Sony Playstation 3dtv on Nvidia PC problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 12-04-2013, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I bought one of those used Sony Playstation 3dtv's, the 24 inch 1080p that comes with the glasses, it connects via hdmi only. I have it connected to my PC on a Nvidia GTX770. The 3D setup wizard was run successfully, including a test where I do see the animations in 3d. However the 3d does not work anywhere but in the test wizard. I read some old forums that say it is not compatible with NVidia 3d because it is connected via HDMI.

I am wondering, if I buy NVIDIA's 3dtv play software ( which is designed to display 3d PC content on a TV )  will it work? It costs 40 bucks and I don't want to waste money obviously. Nvidia no longer provides a list of a compatible displays, they just say "works with most 3d hdmi connected tvs. Also, is 3d gaming even worth the hassle at this point? I am an avid PC gamer but have never played in 3d. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-04-2013, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
It should work I would think. Nvidia offers a free trial on the 3dtv play software, so give it a shot and let us know how it works. Tridef also offers a free trial if it doesn't. Only one way to be sure.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
When I was looking at the software nvidia didn't advertise the trial, found through search though and will give it a try. Thanks.
post #4 of 5 Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Remember to unlock the convergence hotkey in the nvidia options, its never quite right and requires adjustment. What i like to do it take a ruler and set the separations between objects that are at a distance to my IPD (distance between eyes) then use the convergence key to make whatever is close to me look the size/distance that i what it. Any eye/head discomfort should go away pretty quickly. I only experienced it the first day of use.

You might try pulling the monitor closer to you for a wider FOV since FOV and 3D really compliment each other.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-07-2013, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Good luck with that PS monitor. Mine didn't even last a year with limited use and googling my issue, it seems a lot of people had them crap out on them
Reply 3D Displays

Tags
Nvidia 3d Vision 2 Wireless Glasses Extra Pair

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page