How much should I worry about the Hz number? (Sports and Video Games are important!) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-19-2013, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
This seems to be an area that is confusing me right now in my search for a new Passive 3D set. It seems many sets advertise 120hz panels, but then when I dig a little further I find claims or evidence that they are actually 60Hz panels that are using some trickery to simulate higher refresh rates. How much should I worry about this? I love watching Football and play a lot of video games on my TV, so I figure this is important. Should I hold out until I have the budget for one of the higher end models with 240hz?

Right now I have a 3 year old Sony 40HX800, and the nice thing about it is it's a 240Hz panel (at least I think) and really does have a great picture, both 2D and 3D. I would like a bigger set with passive, but don't want to sacrifice too much in quality to get there. Am I overthinking it? Will I even notice a real difference in these TVs with "simulated" higher refresh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I would just visit a few stores and see for myself watching a model that has the 60hz rate.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia 40 Inch Kdl40hx800 3d Ready Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page