Passive 3d monitor - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 09-03-2014, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Passive 3d monitor

I have been trying to find a good 3d monitor for my computer but am having troubles because there are none out on demos anywhere. I have been looking online and other that amazon and newegg I cannot seem to find a passive monitor that is made for the USA. I have a 200 to 300$ limit which has to include extended warranty. I would prefer a ips passive 3d monitor with led backlight. but but like I said I have been having trouble locating one. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-04-2014, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 49
I'm using this one: http://www.asus.com/Monitors_Projectors/VG23AH/ . This particular one doesn't seem to be available any more, though.

The only issue is that you're sitting a lot closer to the screen than you are with a full-sized TV, so it's easier to get crosstalk on the top and bottom of the screen due to the depth of the FPR layer. The closer you sit, the worse it can be.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
That's the problem that I am having. I have been asking about 3d in several places with the same answer. We stopped selling them. Was in Sam's Club today and talked to a corporate electronics coordinator that was there today working on their 4k tvs and he said 3d bombed bad in the USA because it takes so much bandwidth for it and doesn't see it coming back. Makes me sad to hear that. I have seen one 3d and it was imax and the time I get the cash to go 3d they go out...lol
post #4 of 4 Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 AM

Liked: 11
Plus passive 3D cuts your vertical resolution in half. Not much of a problem with a TV where you're using it to watch movies. But you're sitting close to a monitor so it's much more visible and some games can use small text that becomes unreadable.

Youth is wasted on the wrong people.
Reply 3D Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page