Acer H5360... DLP-Link 3D questions - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 06:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had my projector for a while now, and I wanted to check out 3D content on it. From my research this far, I know there is alot of different options to complete this task. The option I opted for was the cheap option; buying just a pair of dlp-link glasses. I bought this pair of glasses: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007MYZE26/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I can't figure out what kind of 3D files will be compatable with my setup:
Acer H5360 XFX Core 7870 AMD Phenom II Glasses in link above (DLP-Link Shutter Glasses) @ 1280x720 120hz

I am trying to play Crysis 3 in 3D... When I am on my desktop my resolution is 1280x720 @ 120hz. When I get into Crysis 3 my resolution goes to 1280x720 @ 60hz... There is 3 options to choose from for 3D - Interleave, Side by Side, and Driver. All of those options looks really bad.

I also intend to watch movies... What 3D format do I need to watch movies? I plan to just download 3D movies, and the options I have come across are Side by side, and top and bottom... I have tried different players and the only way I can get it to play is side by side, and it's just two videos playing next to each other.

I don't know where I am going wrong here, but a point into the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2013, 11:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
iZ3D is dead. It's sad, but there it is.

Just downloaded and tested the latest Tridef, and it works great so far in dx9.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-08-2013, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
There are Native 3D games that you don't need Nvidia/IZ3D/TriDef software to play in 3D. Battlefield3, Deus EX: Human Revolution and some others.
YouTube also does not require any extra software. Just have to select the proper 3D settings from the YouTube taskbar. The Acer 5360 only works in 120Hz, Frame Sequential. IZ3D still works but will not be updated. If you don't already have a license for it I would just forget about it but the 30 day trial may still work.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Acer H5360 3d Dlp Projector
Gear in this thread - H5360 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page