3d glasses free monitors and tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-20-2013, 02:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hi I'm quite new to this site i bought a Philips 42 inch lcd over from a guy that said it was a 3d professional monitor if I connect it to any dvd player it just shows a flickering screen so I figured out that the hdcp has kicked in and won't allow me to watch anything on it so I connected it to my i7 laptop and voila it worked it only has a dvi input so I used a hdmi to dvi adaptor the problem is so far I haven't been able to watch any 3d content on it seeing that it is a lenticular 3d screen I downloaded many 3d clips photo's even 3d media players but it will just show it side by side apparently it uses the same technology like the Nintendo 3ds or the lg 3d phones what am I doing wrong or was there maybe something that came with the screen that that I didn't get apart from that it blows away many of my friends and family's most recent tv's regarding picture quality from my experience this was a very expensive monitor when it came out the model number is 42-3d6w02/00 any help would be appreciated Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-20-2013, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 23
It only works with the 3DS media player.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WOWvx
post #3 of 3 Old 12-14-2013, 01:21 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there

I bought the same monitor - works fine with the PC, but will not work with DStv (yes, also South African), or through the DVD player / home theatre system (also HDMI / DVI adapter). I understand the DStv problem - don't think the monitor is HDCP compliant - but did you manage to get your monitor to work with your DVD player? Is there a work-around/adapter/software/firmware?

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Lcd 42 Lcd Tv Widecreen 1080p
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page