Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 28Likes

post #1081 of 1084 Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimble View Post
Hi Guys,

For some time now, I have a couple of SainSonic 3D glasses for my Benq W1070. they are making the picture dimmer, but as I understood that the main problem with 3D projection.

Is there any reason to buy an original benq pair over the other no original brands?
Is there a certain benq model that doesn't make the picture dimmer, that's worth the upgrade?
I'm using the monoprice glasses. Only used them a couple times bit they work fine for me. Only problem is they are battery not rechargeable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1082 of 1084 Old 09-12-2017, 09:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I assume that many have replaced their W1070's for newer models by now, so maybe it could be regarded as a general "DLP 144hz" topic. For anyone still finding this topic interesting, here's an update from a "Gonbes G05" owner.

The G05's are these: http://www.gonbes.com/index.php/en/info/97.html
Anyone who's been looking high and low for 3D-glasses on eBay, Amazon and the like will notice they look exactly like other glasses branded as "Ultra-Clear", Sainsonic and several others. There's no way for me of actually knowing if they are in fact identical or not, especially since even within the "G05 DLP" family, the glasses are different! I know this because we have three pairs (bought four but one was broken), and one of them are unmistakenly different than the other two. The look EXACTLY the same, but they are not.

I see no real difference in the actual picture quality, but with all of the glasses we've been having sync issues when the picture goes bright. On our former PJ, a Benq W1070+, we only had problems in extremely bright scenes, no big deal really, but on our current PJ, a W2000 (aka HT3050) we see the problem in all fairly bright scenes. But here's the thing: one of the glasses hold sync much better than the others, and when they do lose sync, they flash slower than the others - once every third second on the "good pair" opposite every second on the "bad pairs". Sorta good news, problem is we only have one good pair and we need at least three glasses!

I can't technically explain why we have more sync issues with the new projector, as the glasses should be compatible. All I know is, in order to minimize or eliminate the problem I need to dramatically decrease Contrast and Brightness on the PJ, which makes the image unbearable to watch. My theory is, that because the W2000 is actually a better PJ (better colours and contrast) the glasses simply cannot distinguish between the red DLP flash and the actual picture; the sensor is somehow overloaded. While the W1070+ was a great PJ for 2D we always thought the picture was too dark in 3D, but on the other hand the glasses could actually cope. If I "replicate" the image on the W2000 to look more like the W1070+, the problems are drastically reduced. But that's like putting a Suzuki engine in a Ferrari. Sure, it will drive, but not very well.
I've read about different "fixes" for the issue, like putting tape on the sensor or blocking parts of the sensor, and trust that I've tried everything, but with no succes.

So in other words: yes, the "G05's will work on a dark 3D image and may work on a bright image, depending on what model you have. But I certainly wouldn't recommend them if you, like me, prefer a 3D picture that actually looks close to the 2D picture. Also, looking at other models out there I see some state the glasses to have a 1200:1 contrast ratio, and the G05's are only 750:1, so I have a feeling they make the picture even darker.

As we will be shopping for new glasses, it would be interesting for us to know if anyone with a W2000/HT3050 has good experience with anything other than the Benq DGD5 glasses, which supposedly should work great.

Benq W2000 (HT3050) // 130" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250, Mission 737R, Dynavoice Thunder T-12 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3
post #1083 of 1084 Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Yeah, seems I have my very own private topic on AVS

Anyway, we did what people have been saying for years; we got the Benq DGD5 glasses. We were a little reluctant because of the stories we've heard about a buzzing sound when they are on, but since the ones we bought were manufactured January 2017 I can only assume they fixed it, because ours have no buzzing sound at all. But most importantly: THEY HOLD SYNC! We did a test, one wearing the new glasses and one wearing the "best" of the G05's. With the picture adjusted for fairly good contrast and brightness we watched "Captain America: The First Avenger" and the G05's were really struggling while the DGD5's never skipped a beat. Then I ran them through what I now call the ultimate DLP-sync torture test, the first 10 minutes of "Batman vs Superman" and they never lost sync in either the "fade-to-white" transition or the "Wayne Building ash cloud", two scenes were all of the G05's will fail. On the contrary, I saw details in the shadows of the batcave I've never seen before.

Yes, they are about 3x the price of the cheap glasses, but man, it's so worth it! However, as we still need at least two more and considering they are the EXACT same design as the Hi-Shock YDD3PG, or "Blue/Lime/Scarlet Heaven as they are callled on Amazon and the like, we are wondering if the Benq's are just rebranded Hi-Shock's, which are cheaper. Can anyone confirm that??

Benq W2000 (HT3050) // 130" DIY screen // Pioneer VSX-AX2AV (7.1) // Infinity Beta 50/C360/ES250, Mission 737R, Dynavoice Thunder T-12 // Samsung BD-J7500 // PS3

post #1084 of 1084 Old 09-19-2017, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I'm still rocking my W1070 (on the original lamp too), though I haven't watched 3D in probably 2 years or so.

Basement: BenQ W1070 on 110" Elite Screen, Denon AVR-1913, JBL LC1 (C), JBL L880 (FL/FR), JBL 810 (BR/BL), Rhythmik LV12R Sub, PS3 and Roku 3
Living Room: Vizio M65-E0, Vizio SB3651-e6 Soundbar, PS4, Roku Premier+, and X Box One X coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1070 1080p 3d Projector

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page