Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - Page 21 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #601 of 647 Old 05-04-2014, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi there,

I'm not able to find a stand-alone portable 3D blu-ray player to buy :-(

Is anyone of you aware of one or two models available?

Thx

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #602 of 647 Old 05-04-2014, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11

Hi,
I placed the order. Looks they are going to discontinue this model too. Representative was telling me it is going for new updates.So far, they have no details. Stock is very critical at this point.

post #603 of 647 Old 05-07-2014, 04:02 PM

I received it. I wear glasses, it is not so convenient for me.  I am also looking for adjustments so they fit with glasses. Can we connect Sony HMZ-T3 to IPAD 2? Do I need special cable for this? Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

post #604 of 647 Old 05-12-2014, 11:21 PM

I think you just need the HDMI adapter. I can use it with my ipad 3, even play 3d movies through it, provided you use a hdmi 1.4 cable.
post #605 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonStatt View Post

Yes..I am much happier with my second HMZ-T3 now.....it was weird but that area that was slightly blurrier really made my eyes go nuts trying to refocus and it made me feel a bit sick after watching it. The new one isn't messing with my head.

That is the ONLY good thing about paying the stupid price for the UK model. Also by purchasing it over the internet, I get the distance selling regulations, which means even if Sony didn't consider the first one faulty, they have to refund it anyway as you can return for ANY reason (even if you open and inspect the product) within 7 working days starting the day after you receive it. The most they can charge me is for the courier to collect the item from my house.

But much happier now.....

As for 45, vs 70, vs 110. The thing about 45, is you can watch it for 2-3 hours. But when you get to larger FOV, you can get a headache much faster. So I think you will always need 2 HMDs, one for games and one for movies. And even if you do have one for games, you will never be able to play for as long as you can with a regular PC/monitor.

Last night, I all was fine and well, but then I noticed left of center the picture was kind of blurry. I kept adjusting the display all throughout my viewing experience. I didn't really notice it before except for last night. The left and right edges have always been blurry and I usually lay down while I watch, however, trying to get a clear picture including the left and right edges, made me notice the left center was blurrier than the right center. Today. I was looking through this forum and saw your experience. I hope I don't have a faulty unit. I have the t3 bought here in Japan. I'm hoping you can further clarify what the problem was with your t3w. I will do some more tests tonight to confirm that this left center is blurry. I'm guessing it is impossible to get a 100% clear viewing experience. I do have a demo unit a store next to me. I'm going to try to compare over the weekend.
post #606 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 10:27 AM

Hi guys, please who knows what would be the best way (the best kind of cable) to connect my HMZ-T3W to my Samsung Galaxy S5 ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

post #607 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 02:10 PM

Thanks, to connect IPAD, it is very easy. Some how It is not working when I connect to HP Laptop DV 7. Laptop has HDMI out.

Any good source to rent online 3D movies which can be played on IPAD?

post #608 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTT1 View Post

Hi guys, please who knows what would be the best way (the best kind of cable) to connect my HMZ-T3W to my Samsung Galaxy S5 ?
Thanks a lot for your help.
there is MHL connector on the battery unit. use any suitable MHL cable for your S5. my Galaxy Note works like a treat with T3
LTT1 likes this.
post #609 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctxp View Post

Thanks, to connect IPAD, it is very easy. Some how It is not working when I connect to HP Laptop DV 7. Laptop has HDMI out.
Any good source to rent online 3D movies which can be played on IPAD?

Better to just buy them, then sell them on ebay. Might be cheaper than renting. You can then rip them to mp4 format that should play in the stock iOS video app. As for me, this is a decent guide to rip 3d blurays, but it will be in SBS format. Also, you need some expensive software, AnyDVD HD to bypass the security on the discs.

http://rodrigopolo.com/guias/ultimate-blu-ray-disc-3d-ripping-guide-en.html

When was your laptop made? Maybe doesn't support hdmi 1.4... Although it should at least connect through 1.3. Have you hooked up your laptop to other monitors or TVs?
post #610 of 647 Old 05-13-2014, 05:25 PM

I tested again last night, I think when watching 3d I have to adjust the lens adjusters vs watching in 2d. Not sure why... Also, with the forehead band pressed tightly I can get a 100% clear picture, including the edges. I think others have mentioned that you need to have it extremely tight to see everything clearly. It's just not comfortable. I need to start modding this thing.
post #611 of 647 Old 05-15-2014, 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borland View Post

there is MHL connector on the battery unit. use any suitable MHL cable for your S5. my Galaxy Note works like a treat with T3

Thank you, borland ;-)

I am not able to find on amazon a cable with MHL on both sides :-( there is only MHL-HDMI or MHL-USB)

Do you know where I can find what your recommend, a cable MHL-MHL?

post #612 of 647 Old 05-15-2014, 07:37 AM

sorry - your are confused. the small jack on the front is micro usb for charging. the HDMI IN is MHL capable HDMI connector which can provide power to your smartphone's MHL - HDMI cable/adapter + normal HDMI input of course. So buy any HML to HDMI cable/adapter for your smartphone and it should work.
just to add - I bought 3-d party HDMI/MHL adapter for my galaxy note for the fraction of the price of the original Samsung adapter. Still works fine!
And to add again. this one should work;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Release-ADAPTER-Charging-SAMSUNG-GALAXY/dp/B00FXIRRDM/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1400164490&sr=8-16&keywords=mhl-to-hdmi+adapter
and you would not need to provide additional power via side micro usb on the side of the HDMI connector as you have MHL capable HDMI on T3 which provides 5V 0.5A directly!
post #613 of 647 Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 PM

Pardon my English as it use google translator. 

I have a doubt whether Sony HMZ-T3, can I use with my Imac 27 "through the mini displayport to hdmi connector. 
  And use VLC or similar to play movies.

I get the Sony HMZ-T3 and Monday and already bought the adapter mentioned, and although I have it all, not whether it will be compatible or will work with my Imac.

post #614 of 647 Old 05-25-2014, 10:00 AM

if you've already bought everything - just relax and wait when your stuff will arrive. then you will try it yourself and see how it works or not. Rotten Apple products are hit and miss - they may work or may not! good luck!
post #615 of 647 Old 06-05-2014, 06:35 AM

Hi ALL! :)

So I did to a search for regional specifics for the HMZ T3W but only found certain answers... hence my post...

i.e. I am in Australia and want to buy a T3 from the US... now

I just read the T3 manual (which one of you lovely people posted in a previous post --- thanks so much :-D and it wrote

"For customers using the HMZ-T3W sold in the U.S.A., Canada, or Puerto Rico The wireless communication function of this system is only used in U.S.A., Canada, and Pureto Rico"

and

"For customers using the HMZ-T3W sold in the EU or other European countries, Turkey, Australia, or New Zealand
The wireless communication function of this system is only used in the following countries: Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Portugal, Austria, Greece, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Poland, Hungary, Romania, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Bulgaria, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand."

Can anyone please comment on the validity of these statements?

I am using the HMZ in a small business doing brain training... it is crucial I don't piss $1100 up a wall and waste time returning it to an eBay seller... When I could spend the extra $400 and buy the official SONY AU version for $1500... and get a warranty with it... but if I can purchase the US model for $1100 I get $400 in my pocket, minus the electricity converter plug to fit into AU power points ($20).

THANKS SO MUCH.

Rob
post #616 of 647 Old 06-05-2014, 04:16 PM

I live in london and brought a japanese version hmz t3w and works fine mate I cant see why its wouldnt work you have a transmitter and a reciever unit.
P.s can some one please help me with the jap menu translation
Robertg01 likes this.
post #617 of 647 Old 06-06-2014, 07:27 PM

Can anyone please help me or translate the japenese menu
post #618 of 647 Old 06-12-2014, 06:42 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Do you guys think there's going to be released a T4 this hear, or is Morpheus a good to watch movies?
post #619 of 647 Old 06-17-2014, 01:26 AM

Liked: 13
I suspect Morpheus wont be released until 2015. We'll have to wait and see if they discontinue HMZ and only make Morpheus.
post #620 of 647 Old 08-06-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi folks!,
Somebody is using the HMZ-T3W with a Sony PS4?.
post #621 of 647 Old 08-08-2014, 02:07 AM

Nobody with a T3 connected to a PS4?
post #622 of 647 Old 08-08-2014, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post
Nobody with a T3 connected to a PS4?
Don't have a PS4. But connected to macbook air and my desktop without issue.

What do you want to know?
post #623 of 647 Old 08-08-2014, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken83 View Post
Don't have a PS4. But connected to macbook air and my desktop without issue.

What do you want to know?
Thank you Ken83, i think that it's not an hmz's issue, i think that maybe there Is a little problem between RGB RANGE in PS4. With a PC or by direct HDMI connection (without using the Wireless connection) all the RGB RANGES are fine.

The issue Is with a PS4 connected via Wireless HDMI, the FULL RGB RANGE it's not performing well, if you set ti automatic or full rgb range in PS4 and in T3 with Wireless connection there are "blacks" that don't represent correctly (like the PS4 don't change well to full rgb and continue in limited). With limited rgb range there are no problem, only with full rgb range and Wireless hdmi in PS4.

Someone with a PS4 and HMZ-T3W could confirm?.
post #624 of 647 Old 08-09-2014, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Thank you Ken83, i think that it's not an hmz's issue, i think that maybe there Is a little problem between RGB RANGE in PS4. With a PC or by direct HDMI connection (without using the Wireless connection) all the RGB RANGES are fine.

The issue Is with a PS4 connected via Wireless HDMI, the FULL RGB RANGE it's not performing well, if you set ti automatic or full rgb range in PS4 and in T3 with Wireless connection there are "blacks" that don't represent correctly (like the PS4 don't change well to full rgb and continue in limited). With limited rgb range there are no problem, only with full rgb range and Wireless hdmi in PS4.

Someone with a PS4 and HMZ-T3W could confirm?.
Owner here.

When I use wirelss, only RGB Limited works. If I try to force T3W as RGB Full, I get washed out colors, which means the HMD is only getting limited signal. I even tried to force PS4 to send Full signal but no luck.

If I set everything to Automatic, the colors are fine, though. But I assume it's only in RGB limited.

When using wired connection, I can get correct colors even by forcing Full on all devices.

It seems the little box/wireless transmission is the culprit here.

Last edited by Jeff Chen; 08-09-2014 at 12:52 PM.
post #625 of 647 Old 08-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Chen View Post
Owner here.

When I use wirelss, only RGB Limited works. If I try to force T3W as RGB Full, I get washed out colors, which means the HMD is only getting limited signal. I even tried to force PS4 to send Full signal but no luck.

If I set everything to Automatic, the colors are fine, though. But I assume it's only in RGB limited.

When using wired connection, I can get correct colors even by forcing Full on all devices.

It seems the little box/wireless transmission is the culprit here.
Oh Jeff!!!, i'm thinking that i was the only one who have seen the full rgb issue

I think that is a problem with PS4 because i think that maybe with other devices there are no problems. I think this because a lot of people are reporting issues with FULL RGB in PS4 with cerrarían devices. It's like they don't fix correctly this RGB RANGE for wifi or the bandwidth problem that you are talking about.

The problem here it's that SONY must yo inform about this issue in their specifications.

Do hoy have reported the issue to SONY support? I have done it, to the Alsacia Factory and SONY support... Maybe ir more people report the issue they would take care...

And Jeff many, many thanks for your help, thank you very much.
post #626 of 647 Old 08-09-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Oh Jeff!!!, i'm thinking that i was the only one who have seen the full rgb issue

I think that is a problem with PS4 because i think that maybe with other devices there are no problems. I think this because a lot of people are reporting issues with FULL RGB in PS4 with cerrarían devices. It's like they don't fix correctly this RGB RANGE for wifi or the bandwidth problem that you are talking about.

The problem here it's that SONY must yo inform about this issue in their specifications.

Do hoy have reported the issue to SONY support? I have done it, to the Alsacia Factory and SONY support... Maybe ir more people report the issue they would take care...

And Jeff many, many thanks for your help, thank you very much.
You are welcome. And I'm going to report this issue to them as well. Hopefully they can sort it out soon!
post #627 of 647 Old 08-10-2014, 01:17 AM

Quote:
You are welcome. And I'm going to report this issue to them as well. Hopefully they can sort it out soon!
Great Jeff, i'm trying too... If they answer with something interesting i'll write you here. Best regards and thank you very much again.
post #628 of 647 Old 08-13-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Hey Jeff, Sony support have answered my support ticket and they said that ir i have more than three WiFi devices on with 60GHz this could cause the "problem".

What do you think?
post #629 of 647 Old 08-13-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Hey Jeff, Sony support have answered my support ticket and they said that ir i have more than three WiFi devices on with 60GHz this could cause the "problem".

What do you think?
I think they are BSing.

1. Wifi is on 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It has nothing to do with the 60GHz band which the T3W is on;
2. It is nearly impossible to have less than 3 Wifi devices on around you nowadays. I myself live in an apartment building, every neighbor has their own hotspot. I don't believe that they tested their product in a shielded environment that shuts out all the Wifi signals in order to come to that conclusion.
post #630 of 647 Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Quote:
I think they are BSing.

1. Wifi is on 2.4GHz and 5GHz. It has nothing to do with the 60GHz band which the T3W is on;
2. It is nearly impossible to have less than 3 Wifi devices on around you nowadays. I myself live in an apartment building, every neighbor has their own hotspot. I don't believe that they tested their product in ashielded environment that shuts out all the Wifi signals in order to come to that conclusion.
Yes, i have replied the issue again answering something like you said. It's incredible that they can't say that Is a hardware limitation ir something.

Here in Europe i have another friend with tve same problem with full rgb range and wifi connection.

I'll continue trying... Write you too if you can...let's see their answer.

I'll report again if they talk about another fix...

Best regards!!!
raiden794 likes this.
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page