Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #721 of 797 Old 05-06-2015, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I like the way the ma900 headphones and HMZ compliment each other. They even hold together so naturally when taken off.

The best thing about these headphones is they don't clamp on your ears, the sides of your head or your temples that's one thing that makes it different to others. Super feather like light and so comfortable you could run a marathon of movies with this on and just forget you're even wearing a pair.

RonAlam likes this.

Last edited by The Banshee; 05-06-2015 at 05:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 797 Old 05-14-2015, 04:31 AM

Since its been a week now and no activity, anyone care to share their picture settings.

It's good to know what the average settings used by members are. Come on people I know you're out there......

It's time to care and share.

Do some people prefer the picture to be sharper or do some prefer it to be more natural and a bit blurry?

Colour settings anyone?

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?
-----------------------------------------------------------
I like to bully 1080p 3D TV owners
But I can not bully the 3D TV owners with upscaled UHD 3D.
post #723 of 797 Old 05-14-2015, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Banshee View Post
Since its been a week now and no activity, anyone care to share their picture settings.

It's good to know what the average settings used by members are. Come on people I know you're out there......

Do some people prefer the picture to be sharper or do some prefer it to be more natural and a bit blurry?

Colour settings anyone?

Vivid, and the sharpness settings from the previous post, e.g. High +6 Mid +4
post #724 of 797 Old 05-14-2015, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravia3D View Post
Thats why we sell cushion pads for it

www.blazin3d.com
Since it seems according to Bravia3D public profile that he did not log on AVS since April 8th, and since I did not get any confirmation from him after I ordered a cushion pad on May 6th, does anyone know if this seller is still active ?
post #725 of 797 Old 05-14-2015, 10:39 AM

Please contact the Japanese Interpol at:

http://www.interpol.int/Member-count...-Pacific/Japan

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?
post #726 of 797 Old 05-14-2015, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnn80 View Post
Since it seems according to Bravia3D public profile that he did not log on AVS since April 8th, and since I did not get any confirmation from him after I ordered a cushion pad on May 6th, does anyone know if this seller is still active ?

I am quite active Just haven't logged in here for awhile but still check often.

jpnn80, we received an order from you for the T3 cushion pads but no payment in our paypal. If you'd like to order please try again and we will get you taken care of.

3D items I own:

Sony 46" LX900 active 3D set

Sony HMZ-T3 (Cushion pads and light blocker mod)

LG LW6500 passive 3D set

PS3 & PS4

Sony BDP-S570 BD3D player

JVC-GS-TD1 (with Cyclopital base extender)

Fujifilm W3

Sony Alpha 55 (for 3D panoramic photos)

Quadcopter + Zenmuse and GoPro Hero 3 (Filming...

post #727 of 797 Old 05-15-2015, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wonder the original headphone has virtual 7.1 channel exactly? Do I need another headphone?
post #728 of 797 Old 05-23-2015, 10:04 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Hi

I am thinking about getting one of these. I am planning to use it for PS4 gaming and 3D movies.
I have a couple of questions.

Are there any other devices that I should be looking at besides HMZ-T3 and HMZ-T3W?
I am only interested in the devices that are already on the market or will be on the market by the end of Summer, so no Morpheus, Glyth, or Oculus. Good blacks and build quality are important to me, so ST1080 is a no go also.

Are there burn in issues with games?

Do you know anyone who is still selling new English version of HMZ-T3W?

I am really exited to learn about this device. I have Panasonic ZT60 plasma, but I will have to move in 3 months for grad school and leave it behind because it is too expensive to move, and it will be too big for my new room anyway. I am really dreading parting with my beloved plasma because I love watching 3D movies and playing my PS4 on it. HMZ-T3 looks like a good solution for me. Granted, I am still planning to get a small HDTV like Visio E series to supplement it.

Thoughts?

Last edited by SwiftSweeper; 05-23-2015 at 07:07 PM.
post #729 of 797 Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 PM

I just pulled the trigger and got HZM-T3W from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $667 (including shipping and taxes).

The unit itself was described in pristine condition(no scratches) with all accessories, and original packaging. The overall condition is described as Very Good, but Amazon probably has higher standards for listings than most 3d party sellers, and I will have 30 days to return it if it does not work out. I wish that I could buy a new US version of HZM-T3W, but it seems impossible to find one at this point.

I could still get a new Japanese HZM-T3W for around $750, but I feel that Japanese menus will be pain in the rear to navigate, and my understanding is that they are the same units except for menu language (I do not buy into Trimulinos hype on Japanese unts).

I should get it next Thursday. I hope that it is a keeper since I am running out of options at this point.

I am exited to see how my 3D movies and PS4 games will look on it because I never used a device of this type before, and 3D movies and PS4 games are my primary reasons for buying it in the first place.

I hope that I made a right choice.

Last edited by SwiftSweeper; 05-24-2015 at 01:47 PM.
post #730 of 797 Old 05-24-2015, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
If it fits you comfortably, then you wont be disappointed.
post #731 of 797 Old 05-24-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersos View Post
If it fits you comfortably, then you wont be disappointed.
I am glad to hear that.

Yeah, I am concerned about HZM-T3W comfortability and its 720p resolution.

It looks like Morpheus will address both of these concerns and will probably be cheaper to boot, but I am not sure if it will even work with 3D movies due to its bigger FOV, and Morpheus targeted release date, which Sony might not even make, is beginning of the next year. I am hoping that we will get more news about it at E3 since I am also excited about VR.

I just hope that I did not waste my money on HZM-T3W because Morpheus can do the same thing that HZM-T3W does but better and cheaper.

Only time will tell. I suppose...
post #732 of 797 Old 05-24-2015, 04:21 PM

The resolution is not a problem. You wont notice that. We don't know how well Morpheus is suited for movie watching, 2D or 3D.
So we can only enjoy what is currently available. And T3W has one advantage over Morpheus - mobile use.
post #733 of 797 Old 05-24-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
The resolution is not a problem. You wont notice that. We don't know how well Morpheus is suited for movie watching, 2D or 3D.
So we can only enjoy what is currently available. And T3W has one advantage over Morpheus - mobile use.
From my research, it looks like Sony HMZ-T3W is the best HMD for movie watching and video games (both 2D and 3D) that is actually on the market. If we were talking video games only then it might be different though since we have Oculus also.

I agree with you on Morpheus. It is too early to tell how it will turn out.

It is great to hear that 720p resolution is not an issue. I can not wait to try the Sony out!

Last edited by SwiftSweeper; 05-25-2015 at 08:32 PM.
post #734 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 05:24 PM

If you are waiting to receive your HMZ T3 soon, once you have it you'll be surprised as to how more amazing it is compared to your 1080p set. However you will have to change the Picture settings as listed in my previous posts for optimum quality and correct colour.

Everything via my PS3 is awesome. Bluray is unmatched for 3D.
Games such as Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat 9 is just awesome in 3D.

Uncharted 3 in 3D is absolutely crazy! I had to stop because I think I got motion sickness and felt like almost throwing up as I (Nathan Drake) was running away from the Djinns. My heart was having palpitations. It was absolutely mental! Same thing happened when I was playing Avatar The Game in 3D. I prefer Uncharted 2 in 2D though.
I think sometimes with all the shooting, grenades, things blowing up and all that it goes a little too crazy that I have to take a break once a while otherwise my tummy starts going a little weird and my brain.....

Which I don't experience with 3D movies.

Have to buy DC Injustice Gods Amonst Us.

Can't wait to get Tekken 7 and Mortal Kombat X.

I already completed The Last of Us last long time ago but haven't tried it with the HMZ yet but it would be so fun and very scary with all those zombies and clickers!
The HMZ is truly immersive.

I don't play games that much, more of a movie person.

But it's very sad that Uncharted 4 won't be on the PS3.

Anyway, your nose will be broken after using it for a while.
It is that damn uncomfortable that's why I cut off a small section of the lower light block so nothing rests on my nose. I lean back on my recliner and that's how I can manage to wear it for 3-8 hours straight with no comfort issues to the point I forget I'm wearing it.

Mine is non-wireless and the battery pack cable is short and annoying. But the other cables/wires are very generous.
Although yours is the wireless model you'll still have to rest the battery pack on your crotch (sorry I meant lap) unfortunately.

Also during wireless mode I believe the full colour range is limited.

However I would really not recommend watching supernatural horror films on this device at all, please. Especially in the dark all alone with lights closed.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?

Last edited by The Banshee; 05-25-2015 at 05:41 PM.
post #735 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftSweeper View Post
I just pulled the trigger and got HZM-T3W from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $667 (including shipping and taxes).

The unit itself was described in pristine condition(no scratches) with all accessories, and original packaging. The overall condition is described as Very Good, but Amazon probably has higher standards for listings than most 3d party sellers, and I will have 30 days to return it if it does not work out. I wish that I could buy a new US version of HZM-T3W, but it seems impossible to find one at this point.

I could still get a new Japanese HZM-T3W for around $750, but I feel that Japanese menus will be pain in the rear to navigate, and my understanding is that they are the same units except for menu language (I do not buy into Trimulinos hype on Japanese unts).

I should get it next Thursday. I hope that it is a keeper since I am running out of options at this point.

I am exited to see how my 3D movies and PS4 games will look on it because I never used a device of this type before, and 3D movies and PS4 games are my primary reasons for buying it in the first place.

I hope that I made a right choice.
Please post the condition of it when it comes in. I'm thinking about getting one as an upgrade to my HMZ-T1. The only other HMD on the market that I see is the Zeiss but the resolution isn't even HD on it so there really aren't other options right now.
post #736 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 09:17 PM

Quote:
If you are waiting to receive your HMZ T3 soon, once you have it you'll be surprised as to how more amazing it is compared to your 1080p set. However you will have to change the Picture settings as listed in my previous posts for optimum quality and correct colour.

Everything via my PS3 is awesome. Bluray is unmatched for 3D.
Games such as Tekken 6 and Mortal Kombat 9 is just awesome in 3D.

Uncharted 3 in 3D is absolutely crazy! I had to stop because I think I got motion sickness and felt like almost throwing up as I (Nathan Drake) was running away from the Djinns. My heart was having palpitations. It was absolutely mental! Same thing happened when I was playing Avatar The Game in 3D. I prefer Uncharted 2 in 2D though.
I think sometimes with all the shooting, grenades, things blowing up and all that it goes a little too crazy that I have to take a break once a while otherwise my tummy starts going a little weird and my brain.....

Which I don't experience with 3D movies.

Have to buy DC Injustice Gods Amonst Us.

Can't wait to get Tekken 7 and Mortal Kombat X.

I already completed The Last of Us last long time ago but haven't tried it with the HMZ yet but it would be so fun and very scary with all those zombies and clickers!
The HMZ is truly immersive.

I don't play games that much, more of a movie person.

But it's very sad that Uncharted 4 won't be on the PS3.

Anyway, your nose will be broken after using it for a while.
It is that damn uncomfortable that's why I cut off a small section of the lower light block so nothing rests on my nose. I lean back on my recliner and that's how I can manage to wear it for 3-8 hours straight with no comfort issues to the point I forget I'm wearing it.

Mine is non-wireless and the battery pack cable is short and annoying. But the other cables/wires are very generous.
Although yours is the wireless model you'll still have to rest the battery pack on your crotch (sorry I meant lap) unfortunately.

Also during wireless mode I believe the full colour range is limited.

However I would really not recommend watching supernatural horror films on this device at all, please. Especially in the dark all alone with lights closed.

Your posts made me look into HMZ-T3W.

Do you experience any image retention and/or burn in on your HMZ-T3 when you are gaming?

My understanding is that like plasma, OLED is prone to image retention and burn in. I love gaming on my Panasonic ZT60 plasma, but image retention can be an issue on some games like "Destiny" and "Knack".

I have "Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition", "Digital Video Essentials", and "Disney WOW" blu ray calibration discs, so my plan is to calibrate HMZ-T3W using these discs. "Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition" even has nice 3D calibration tools. This was one of the main reasons that I wanted English menus. I will try your settings also though.

Yeah, I know about the battery dongle. It is unfortunate. I probably would have bought the wired version of the device to save some money if Sony sold it in the U.S because I am not sure about the wireless benefit for home use. Plus, the wireless mode only lasts 3 hours anyway. Granted, I do have wireless surround headphones, which I absolutely love and use almost daily for gaming and movie watching, but the headphones have no dongle and can last up to 10 -12 hours in wireless mode.

BTW, you should try Trine 2 and Super Stardust. Both look gorgeous in 3D.

Last edited by SwiftSweeper; 05-25-2015 at 10:09 PM.
post #737 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
Please post the condition of it when it comes in. I'm thinking about getting one as an upgrade to my HMZ-T1. The only other HMD on the market that I see is the Zeiss but the resolution isn't even HD on it so there really aren't other options right now.
I looked at Oculus, Morpheus, Zeiss, Glyph, and ST1080 when I was doing my research on HMDs. HMZ-T3 and HMZ-T3W are not perfect, but they seem to be the only options right now if one wants both 2D/3D movies and traditional (Not VR) 2D/3D games.

Morpheus and Oculus Rift are geared more for VR and as the result, have much wider FoV than it is recommended for comfortable movie watching.

Glyph looks promising, but who knows when it will actually ship.

Zeiss has lower resolution screen than HMZ-T3 and HMZ-T3W. In addition, Zeiss FoV is only 30 degrees. I love watching my tv up close, so 30 degrees is probably too little for me

ST1080 has 1080p resolution, but its black level and build quality are poor according to people reviews. These are both deal breakers for me.

I will report back on the unit condition.

Last edited by SwiftSweeper; 05-25-2015 at 11:00 PM.
post #738 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 10:18 PM

It looks like Amazon Warehouse raised HMZ-T3W price from $616 to $641. Weird...
post #739 of 797 Old 05-25-2015, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
To all of you that can wait a few months, the Avegant Glyph headset seems a better choice than the hmz. Even though they have the same resolution, the technology in the Glyph simulates a much better image. I haven't tried it, but all the people who did are very happy with it. And it costs 600$ which is less than the hmz.
post #740 of 797 Old 05-26-2015, 11:35 AM

Quote:

Colour settings anyone?

I think I have found picture settings that make the picture most natural that's possible. From Cinema default settings I changed :

- Display settings
Clear Black 0
Sharpness-Hi 0
Sharpness-Mid 0
Contrast Remaster High

- General settings
HDMI Dynamic Range Full

I also have RGB range set to full on the PS4.

I noticed that Contrast Remaster only does something when HDMI dynamic range is set to full. At least I thought so.
post #741 of 797 Old 05-26-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
To all of you that can wait a few months, the Avegant Glyph headset seems a better choice than the hmz. Even though they have the same resolution, the technology in the Glyph simulates a much better image. I haven't tried it, but all the people who did are very happy with it. And it costs 600$ which is less than the hmz.
Apparently the HMZ is discontinued and no T4 will be made, so the Glyph is very soon the only choice. Will be interesting to see the completed Glyph, but I suspect T3 owners wont feel compelled to get it. I can't see how it could have better picture quality.
post #742 of 797 Old 05-26-2015, 12:51 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Apparently the HMZ is discontinued and no T4 will be made, so the Glyph is very soon the only choice. Will be interesting to see the completed Glyph, but I suspect T3 owners wont feel compelled to get it. I can't see how it could have better picture quality.
A lot of T3 owners complaint about screen door effect (seeing the pixel grid), and Glyph doesn't have screen door effect, so it looks like the resolution its better. There are some reviewers on different forums that said it looks like 4k resolution. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how good is the resolution, but not having screen door effect it's great to produce a more realistic image.
post #743 of 797 Old 05-26-2015, 12:57 PM

Well I don't see screen door on the T3. Some peopel are more sensitive to that. I'm sure the Glyph display technology will give some differences in picture. But if they're worth it to upgrade from T3 we'll see. I don't think so for me at least.
post #744 of 797 Old 05-27-2015, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I think I have found picture settings that make the picture most natural that's possible. From Cinema default settings I changed :

- Display settings
Clear Black 0
Sharpness-Hi 0
Sharpness-Mid 0
Contrast Remaster High

- General settings
HDMI Dynamic Range Full

I also have RGB range set to full on the PS4.

I noticed that Contrast Remaster only does something when HDMI dynamic range is set to full. At least I thought so.

Thank you, it's fun sometimes being OCD (well I'm not really) because that is how avsforum members help each other out!

I have the RGB set to limted/off on the PS3 and the Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super-white to full/on.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?
post #745 of 797 Old 05-27-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Your posts made me look into HMZ-T3W.

Do you experience any image retention and/or burn in on your HMZ-T3 when you are gaming?

My understanding is that like plasma, OLED is prone to image retention and burn in. I love gaming on my Panasonic ZT60 plasma, but image retention can be an issue on some games like "Destiny" and "Knack".

I have "Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition", "Digital Video Essentials", and "Disney WOW" blu ray calibration discs, so my plan is to calibrate HMZ-T3W using these discs. "Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition" even has nice 3D calibration tools. This was one of the main reasons that I wanted English menus. I will try your settings also though.

Yeah, I know about the battery dongle. It is unfortunate. I probably would have bought the wired version of the device to save some money if Sony sold it in the U.S because I am not sure about the wireless benefit for home use. Plus, the wireless mode only lasts 3 hours anyway. Granted, I do have wireless surround headphones, which I absolutely love and use almost daily for gaming and movie watching, but the headphones have no dongle and can last up to 10 -12 hours in wireless mode.

I understand that the HMZ T3 is OLED but I have 100% not experienced any image retention and this is from a guy who pauses both 3d and 2d movies for a long time when I need to go down and do something. I even pause PS3 games for ages and they're all bright scenes but this does not cause problems like a plasma.

I think the designers behind this OLED panel type were a few steps ahead regarding this issue of image retention.

In regards to burn in, I can not say..... Does the OLED get better over time. I don't know. But what I can say is that is there a difference in when I wore them in the beginning compared to now..... I will say the HMZ T3 OLED looks much better than they first did. As a matter of fact I enjoy the quality more than the 65" 1080p LG OLED at my local store. Truth.

Maybe the truth about burn in lies not with the panel but our eyes adjusting to it....? Possible.

I have to admit that because I watch movies on the 'Contrast Remaster' set as 'high' then you may see a pixel grid for a second or two in the beginning or at the end of a viewing (during when the screen goes blank before or after the plain black screen appears - like when a blu ray player restarts or is just about to load) BUT this is rare and happens only hardly ever so happens and only the times I have stated.

In no way will you see the pixel structure during movie watching or gameplay.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?

Last edited by The Banshee; 05-27-2015 at 11:21 AM.
post #746 of 797 Old 05-27-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:

My wired version's battery pack lasts for 3 hours without being connected to a power source ha ha!

I take the HMZ T3 downstairs and connect it to my Samsung BD sometimes via a HDMI cable only.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU VERY MUCH because you have mentioned something very important to me that I had/have no clue about. I always wondered whether it is possible to calibrate the HMZ T3. I have never calibrated anything ever in my life using a disc because I am scared of the results. Would be happy to try but want to know if it can be undone?

So let me know how that goes for you. And thereafter I will decide to or not to proceed. If it does wonders for the HMZ then I'm right behind you and will buy one of these discs ASAP.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?
post #747 of 797 Old 05-27-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARTmen View Post
A lot of T3 owners complaint about screen door effect (seeing the pixel grid), and Glyph doesn't have screen door effect, so it looks like the resolution its better. There are some reviewers on different forums that said it looks like 4k resolution. I haven't tried it, so I don't know how good is the resolution, but not having screen door effect it's great to produce a more realistic image.
The HMZ T3 can also appear to 'look like 4k' it's only because of the sudden wow factor during spectacular scenes that people may get....(the right word here)... 'over-excited'! But that soon disappears or.... stays and becomes permanent.

Also what is VERY important here is the player capability, that's why sometimes my movies look UHD when I connect the HMZ T3 to the Samsung BD-H6500 3D blu ray player. The resolution puts my Sony PS3 to shame as I see a 40-60% increase in detail. Honestly.

Have to admit that I only watch everything in screen size 100 inch. If I reduce the screen size to say 80 or 70 then I see less detail especially in background images and that does not make me so happy.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?

Last edited by The Banshee; 05-27-2015 at 12:01 PM.
post #748 of 797 Old 05-27-2015, 12:24 PM

In my opinion the flaw of the HMZ lies in the panels being too close to the eyes, that's all. I think the magnifier lens and the panel are too close together which gives the appearance of being very close to a large screen. And I'm the type of person who loves the biggest screens in the cinema/or home but from a afar back distance.

That's why I watch the HMZ in 'cinema curve 2' mode setting. As it also makes the screen a lot massive but also more importantly pushes the virtual screen further away from my eyes. This only applies to 2D as it is automatically disabled in 3D.

The cinema curve 2 mode encompasses your vision so this helps. And if someone's got a problem with that, well then they'll have problems with IMAX!
At least the HMZ cinema curve modes are very subtle with a gentle curve, sometimes you won't even know it.
If something is very far from your eyeballs ie. a TV or projector then you should watch it flat. But if something's way too close to your eyeballs then you'll have to watch it curved. Makes sense, right. Good.

I also wear the HMZ further away from my face (over my glasses) as this helps because my eyesight is almost -6 vision (short-sighted). So my glasses have very powerful zoom.

Like I said before I can see the difference between a 55" 1080p tv compared to a 55" 4k/UHD TV from 20 feet away.

Nothing is perfect.

Sony 3D HMZ-T3 Owner
3D Blu-ray Supporter
4K Supporter?

Last edited by The Banshee; 05-27-2015 at 12:49 PM.
post #749 of 797 Old 05-28-2015, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
I received my HMZ-T3W from Amazon. This is the U.S. version. The unit came inside Sony's original box, which was also inside a larger Amazon shipping box. All accessories are included and were professionally packed. It looks like that some of the accessories were repacked into new plastic bags though. I could not find any scratches or other damage on the unit or the accessories. The Sony's packaging box is in good condition with some minor wear on the outside. There is "Amazon Warehouse Inspected" sticker on Sony's packaging box. Honestly, some sellers would probably have listed this item in "Like New" condition since only Sony's packaging box shows any kind of tear.

Overall, I am very impressed and happy with the condition and the service.

There are dealing with used items here, so obviously, the condition will vary from unit to unit. However, "Amazon Warehouse" is very descriptive in its listings when it comes to each listing condition, missing packaging, accessories, and so on. Mine was listed as follows "Item is in original packaging, but packaging may come damaged. Item is pristine and without scratches. All accessories are present and undamaged." I would say that this is exactly that I got and more.

I have 30 days to return the item, but I am not sure if there are any fees that are associated with the returns. I believe that I am also eligible to purchase warranty from SquareTrade.

Interestingly, the listing price is now $710, which is almost $100 more than I paid just a few days ago. I guess that these units are selling fairly well.
post #750 of 797 Old 05-28-2015, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Yeah I watched the prices jump from $610 to $640, $670 and now $710. Adorama is selling them new originally at $998 and just jacked them up to $1,098.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Oculus Rift Developers Kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page