Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Samsung UHG 9000 series. need help

My wealthy cousin recently bought a new 4K 65" 3DTV. Because he needed a new TV to replace an old Mitsubishi. He has had this for 6months and could not figure out how to watch 3D. He also complained about the picture not looking as good as he thought it should.

So I helped him fix the picture by reducing the sharpness from 100 to about 40 and then made a few tweaks in the brightness and contrast. Next we worked on his 3D. Got it working with an excellent picture on Netflix 3D. Next I tried to show him some of my work on You Tube but we could not figure out how to select SBS mode. And this is where i need your help.
He didn't have a manual but deep in the menus there were some 3D options, just none for SBS or TOP BOTTOM. On top of that, there was no way to turn off 3D to set the YT to 2D. We tested the Samsung YT app as well as the browser and while different, no selections for SBS.

Any of you know how to do SBS on this 9000 series Samsung?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 407 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Landis View Post
My wealthy cousin recently bought a new 4K 65" 3DTV. Because he needed a new TV to replace an old Mitsubishi. He has had this for 6months and could not figure out how to watch 3D. He also complained about the picture not looking as good as he thought it should.

So I helped him fix the picture by reducing the sharpness from 100 to about 40 and then made a few tweaks in the brightness and contrast. Next we worked on his 3D. Got it working with an excellent picture on Netflix 3D. Next I tried to show him some of my work on You Tube but we could not figure out how to select SBS mode. And this is where i need your help.
He didn't have a manual but deep in the menus there were some 3D options, just none for SBS or TOP BOTTOM. On top of that, there was no way to turn off 3D to set the YT to 2D. We tested the Samsung YT app as well as the browser and while different, no selections for SBS.

Any of you know how to do SBS on this 9000 series Samsung?
You can choose side by side when you press the 3D button on the remote.

UN65F9000AFXZA + SEK2500U/ZA firmware version 1150.5
Denon AVR-2313ci, Denon AVR-S900w, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S6200
Cox Cisco 6 tuner Contour Box , PS4, Xbox One, HD Antenna
(2) Klipsch F-30s, (2) Klipsch F-20s, (2) Klipsch S-20s, (1) Klipsch C-20
(2) Klipsch S-10s, (2) Klipsch B-20s, (1) Klipsch Sub-12HG
UN55HU8550, Ceton Echo, Apple TV, Sony BDP-S590, Motorola Cox Contour Receiver, PC
post #3 of 3 Old 06-24-2014, 11:33 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Thanks, I passed the instruction along and waiting to hear back if he figured it out.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page