Help: Chinese Samsung 60F6400 and 3DTV play - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-12-2013, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello to everyone,
I just discover this site and I am amazed about the technical level of people here so maybe someone will be able to help me.

I work in China (Shanghai) and I bought one week ago a Samsung 2013 TV: UA60F6400EJXXZ.

The problem is that it's impossible to get 3dTV play from Nvidia to be activated on it.
My PS3 is working perfectly in 3D, on PC I can play 3D games such as Crysis 3 using the game internal 3d side by side mode or play with Tridef using also side by side mode,
However when it comes to Nvidia solution, even if the 3d test is working and I have no error message (which means I can get framepavking from a hardware point of view), I stay in 3d Blu ray mode, which means no gaming whatever I do.
I installed the activation trial version which now tells me I have only 6 days left over the 14 allowed ones, and my computer run with Win 7 64.

Nvidia told me the problem could maybe be with my edid which contain a wrong screen size of 18.5 inches instead of 60".
I tried to use a .inf file with a compatible monitor but this is not working.

I also tried to update the firmware of the TV, however while in any other countries 60F6400 TV are in their 1109 or 1110 versions, in China this is the 1102 version which is the latest one.
Furthermore I am not even sure a firmware update can also update my edid.
And I don't know if I can without risk update my TV with a US or European firmware.

I bought this TV for Gaming so it is extremely frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards.

Louss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamze Louss View Post

Furthermore I am not even sure a firmware update can also update my edid.

Just that part I can confirm - the EDID results can definitely change after a firmware update.

My Nvidia Control Panel has an option under Workstation / View System Topology / System / Quadro K100M / DisplayPort / EDID to load the EDID, save it to a file, modify it, and use the modified file instead.

philip (dot) sosie (at) estaramerica.com
Twitter @PhilipSosie or @EstarAmerica
Reply 3D Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page