3d blu ray vs pc - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-05-2014, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
3d blu ray vs pc

Hi, I wanted to ask you folks about the difference in playing 3d sbs movies to my lg 3d tv from my computer or playing them from blu ray 3d.
If the sbs movie played from the computer is the same size and quality tan the bluray, does it look different?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2014, 08:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Just saw this is still unanswered, so...if you have a passive TV, the glasses will block out the extra lines, so you're only getting 540p per eye, so in a since SbS will be roughly the same quality.

This line intentionally left blank.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Regardless of the pixel argument, SBS movies are, by definition, lower resolution and suffer more compression than the original Blu-ray, which can be devastating to the 3D effect if it's not done correctly. IMO, there's no substitute for the original Blu-ray.

Welcome to Rivendell, Mister Anderson.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:17 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wondered the same thing, thank you!
Old 10-06-2014, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by francisco hernandez proto View Post
Hi, I wanted to ask you folks about the difference in playing 3d sbs movies to my lg 3d tv from my computer or playing them from blu ray 3d.
If the sbs movie played from the computer is the same size and quality tan the bluray, does it look different?
SBS 3D movies are simply 2D frames containing both eye views. They are usually converted to the required individual eye views by the display device, if it is told they are SBS.

Consequently, sending these SBS 2D frames to a 3D display via a PC or Bluray player as 2D frames will give exactly the same result.

If you are talking about converting SBS 2D frames to proper frame packed 3D in a PC or Bluray player, then the result may vary depending on whether the device supports that functionality and how well it performs the conversion.

If you mean is there a difference between SBS 3D movies via PC and proper 3D Bluray movies, then yes the genuine 3D will be better since the SBS 3D is halved in resolution and possibly compressed even further.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
computer , quality , sbs