HDMI Setup PS3/Samsung HDTV 3D - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 05:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm sure this is a noob question... The other day I went over a friends house and noticed his display frame rate was smoother than mine. I've read that mainly HDMI cable brands don't matter just be ontop of what version they are for data transfer rates (1.2, 1.3, 1.4). I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong besides plug&play. The PS3 aas setup to 1080p and the Samsung TV (which I don't remember the model number at this time, @ work right now) is set to Game mode. I've notice regular quality Hi-Def where you see incredible details but not that smooth feel. Please advise HD Gods!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
He probably has motion interpolation on (Smooth Motion, Auto Motion, etc). Ask 10 people on here, and 9 of them will say to never turn that on. It just artificially adds frames, and it doesn't do it that well. Not to mention, it will give you up to a second of lag for your gaming. You are doing it right, use game mode for gaming.
HyBr1D likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-02-2013, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Good, then my techy intuition was correct lol. Still, should I still consider going HDMI 1.4 over the one I have? I believe it's 1.2 being that its a $15 cable from best buy and the other two I have are from ebay (also cheap). My PS3 is updated to the current firmware, I also need to update my TV's firmware might have an hdmi update.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Tomb Raider Ps3

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page