Bets way to do dual display with a 3D ready and a non 3D TV from HTPC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Not sure if this is the right section, feel free to move thread.

I just setup a 3D ready projector which is going from HTPC - AVR (Denon 3D pass through) - Projector using HDMI 1.4 cables at each connection. At the moment I am switching between cables on the AVR HDMI out when switching between dispays. I am wondering if I should see if my onboard video (Radeon 4000) can be active and send that to the TV then run Optical to AVR. Or my Radeon HD6450 has DVI out also. I'm guessing I could run a DVI to HDMI cable to the TV but I'm not sure if any of this would mess with the Projector output?

I have not tested 3D yet other then running PDVD 3D test and passing. I just ordered glasses but everything should work. I am worried If I try to run both the Projector & TV at same time if the HTPC will run at the lower Specs of the non-3D TV. I have never used dual displays before.

Denon X4000 - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen - 3D powered by AMD home built computer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
The Radeon HD6450 seems to be able to drive two displays at once. You should probably keep the card connected the way you have right now through your receiver, and connect a second cable from your video card's other output - probably the DVI one - directly to your other display. No use trying to use onboard video together with your video card - use the two outputs from your video card.

I am more familiar with dual displays using NVidia cards than Ati, but I will tell you that setting up a dual display should be fairly easy. Usually, whenever I play something in 3D, the software "knows" to switch into 3D mode without me telling it to.

When I was first setting up the system, it seemed the driver software recognized my 3D display better when it was the only one connected. Then, after I had 3D working, I connected my 2D display, and the system recognized it fine, adding it as a second display. Then I was able to make the 2D display my primary display (but you don't even ever have to do that, anyway.)

Others will probably add more specific advise for Radeon cards.

Good luck.
Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page