Need help on if I should purchase the Vizio E3D470VX - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased and have been using a 42" Panasonic Plasma since 2004. I don't even remember the model number, but it is only 720p and has 1 HDMI port that has been broken for the past 4 years. It has been a workhorse for me and my family the past 10 years (at $4,200 at the time I'm glad it is), but I'm getting an itch to upgrade to something a little larger with 3D. However, I'm on a strict budget since my wife and I have a newborn and most of our residual income is going to child care. I ran across the E3D470VX which is a 47" Vizio LCD with 3D for $519. However, it's a refurb with a 30-day warranty. I have read countless reviews on this TV and saw many videos. Everyone that owns it seems to enjoy it. And for the price, it's within my budget.

The TV will be put into the living room with lots of windows. Right now, we have to close the blinds during the day on the plasma. We watch mostly TV and the occasional movie. I also have an old XBOX 1 running XBMC4XBOX to stream content. For size, I 47" will be perfect due to the viewing area. I could maybe go 50", but no larger. We actually purchased and returned a 60" LCD a long time ago, but it was too big for the room. My budget today is around $500 so this is perfect.

So, I'm looking for advice... Is this TV worth the money? Is there anyone that has/had this TV and would you purchase it again? Any other details I should know?

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-06-2013, 09:22 AM

Liked: 10
I have had a E3D420VX for about a year now and have been real happy with it! Great picture and the 3D works well!

If your buying from a reputable dealer with a good return policy give it a shot!
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2013, 06:02 AM

Liked: 11
Same here after a year no problems with mine I have the 42in, looks great plays 3D great and the gaming mode works real well with xbox 360 smile.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 02-12-2013, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 117
I use my 42" set as a computer monitor, and occasionally stream 3D content from Vudu and from YouTube. No complaints here. smile.gif
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Vizio E3d470vx 47 Inch Lcd 3d Smart Tv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page