BenQ W1080ST - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-15-2013, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and also new to the 3D technology. I have bought the BenQ W1080ST projector and am happy with its performance.  I would like to know on how can i connect a emitter to this projector so that I can use the 3D glasses which do not require charging/ any ON-OFF switch (Active stereo).

Also, please suggest any website/ article which will be useful to better understand the 3D technology.

Look forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-16-2013, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

71 views and no reply :-(

post #3 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 01:51 AM

Well, I'm not too sure to get your question.

For the emitter, are you referring to a blu ray player or really the thing that connects to the glasses? For blu ray player or amplifier, anything with HDMI 1.4.

If by emitter you met the synching between the projector and the glasses then:
In a nutshell, once you force the 3D, there will be a red flash (triple flash -> 144hz) that will tell your DLP glasses when to switch from one eye to the other. Now not having to turn on the active glasses sounds like an unknown territory to me, as by definition, active glasses use a LCD glass which need power to be driven. But I might not be at the top of the technology here.

What I can add to the above is that the 3D works nicely on the W1080st... wink.gif
post #4 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 04:30 AM

Liked: 11
Hello and welcome,

You must use active DLP-Link glasses that either must be recharged or batteries installed for your projector for 3d. Your projector doesn't use passive glasses( those are the glasses that doesn't use batteries). Passive 3d projectors which you would use passive glasses for are very expensive whether it's a single or dual passive projector setup. I also don't see an emitter port on your projector model that could be used for RF(radio frequency or IR (infra red) 3d glasses and those are still active 3d glasses anyways as they just use a different method of synching the 3d.

If you want to learn more about all this 3d stuff just search these forums. There are tons of information on here and really good poeple that helped me also when I was learning.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty1975 View Post

71 views and no reply :-(

The question regarding glasses was unclear, possibly based on false assumptions (having an emitter is not related to the power source for the glasses).
You may take a look at the "Benq W1070 144Hz Compatible DLP-LINK 3D Glasses" thread in this forum, it's the same projector but not short throw.

The second question was too general (3D for projectors? bluray 3D? 3D tvs, HTPCs? ); there is no single source to address it all. You should start with Wikipedia and Google, with the FAQs and the overviews.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for your response.  I wanted to check if I can connect an emitter or some extra lense to this projector to make the content work on passive rather than active and vice versa.

Thanks again.

Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Benq W1080st 1080p 3d Short Throw Dlp Home Theater Projector
Gear in this thread - W1080st by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page