Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
1 2  3  ... Last
3D Displays > Sony HMZ-T3 Personal 3D Viewer HMD Rumors, Information and Speculation thread
conan48's Avatar conan48 10:34 AM 08-09-2013
The 3rd generation of Sonys HMD should hopefully be available by years end (crosses fingers)

Lets post any rumors or information we may come across.

With the Oculus Rift gaining massive hype in the HMD arena, lets hope Sony is planing something special with an HMD of their own.

Looks like Sony stores are running out of stock. The Canadian Sonystyle store is out of stock, and I couldn't even find it on the US Sonystyle website. Hopefully this means that Sony has shifted production to a new HMD. Last year Sony debuted the HMZ-T2 at IFA on August 30. Hopefully we get an announcement soon.

Gradius2's Avatar Gradius2 10:02 PM 08-11-2013
Should be 1080p (FullHD), if possible 120Hz.

Better, and cheaper as well.
perkele's Avatar perkele 10:19 PM 08-11-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradius2 View Post

Should be 1080p (FullHD), if possible 120Hz.

Better, and cheaper as well.

120hz not gonna happen for sure. 1080p is doable, hoping for larger fov and better comfort too. They wont try to compete with rift, but i think 60-70 fov would be nice. Anything more would be too big for movies?
julianfox's Avatar julianfox 12:44 PM 08-13-2013
London's main Sony store has cut price of the HMZ-T2 by 20%.

Also, searching for "TMZ-T3" last week (speculatively) I found rumours on a number of Japanese websites of two model numbers being leaked. A couple of sites had references linking to a Japanese government website which has these two numbers:
HMZ-T3W-RXM
HMZ-T3W-P

http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/resource/j/material/proof/2013/353ul.pdf#page=2

Seems to be a government department concerned with radio equipment so perhaps there will be some wireless capabilities....
Paul H's Avatar Paul H 04:17 PM 08-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan48 View Post

The 3rd generation of Sonys HMD should hopefully be available by years end (crosses fingers)

Looks like Sony stores are running out of stock. The Canadian Sonystyle store is out of stock, and I couldn't even find it on the US Sonystyle website.
Sony has been "out of stock" on the US Sonystyle website before May 1, 2013 where I posted the fact in the HMZ-T1 thread here.

Starting to seriously doubt if there ever will be a HMZ-T3.frown.gif

Wouldn't mind their latest upgrade earmarked for surgeons:

Source
It is still 720P OLEDs, but I Love the center over-the-head stabilizer bar that makes it comfortable and consumer friendly.
Really hope at least this model gets a U.S. consumer release. smile.gif
The sleek looking square shaped side speakers also add a look of quality.
Paul H's Avatar Paul H 04:37 PM 08-13-2013
Quote:
*Please note that although this product has been approved in Japan, its launch in other countries has not yet been confirmed.
Release Date for surgeons in Japan August 1

Sony
yyy484's Avatar yyy484 09:00 AM 08-18-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post

Sony has been "out of stock" on the US Sonystyle website before May 1, 2013 where I posted the fact in the HMZ-T1 thread here.

Starting to seriously doubt if there ever will be a HMZ-T3.frown.gif

Wouldn't mind their latest upgrade earmarked for surgeons:

Source
It is still 720P OLEDs, but I Love the center over-the-head stabilizer bar that makes it comfortable and consumer friendly.
Really hope at least this model gets a U.S. consumer release. smile.gif
The sleek looking square shaped side speakers also add a look of quality.
THANKS Paul H
but why 729p confused.gif ( i doubt thats not for consumers to say )
hello 1080p not saying 4k cool.gif

anyways wait cedia next month - let see what Sony is up to biggrin.gif
MrJames's Avatar MrJames 05:15 PM 08-18-2013
The T2 never even made it to the US. I rarely use my T1 due to comfort issues but I would be all over a T3 if they make it comfortable and 1080p. A release alongside the PS4 launch (likely in October) would be nice.
andersos's Avatar andersos 03:30 AM 08-19-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by julianfox View Post

London's main Sony store has cut price of the HMZ-T2 by 20%.

Also, searching for "TMZ-T3" last week (speculatively) I found rumours on a number of Japanese websites of two model numbers being leaked. A couple of sites had references linking to a Japanese government website which has these two numbers:
HMZ-T3W-RXM
HMZ-T3W-P

http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/resource/j/material/proof/2013/353ul.pdf#page=2

Seems to be a government department concerned with radio equipment so perhaps there will be some wireless capabilities....

http://translate.google.fi/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2137600940388635001&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dsony%2Bhmz-t3%26client%3Dopera%26hs%3DvAN%26channel%3Dsuggest

Apparently the HMZ-T2 is now discontinued in Japanese Sony Store. And they think the W stands for wireless and that the HMZ-T3W-P is the processing/transmitting unit while HMZ-T3W-RXM would be the headset/receiver.
Intriguing biggrin.gif
yyy484's Avatar yyy484 02:23 PM 08-19-2013
what we have on the way soon :

1- Occulus Rift 1080p
2- Nvidia VR
3- Sony HMZ-T3

oh yah PS4 & Xbox One
whats more 4k .....
man this year is freaking awesome biggrin.gif
conan48's Avatar conan48 07:08 PM 08-19-2013
Sony president when asked if Oculus Rift would be supported on the PS4 he smiled and said no comment. This was after a very positive impression of the rift. People are assuming Rift support for the PS4, but I think Sony has been working on there own VR solution for some time. Why would Sony need the rift which is all off he shelf parts with nothing proprietary, when Sony has millions it can invest to create a better VR solution, and has the R and D to back it up and has access to its own OLED screens? The Rift will stay PC only, unless Microsoft buys them out. I've heard rumours of an Nvidia VR HMD, but no real information yet. BTW, Gamescon is tomorrow. Maybe Sony will have something nice to show us regarding VR or a new HMD eek.gif

Does anyone know if the Sony HMDs have been successful for Sony? They seem to run out of stock pretty fast, and way before any announcement of a new model. Hopefully it's not just a supply problem.
andersos's Avatar andersos 05:58 AM 08-20-2013
Exactly. There's no way PS4 will support the Rift fully. This year I expect that Sony will bring headtracking to HMD/PS4 combination.
chessmonster's Avatar chessmonster 10:09 AM 08-21-2013
So here is some old news i dont know if anyone caught.

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/12/sony-to-show-off-hmz-t2-hmd-prototype-with-head-tracking-and-pass-through-ar-video-1188

At the tokyo game show last year Sony was showing off a prototype HMD unit with a gyro, head tracking and video augmentation.
perkele's Avatar perkele 10:39 AM 08-21-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chessmonster View Post

So here is some old news i dont know if anyone caught.

http://www.roadtovr.com/2012/09/12/sony-to-show-off-hmz-t2-hmd-prototype-with-head-tracking-and-pass-through-ar-video-1188

At the tokyo game show last year Sony was showing off a prototype HMD unit with a gyro, head tracking and video augmentation.

Damn i was getting all excited until i saw that link and your edit biggrin.gif
yyy484's Avatar yyy484 07:42 AM 08-26-2013
check this out .. SpaceGlasses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7I7JuQXttw

is that even real !! eek.gif
and its out on sale $639,578
https://www.spaceglasses.com/
NickFoley's Avatar NickFoley 10:34 PM 09-02-2013
adamdevo's Avatar adamdevo 11:13 PM 09-02-2013
Only 10 grams lighter and still only 720p. I sold the HMZ-T2 and think I'll keep waiting for the HMZ-4.
andersos's Avatar andersos 09:12 AM 09-03-2013
I liked the picture from my HMZ-T1 which died recently. At least the T3 is wireless. I'll get a T3 for sure. Don't mind the 720p panels.

Edit : Sony seems to have a gaming oriented hmd coming too. It will be Playstation branded http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420136/sony-to-reveal-ps4-virtual-reality-headset-at-tgs/
TreeDee's Avatar TreeDee 10:56 AM 09-03-2013
perkele's Avatar perkele 12:10 PM 09-03-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by andersos View Post

I liked the picture from my HMZ-T1 which died recently. At least the T3 is wireless. I'll get a T3 for sure. Don't mind the 720p panels.

Edit : Sony seems to have a gaming oriented hmd coming too. It will be Playstation branded http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420136/sony-to-reveal-ps4-virtual-reality-headset-at-tgs/

Hey, i send you a pm.

Hmz-t3 still doesnt look comfortable. I probably buy it and try it out, i was really hoping for 1080p version with wider fov.
Chronoptimist's Avatar Chronoptimist 01:07 PM 09-03-2013
Dear Sony,

Thanks for releasing yet another device designed for tiny heads and flat noses. It seems like you learned a lot from the Rift. I can't wait to not buy one.
vaktmestern's Avatar vaktmestern 01:07 PM 09-03-2013
The curved cinema screen and the adjustments of the screen inches seems a good improvment
gareth 1970's Avatar gareth 1970 01:38 PM 09-03-2013
No 1080p, 10 grams lighter and your wallet will be £1,300 or $2000 lighter, I don't think so !! Serious cash for a device which is more or less the same as previous model, will anyone out there really think of spending that sort of cash on this. Sony need surely to do better than this unless its going to have head movement capabilities with the ps4 to be confirmed at this weeks toyko games show
andersos's Avatar andersos 01:51 PM 09-03-2013
Whgere did you see the £1,300 price?
gareth 1970's Avatar gareth 1970 02:00 PM 09-03-2013
Reading a few previews, techdigest review is stating that price, dont be too suprised mate rrp for t2 is £999
adamdevo's Avatar adamdevo 05:44 PM 09-03-2013
Yeah I have to say that they haven't learnt from past mistakes which is a big problem. I guess they have a lot of money to burn over at Sony to keep pumping these out.
yyy484's Avatar yyy484 08:53 AM 09-08-2013
we have 2 wait ....
Sony working on Virtual Reality headset for PS4
http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1378384677

no way its going 720p smile.gif
gareth 1970's Avatar gareth 1970 12:07 PM 09-08-2013
Yeah sounds good but I should start saving your pennies now for that one, if the new hmz t3 going to set you back the best partvof $2000 or £1300 whats sony vr headset going to cost!!! The oculus rift is said to be sensibly priced at a reported $300-$400 when it gets launched maybe a little higher, the rift may not have the same quality spec but they are working and have demoed a hd version but will sony let them in? I seriously doubt it 7f they're working on there own kit, what do you all think??
julianfox's Avatar julianfox 02:37 PM 09-08-2013
Also bawking at the price tag the media is reporting for the HMZ-T3 in the UK.

Reading between the lines, several articles have mentioned both a wired and a 'wireless' version of the T3 (I assume the wired version is basically a HMZ-T2 with slightly tweaked lenses, new straps and 3-HDMIs). Fingers crossed we see pricing emerge on the wired version closer to the currently pricing of the T2...or I'm out of this round!
AL_VR's Avatar AL_VR 12:23 PM 09-09-2013
According to this Sony JP site, the target price for the wired model is 80,000JPY:
http://pur.store.sony.jp/Qnavi/Product/HMZ-T3/
Tags: Oculus Rift Developers Kit
1 2  3  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop