Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 25Likes

post #1051 of 1059 Old 07-29-2016, 03:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 612 Post(s)
Liked: 238
I have never used any 3d glasses with my ht1075.

I am sitting about 6-7' from a 100" screen and am concerned about the 'battery box' i.e. the dead space between left and right frames. I can barely see the whole width of the screen with both eyes due to my nose getting in the way even without glasses.

(by the way sitting close like that is just awesome for the immersion effect with neo:x 11.1 heighth/width surround sound expansion, though the extra eye movement also makes the rainbows more noticeable)

I am also concerned about the comfort and weight, plus my glancing over the thread shows that there are considerations on image quality too.

Price is also a factor although for a benq not expecting any of the options to be extremely pricey.

Does anyone have a summary chart with the currently available options listed and their strengths/weaknesses described? I am completely new to 3D and sort of lost here, but I would like to watch Avatar and Edge of Tomorrow in 3D since the projector is capable. thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1059 Old 08-07-2016, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylJosie View Post
I have never used any 3d glasses with my ht1075.

I am sitting about 6-7' from a 100" screen and am concerned about the 'battery box' i.e. the dead space between left and right frames. I can barely see the whole width of the screen with both eyes due to my nose getting in the way even without glasses.

(by the way sitting close like that is just awesome for the immersion effect with neo:x 11.1 heighth/width surround sound expansion, though the extra eye movement also makes the rainbows more noticeable)

I am also concerned about the comfort and weight, plus my glancing over the thread shows that there are considerations on image quality too.

Price is also a factor although for a benq not expecting any of the options to be extremely pricey.

Does anyone have a summary chart with the currently available options listed and their strengths/weaknesses described? I am completely new to 3D and sort of lost here, but I would like to watch Avatar and Edge of Tomorrow in 3D since the projector is capable. thx
NOT COMPATIBLE?
I just bought Ultra Clear HD DLP Link Projector 3D glasses. They seem not to be compatible. The images do not line-up. I have tried "side-by-side," "Top-Bottom," and "Frame Packing." All look extremely wrong. Is it the glasses? I am using BenQ 1075 and the Blue Ray player on XBox One.
post #1053 of 1059 Old 08-07-2016, 03:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
NOT COMPATIBLE?
I tried just purchased Ultra-Clear HD DLP LINK Projector 3D Glasses for my BenQ HT 1075 and XBox One Blue Ray player. The images look very wrong - they don't line up. Tried all 3D settings on BenQ. Am I doing something wrong or are glasses just not compatible? Promotions for glasses say they work with BenQ???
post #1054 of 1059 Old 08-08-2016, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got burned on three pairs of SainSonic CX-30 glasses that each died because they sat around unused for too long, resulting in their batteries no longer being able to accept a charge after less than 6 hours of total use. In light of that terrible experience, can anyone recommend some glasses that WON'T die premature deaths through non-use?

Since I'll be lucky if I watch a 3D movie even twice a year, I really don't want to have to recharge the glasses on a schedule just to make sure the battery and glasses don't become unusable. (I understand if they lose their charge after 6 months of non-use, but as long as they can still be charged after 6 months of non-use, that's all that matters to me.)
post #1055 of 1059 Old 08-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmark10 View Post
NOT COMPATIBLE?
I tried just purchased Ultra-Clear HD DLP LINK Projector 3D Glasses for my BenQ HT 1075 and XBox One Blue Ray player. The images look very wrong - they don't line up. Tried all 3D settings on BenQ. Am I doing something wrong or are glasses just not compatible? Promotions for glasses say they work with BenQ???
When you say "Don't line up." What do you mean, the images are out of alignment vertically? If the images are aligned vertically, but now horizontally, the most likely you have the left and right eye switched. Go into your menu and see if you can swap the Left and Right eye. Also, you will need glasses that handle 144hz. If you have older glasses from the past, they might not work. Ultra-Clears should work fine. Make sure you set the type of 3D to dlplink as well. If your images are truly out of alignment vertically then you have a bad projector. Can you take a photo of your screen and post it? Put your 3D image on pause if you have a bluray, and take a phone pic. That should work. That might help. It should show a double image. I just want to see what you mean by out of alignment.
post #1056 of 1059 Old 09-26-2016, 06:37 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I'm buying some 3d glasses for the Benq HT2050. I looked up the estar's as they seem to get the best reviews here but they do not seem to be available anymore (I live in Canada so that makes things worse).

Out of the other available options what would you recommend?

-Firestorm XL, LT 2.0
-Ultra Clear HD
-Benq GDG5
-Gonbes G05

(Haven't seen much comparing the Ultra clear's and Gonbes/other cheap ebay brands to the other, more expensive brands)

Thanks!
post #1057 of 1059 Old 09-26-2016, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 19
If you wear glasses, these can clip on: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kolsol-G08-D...-/162072563383
They do work nicely.
post #1058 of 1059 Old Today, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulp001 View Post
Thanks. Just ordered the Ultra clear HD. Will see how they turn out.
To me, now, the Ultra Clear HD's rank above the Estars. The main difference is with the Estars I am seeing more beneath the glasses (than with the Ultra Clears) letting more light through and making me less immersed in the 3D. Maybe, though, it's how they sit on my face and others won't experience the same thing.
post #1059 of 1059 Old Today, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleNixon View Post
To me, now, the Ultra Clear HD's rank above the Estars. The main difference is with the Estars I am seeing more beneath the glasses (than with the Ultra Clears) letting more light through and making me less immersed in the 3D. Maybe, though, it's how they sit on my face and others won't experience the same thing.
Thanks! Bought a pair of the G05 and the Ultra Clear's, I will give feedback on them when they arrive
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page