Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

post #451 of 667 Old 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by borland View Post

It's absolutely does not matter which displays are used in the T3 in different regions. The purpose of our investigation was to establish that all models are identical and this appears to be true. Then only you can decide if the T3 is good enough for you to spend your hard earned cash. The marketing campaign for the Asian model with the trilum myth could help Sony to boost sales as some people will definitely be sold to the idea of the trilum superiority for the Japanese model. They can even find a "huge difference" if they try hard - placebo effect! I prefer simple blind test and statements from the Sony regional reps which make perfect sense to conclude that all models are the same.

Yes, Sony does the business in a decentralized manner. They don't have a "global" web and they use different prices in different countries... In this case i think that is a different marketing campaing and nothing more.

@Europe, you can contact me in www.diariosdelanube.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 667 Old 01-30-2014, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

To further illustrate why this whole Triluminos marketing gimmick is complete nonsense now...See the translation from Sony Japan of the T3 words on this
I don't know what the word Bird is doing in the translation, but the main point I wanted to get across is its just marketing mumbo jumbo and in the case of OLED they can't even talk specifically what they have changed. Also, the website shows the wrong logo (Triluminos for mobile) which is meant to be used for cellphone display panels...not the one-off bespoke panels in the HMZ

Yes, different markets, different marketing, prices... the decentralized model...

post #453 of 667 Old 01-30-2014, 03:58 PM

hey guys, have you heard the rumor of a possible presentation of the "Sony's Oculus Rift" for PS4 this Sunday?... Will it be a "lite" HMZ-T3 version? or will Sony provide an accessory to our HMZ-T3 with a giroscope?... confused.gif

post #454 of 667 Old 01-31-2014, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
They showed a headtracking addon at CES. There will be bundles with HMZ and headtracking and also exisiting HMZ-T3(W) owners can buy the headtracking unit as an addon. That's what they said at CES.
So maybe they launch it on sunday?
connector likes this.
post #455 of 667 Old 01-31-2014, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersos View Post

They showed a headtracking addon at CES. There will be bundles with HMZ and headtracking and also exisiting HMZ-T3(W) owners can buy the headtracking unit as an addon. That's what they said at CES.
So maybe they launch it on sunday?

There are rumors for this Sunday.. but not comfirmed at all...

post #456 of 667 Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Cant se the point on a headtracker with the hmz as slight movment on the head makes u loose the eyes sweet spot. Better of with headtracking on a new hmd sony unit for the ps4.
connector likes this.
post #457 of 667 Old 01-31-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaktmestern View Post

Cant se the point on a headtracker with the hmz as slight movment on the head makes u loose the eyes sweet spot. Better of with headtracking on a new hmd sony unit for the ps4.

Yes, you are right... but it's bad for the money invested in HMZ-T3W...

post #458 of 667 Old 02-01-2014, 04:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Again - I use Cinemizer OLED tracker with HMZ-T3 with PC and PS3 (PS3 requires interface) and it's perfect! it calibrates itself and works like a treat. no problems with losing a sweet spot. Do I need Sony tracker? Only if it works with PS4 but interface for PS4 for Cinemizer tracker is on the way.
post #459 of 667 Old 02-01-2014, 11:56 AM

hey guys! let's stop complaining about lack of proper HMDs on the market! just get one of these
http://sensics.com/head-mounted-displays/
however you may need to take a small mortgage to have one of these beauties...smile.gif
post #460 of 667 Old 02-01-2014, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:

Again - I use Cinemizer OLED tracker with HMZ-T3 with PC and PS3 (PS3 requires interface) and it's perfect! it calibrates itself and works like a treat. no problems with losing a sweet spot. Do I need Sony tracker? Only if it works with PS4 but interface for PS4 for Cinemizer tracker is on the way.

Interesting. How do you connect the Cinemizer head tracker to the HMZ?
post #461 of 667 Old 02-01-2014, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

hey guys! let's stop complaining about lack of proper HMDs on the market! just get one of these
http://sensics.com/head-mounted-displays/
however you may need to take a small mortgage to have one of these beauties...smile.gif

Hey, it's good to know that 1080p oled panels exist already for hmd's. Now when will they be affordable enough to put in a future hmz?
post #462 of 667 Old 02-01-2014, 04:38 PM

i use velcro so i can remove it in a second if i need to. it's very secure and not messy. i use this tracker on SMD ST1080 as well. check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLuEjkJ6Ds0
and also google for gameveda blog.
there is no other affordable tracker on the market which can get even close to Cinemizer tracker
post #463 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

I am wondering if the UK/European version I have is limiting the sound volume. I find I have to go all the way up to 30 out of 30 with the included earphones and I wish I could go higher for some movies!! Anyone with a Japanese or American headset care to comment on how loud it goes with the provided earphones?

Also, just a warning for those perfectionists who like to keep their equipment like new. The provided cable clip that holds the control cable and earphone cable is made of a harder plastic than the headbraces. As a result it gradually scratches the area of the headbrace that it is close to (as the clip is not very tight it slides and moves around), and also catches the movable headbrace as you fold it up and down. I am talking very slight scratching that can only be seen under a spotlight, but Sony chose a harder plastic for the cable holder instead of a soft rubber which was very stupid.
post #464 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 04:50 AM

You answered your question at the beginning of your message - you say in "some movies". it means that the source file was probably encoded by some moron? with the provided earbuds (they are not bad but I prefer over the head headphones) I can go deaf on half a volume on my own ripped movies. If I connect my high impedance (300 Ohm) Sennheiser HD650 headphones directly to the base unit I even don't need a pre-amp!!!! It's amazing as on volume 25 it's already blowing your head off! and this is Sennheiser HD650 which normally needs a pre-amp with the most sources to give a decent SQ.
post #465 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You answered your question at the beginning of your message - you say in "some movies". it means that the source file was probably encoded by some moron? with the provided earbuds (they are not bad but I prefer over the head headphones) I can go deaf on half a volume on my own ripped movies. If I connect my high impedance (300 Ohm) Sennheiser HD650 headphones directly to the base unit I even don't need a pre-amp!!!! It's amazing as on volume 25 it's already blowing your head off! and this is Sennheiser HD650 which normally needs a pre-amp with the most sources to give a decent SQ.

Well I am talking about most of the blu-rays I am trying. They won't have been encoded by morons mostly! smile.gif

Maybe its just the included earphones are not very sensitive...I will try some others.

My hearing is quite sensitive so it's not that I am going deaf!
post #466 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 06:18 AM

Quote:

Well I am talking about most of the blu-rays I am trying. They won't have been encoded by morons mostly! smile.gif

Maybe its just the included earphones are not very sensitive...I will try some others.

ok - i've got your point. I honestly thought you were having problems with rips as with BD and BD ISOs I always have so loud sound on the base and battery pack with the stock earbuds I can never crank it above 20!
post #467 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ok - i've got your point. I honestly thought you were having problems with rips as with BD and BD ISOs I always have so loud sound on the base and battery pack with the stock earbuds I can never crank it above 20!

Is your HMZ the European version or an imported one from the US or Japan?

Often in the EU they have this stupid regulation that means they clamp the volume and it's getting really silly.
post #468 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 06:47 AM

it's 100% UK breed HMZ-T3W. I have portable DAC/Amp Fiio E17 for my Sennheiser HD65- but I never needed it. I know about stupid EU regulations on sound level - seems like does not apply in this case
post #469 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

it's 100% UK breed HMZ-T3W. I have portable DAC/Amp Fiio E17 for my Sennheiser HD65- but I never needed it. I know about stupid EU regulations on sound level - seems like does not apply in this case

Wonder if mine is faulty then....because I am always at 30 out of 30 when using the provided earphones. Its usable and is just loud enough for most films but I would like some more headroom. I will try the processor unit headphone socket.
post #470 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:18 AM

look at Fiio E-17 and good headphones - I mean really good like Sennheiser HD600 or HD650. If it's too expensive - even Sony MDR 7506 will provide superb sound.
post #471 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:21 AM

Quote:

i use velcro so i can remove it in a second if i need to. it's very secure and not messy. i use this tracker on SMD ST1080 as well. check this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLuEjkJ6Ds0
and also google for gameveda blog.
there is no other affordable tracker on the market which can get even close to Cinemizer tracker

Amazing!, and what are your sensations using it?. Is it more inmersive?

post #472 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:29 AM

Quote:

I am wondering if the UK/European version I have is limiting the sound volume. I find I have to go all the way up to 30 out of 30 with the included earphones and I wish I could go higher for some movies!! Anyone with a Japanese or American headset care to comment on how loud it goes with the provided earphones?

Also, just a warning for those perfectionists who like to keep their equipment like new. The provided cable clip that holds the control cable and earphone cable is made of a harder plastic than the headbraces. As a result it gradually scratches the area of the headbrace that it is close to (as the clip is not very tight it slides and moves around), and also catches the movable headbrace as you fold it up and down. I am talking very slight scratching that can only be seen under a spotlight, but Sony chose a harder plastic for the cable holder instead of a soft rubber which was very stupid.

Yes the accessories to holds cables it's very delicate. I don't use it, like lower light protectors.

I have an european buyed "made in Japan" version and my volume it's limited to 30 too.

post #473 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:

Wonder if mine is faulty then....because I am always at 30 out of 30 when using the provided earphones. Its usable and is just loud enough for most films but I would like some more headroom. I will try the processor unit headphone socket.

With the HMD's jack connector i'm "límited" to 30 too. You don't have a faulty unit, it's the default configuration, 30 it's the max value.

post #474 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post

Amazing!, and what are your sensations using it?. Is it more inmersive?
it's more immersive for sure. it gives you what you should expect from a very good tracker - head control in games! it's not tracking your eyes of course but tracks every move of your head. very good for FPS, RPG and flight simms.
post #475 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:

I use the default earphones, if you set them correctly in the sound section, they are great. Use in the source Dolby or DTS and set in HMD's sound menu 'game mode', DTS Neo 6 or Dolby Prologic movie mode, raise up bass to +4 and treble +2, 'in ear' option and be sure left and right headphones are located in their respective ear... Enjoy a great sound.

post #476 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 11:17 AM

that's good you enjoy stock earbuds - they are not bad at all. but it's so subjective that any advice on settings etc it's a bit pointless. I am guilty myself as I gave advice on some headphones above. I personally don't like earbuds and only use them when travel really light and short. I hate having anything in my ears after several ear infections.
post #477 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 11:24 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Other than that, I find it a great improvement being wireless and not having to have a cable trailing across the room
A DVDO AIR3 can also eliminate "the wire across the room" for a T1 and T2, but all of them still will have one wire to a box.
post #478 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM

Quote:

it's more immersive for sure. it gives you what you should expect from a very good tracker - head control in games! it's not tracking your eyes of course but tracks every move of your head. very good for FPS, RPG and flight simms.

WoW, great!!!, i want it for a PS4...Try a first person shooter like cod ghost setting in visualization: game mode1, disable 24 fps synchronization, in visualization ZOOM and Overscan... It's great for inmersion and set sound config like i have posted: source with Dolby Digital or DST and in HMD's sound menu raise up +4 the bass, +2 the treble and DTS NEO 6 adn 'in ear' mode with the default HMZ-T3W earphones... That config it's great for my first person shooter games.

Best regards Borland.

post #479 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:

that's good you enjoy stock earbuds - they are not bad at all. but it's so subjective that any advice on settings etc it's a bit pointless. I am guilty myself as I gave advice on some headphones above. I personally don't like earbuds and only use them when travel really light and short. I hate having anything in my ears after several ear infections.

Oh, yes, you are right. It's subjective, of course.

post #480 of 667 Old 02-02-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post

With the HMD's jack connector i'm "límited" to 30 too. You don't have a faulty unit, it's the default configuration, 30 it's the max value.

I realise I did not explain myself well. I realise 30 is the limit on all units. The problem is that 30 is not very loud for some movies. I don't find the output power enough and wish for more volume!

I did notice that some sound modes are quieter than others so I need to play with this.
connector likes this.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page