Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - Page 24 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
post #691 of 701 Old 04-13-2015, 11:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersos View Post
PS3 games are never more than 720p. For me the T3W is perfectly comfortable. That depends on head size. Have you changed much in the display settings? I never had bad picture quality with a HMZ.

Oh and I payed about £500 for a barely used T3W on Ebay
Yes I've changed the display settings as much as I can but still can't find a PQ as good as my 40in Samsung gives.

I'm not sure what type of head the thing is designed for, but I don't seem to have that bump on the back of the head that allows the back head rest to not slip up the back of the head. I would have preferred the goggle type of glasses that lay slightly flatter to the face.

The main problem is that the 'sweet spot' is so precise, any movement while watching, offsets it and I have to move the set back every few mins or so.

I have yet to watch a whole film all the way through.

You definitely paid the right price for the device. Apart from the OLED screens I can't see where the rest of the money has gone.

I will see if I can make them more comfortable to wear but until them I fear I won't be using them as much as I would like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 701 Old 04-13-2015, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I don't know if the previous owner changed any display settings, but I suspect he didn't. I've only changed the cinema setting by increasing brightness to 55 and turned off any picture enhancements like sharpness. Cinema setting was already good but with 55 It's best for me. Also you have to clean the lenses pretty often or the picture becomes cloudy or blurry. I don't have a bump on the back of my head. I just position the strap as low as I can. I have a small ("asian like") nose which I think helps a bit.
post #693 of 701 Old 04-15-2015, 09:41 AM

Well I've played with the settings on my computer and now have 1080p playback via HDMI, and am more impressed with the image quality and 3D playback.

Now if I can just get it comfortable to wear it may be worth £750 rather than £500.

Is there any motion processing? There is a bit too much motion blur on moving scenes. The 3D is very good on relatively static scenes though.
post #694 of 701 Old 04-15-2015, 11:56 AM

I have watched Blu-ray on PC with Kodi (XBMC) and Potplayer, and never had any problem with motion blur. Didn't try any 3d Blu-ray on PC yet though.
post #695 of 701 Old 04-17-2015, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Considering a Japanese model with the better optics. What is the workaround with regards to navigating the menus that are written in Japanese?
post #696 of 701 Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbturbo2 View Post
Considering a Japanese model with the better optics. What is the workaround with regards to navigating the menus that are written in Japanese?
Assuming they are word for word, you could get a hard copy of the English menu system and use them to navigate.
post #697 of 701 Old 04-21-2015, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hi. Can someone suggest the best way to clean the lenses? The lenses keep shifting if I use a soft cloth. Can liquid be used on a cotton bud or something? Also, I have the Blazin3D cushion pads but my nose still hurts after an hour. I can still feel the entire set resting on my nose and it leaves red marks after continous use. Best way I have discovered is to hold the glasses during viewing (slightly above my nose) as that seems to be the perfect viewing angle.
post #698 of 701 Old 04-24-2015, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Sony should have upped the resolution to 1080p for the OLED screens. That's my big complaint about this headset -- everything looks too gritty. It does give us a pretty good idea of just how good OLED is and I suspect what we can expect from the higher resolution VR headsets that are coming (hopefully this year or early next).
post #699 of 701 Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM

Would it work to charge the T3 battery using a simple car cigarette lighter socket smartphone charger?
post #700 of 701 Old Today, 02:07 AM

Liked: 10
No more HMZ's

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/n...30_700204.html
http://www.engadget.com/2015/05/01/s...morpheus-live/

TV: Samsung 55 D8000
AVR: Yamaha RX-V667
HTPC: Custom i5 2500T, Nvidia GTX 550 Ti
Speakers: Paradigm
post #701 of 701 Unread Today, 02:20 AM

That's ok as long as Morpheus has high quality picture and sound for movies too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit