks great for my needs since they come with the clip on for prescriptions.

EBAY ITEM NUMBER; 252392715947

Peace
post #1041 of 1049 Old 06-22-2016, 07:28 AM

For us the location of the battery compartment between the eyes on the G15's is a problem, but it may not be for others. Keep in mind my girlfriend and I are both using prescription glasses; people who don't may not feel it's a problem. But we still think the Gonbes glasses are much better in all aspects of comfort.

EDIT: I just took a photo to compare the G15's and the G05's, maybe it makes more sense now.

Benq W1070+ // 128" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250/SW-12 & Mission 737 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3
post #1042 of 1049 Old 06-22-2016, 07:28 AM

Here's the photo:

post #1043 of 1049 Old 06-24-2016, 04:55 AM

Thanks mate, ill get a pair of those now I have these ones to compare my main concern is wearing corrective glasses underneath, I received the G15 yesterday and I agree the battery compartment feels slightly uncomfortable against my forehead when wearing by themselves for long periods (not that it actually effects vision at all I think its that raised bump that's the problem) and also without modding they sat on top the prescription frames making them very uncomfortable after a while but a tiny strip of adhesive foam as padding on the bridge makes them sit a bit higher and has fixed both issues for now.

I also realised i was wrong about that battery as it is a 2025 not the 2032 i mentioned, you can also get a rechargeable ML2025 which might be the way to go although from what I can ee they seem about as expensive as a set of these glasses themselves so not sure its a good option.
post #1044 of 1049 Old 06-24-2016, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.5 View Post
Thanks mate, ill get a pair of those now I have these ones to compare my main concern is wearing corrective glasses underneath, I received the G15 yesterday and I agree the battery compartment feels slightly uncomfortable against my forehead when wearing by themselves for long periods (not that it actually effects vision at all I think its that raised bump that's the problem) and also without modding they sat on top the prescription frames making them very uncomfortable after a while but a tiny strip of adhesive foam as padding on the bridge makes them sit a bit higher and has fixed both issues for now.

I also realised i was wrong about that battery as it is a 2025 not the 2032 i mentioned, you can also get a rechargeable ML2025 which might be the way to go although from what I can ee they seem about as expensive as a set of these glasses themselves so not sure its a good option.
"I think its that raised bump that's the problem"

I actually was talking about the bump on either side of the nose under the battery compartment and how they make them sit on my particular face, but i also agree for some reason that compartment made my forehead feel feel kind of weird having it sitting there for hours.
post #1045 of 1049 Old 07-07-2016, 06:52 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gabriel Gerena View Post
The Estars used to be my favorite ones after making some modifications (basically adding cloth all around to complete block the outside world.
But now the new True Depth are my favorites when comparing all how they come out of the box.

I have tried pretty much all available glasses for my BenQ projector and the Firestorm LT 2.0 takes the top spot currently!

They are VERY comfortable first of all but fit tightly without movement which is important to me.
The power button also works as an inverse option in case your 3D movie is looking odd, push the button once and it will invert the 3D effect. Very cool feature!
The charging port is the common USB you use for your cellphones...no more weird proprietary or rare port! Great change!

Unlike the Estar 601 (my previous favorite after modifications) or the previous Firestorm edition (and the BenQ glasses for that matter), there are NO reflections on the glass from your face on this one. This is HUGE because those reflections cut on the contrast and make things look hazy.

I did not detect any Ghosting on this one unlike the previous version of the True Depth so its a BIG improvement in that regards too.
The only downside to me is not having a side "cover" like the previous gen and I wish the glass was a bit bigger because I sit 12' from a 12' wide screen so it almost didn't fit ..but I don't think such setup is common so I can understand the choices.
I also noticed there is a slight color change from wearing the glasses...seems like its cutting on the red a bit more than the others but not a big problem to adjust that, in fact depending on your current settings, you may like it more. In any case is much easier to correct that than getting rid of reflections on the others.
This is better than any other glasses right now including their previous versions.

Overall, no is not perfect but in its stock configuration this IS the best option on the market in my book.
-----

Nice find, I think this are very similar glasses:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...1-ba97ffe8b317
post #1046 of 1049 Old 07-07-2016, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.5 View Post
@kutzon
Anyways onto my main question.
I just came across some "G08" glasses, does anyone have any experience with these ones? To me they look very much like a copy/clone of the LT 2.0 and looks great for my needs since they come with the clip on for prescriptions.
I order one pair of G08 off of ebay. I changed them to the clip on style and they are more comfortable than the regular glasses over my glasses. The 3D was fine and, if needed, the sync can be changed on the glasses.
post #1047 of 1049 Old 07-08-2016, 12:32 AM

Liked: 22
What refresh rate do I need to set on my computer in order to achieve 144hz on my 3d glasses? Is it 24, 50 or 60 Hertz

When I have 50Hz set on the computer, I feel my eyes get very tired after a few minutes. What is the best way?

my projector:
BenQ HT3050

my glasses:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3d-gl...d-f4bd60349db8

Last edited by EugF; 07-08-2016 at 12:38 AM.
post #1048 of 1049 Old 07-15-2016, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I've been reading this thread for a long time now and I was going to hit the buy button on the Firestorm XL, but I stopped and came here to ask first.

1. Firestorm XL
2. Firestorm LT 2.0 (I'm not happy about the small size of the lens)
3. Ultra-Clear (only one opinion stating they're similar to the EStar's)

I was between those, what's your opinion? Thanks!

My projector is an Optoma gt1080.
post #1049 of 1049 Old Today, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugF View Post
What refresh rate do I need to set on my computer in order to achieve 144hz on my 3d glasses? Is it 24, 50 or 60 Hertz

When I have 50Hz set on the computer, I feel my eyes get very tired after a few minutes. What is the best way?

my projector:
BenQ HT3050

my glasses:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3d-gl...d-f4bd60349db8

Try 60p using SBS or o/v instead of 50p files. Otherwise 24p should work the best (in terms of flicker) in frame packed mode at 144hz. In terms of smoothness / overall 3D effect, I prefer 60 fps in side by side mode (typically from interpolation). Pretty sure the 3D glasses then get synced to 120hz with 60hz input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page